Help Please: New build wont show video signal... Ncase M1 with 3080, x570-i and 5950x

SilentSniper

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
Ok booted her up for the first time and no video signal. All fans working, LEDs on motherboard and gpu working. No beeps and stays on. My keyboard also isn't lighting up.

1) If I have a Ryzen 5950x in a x570-i motherboard do I need a newer bios installed for it to show a video signal or boot to bios?

2) Any other ideas?

I have tried the hdmi out of the gpu and hdmi out of the motherboard. When I connect it to my TV or monitor it turns on detecting some type of signal it seems.but then they both say no signal.

Thanks for the help

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
1) As 5950X is so new, I am pretty sure you will need to update the BIOS of the motherboard to make it work.
Eg Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming needs BIOS version 2606 (or above) for 5950X to function

You will probably need to either borrow a supported CPU from a friend or bring your mainboard to a local PC store to use their BIOS flashing service.

Also, some mobo has a dedicated 'BIOS flashback' button on the I/O which you can use to flash BIOS even without the CPU. Check yours to see if it has one.

2) Even if 5950X is recognized (but this does not seem to be your current situation), 5950X does not have integrated display and so using mainboard's HDMI output is not possible.

Quaddragon

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2020
It's very possible you need a bios update. What do the debug LEDs tell you?
If you have a an older video card you could try that.

SilentSniper

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
1) As 5950X is so new, I am pretty sure you will need to update the BIOS of the motherboard to make it work.
Eg Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming needs BIOS version 2606 (or above) for 5950X to function

You will probably need to either borrow a supported CPU from a friend or bring your mainboard to a local PC store to use their BIOS flashing service.

Also, some mobo has a dedicated 'BIOS flashback' button on the I/O which you can use to flash BIOS even without the CPU. Check yours to see if it has one.

2) Even if 5950X is recognized (but this does not seem to be your current situation), 5950X does not have integrated display and so using mainboard's HDMI output is not possible.
I know very little about bios flashes but i will check.

I am using the hdmi out of 3080. Not a hdmi 2.1 cable.but an hdmi cable.

It's very possible you need a bios update. What do the debug LEDs tell you?
If you have a an older video card you could try that.
The orange light for DRAM is on and I have tried everything... one ram stick in each slot, refitting gpu, reconnecting all psu cables.

THANKS GUYS

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
Hi SilentSniper,

The ROG Strix X570-I Gaming does not have BIOS Flashback support, so you'll likely need to barrow a cpu from a friend or bring it to a PC repair shop to have it updated. I have the same motherboard and my 5600x arrives later today so I can see if I have the same issues, though I suspect I will.

Ironore_parma

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 17, 2021
Hi SilentSniper,

The ROG Strix X570-I Gaming does not have BIOS Flashback support, so you'll likely need to barrow a cpu from a friend or bring it to a PC repair shop to have it updated. I have the same motherboard and my 5600x arrives later today so I can see if I have the same issues, though I suspect I will.
What ended up happening to you with this? I have just had the same issue today. 5600x, X570-I and no video out :(

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
What ended up happening to you with this? I have just had the same issue today. 5600x, X570-I and no video out :(
Hi @Ironore_parma,

Sorry to hear that - It definitely is a pain in the butt. I ended up returning it for a ROG Strix B550I instead, b/c I wanted the USB-C port for the front, only reason I got the X570 is I wanted the extra rear I/O ports, but I just picked up a USB-C 3.2 to 4x USB-A hub in the rear. The B550I has the BIOS Flashback support, that the X570 doesn't. You would likely still need to barrow a previous gen CPU or go to a local PC repair shop to upgrade the BIOS on the X570. :\