Discussion HELP - Need to find out if this is a legitimate RTX 3090

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
Hi guys, i was looking into some RTX 3090's and this one has appeared on a local marketplace, still in the box. BUT i can only see a reference to it on Aliexpress and a tear down in mandarin (i assume) .
Has anyone seen this card before, know of any driver issues, or know anything about it? My understanding was that Leadtek generally did workstation cards and on the manufacturers page only showed a hurricane.

Its a really decent price, but just wary

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Leadtek is a proper brand that is only available on the Asian market AFAIK. These are probably ex mining cards if they're being sold second hand so I'd be warry.

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
Leadtek is a proper brand that is only available on the Asian market AFAIK. These are probably ex mining cards if they're being sold second hand so I'd be warry.
this particular one is brand new still in the wrapped box. Just dirty cheap. I was wondering if the price could be lowered a little more maybe onecould look to water cool this (albeit never done liquid cooling outside an AIO)

it looks like their A5000 or A6000 workstation card after doing some further digging.