Discussion Random reboots and video signal loss after reboot/shutdown/sleep

subicbae

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 26, 2020
I just built my first SFFPC a week using the NZXT H1. My specs are below. The first thing I did after installing Windows 10 was updated the BIOS to 2606 along with installing the newest mobo drivers. Then I installed the driver for the 5700XT. I first started noticing my issues after the PC went to sleep after about an hour of it being idle. When I woke it up it would reboot. Once I was signed it I would notice that my audio wasn't working and had a driver issue under device manager. I would manually reboot and that would fix the audio issue. After shutting down the PC for the night and powering it on the next morning I will have issues getting a display on my monitor. My monitor is would say that it's not receiving any signal from the display port. I would try and switch to the other display ports on my GPU and nothing. I even tried the video ports on the mobo. After a few days I got fed up and decided to start from scratch and do another clean install of Windows 10. The same issues persist now, but the only difference now is I've set my RAM to 3000Mhz instead of 3600Mhz. It seems to be stable. I've rebooted/shutdown the PC a few times and things seem normal. I'm curious to know if this might be a RAM or PSU issue. I'm not sure if the PSU is not supplying enough power since the H1 only comes with a 650 Watts. I've looked at the Windows Event Viewer and notice Errors with Event IDs of 4311 and 1000. I did see a thread on the Microsoft forums on the recent 4311 issue that was started but no solution yet. I linked it below. I've also reseated the RAM and GPU. Cleaned the connectors with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. Please, help me. Thank you.

-Asus ROG Strix X570-I mobo

-Ryzen 3700X

-G.SKILL TridentZ Neo 32GB (3600 DDR4)

-Gigabyte 5700XT

4311 Event ID:

subicbae

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 26, 2020
Wow, I didn't even think of that. That makes sense. I'll set the PCIEX16_1 mode to Gen 3 and set my RAM back up to 3600 and see if I have any issues. Thank you.

Reactions: rfarmer