Concept Help assembling the almighty WEAKpc

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I presently use an Asrock J5005 tdp 15W embedded motherboard in a low power build with a 30W Toshiba charger for my AC has a plug in dcdc z3-atx psu. Use the pcie 1x connector for an m.2 adapter, no gaming(Linux). Have used the Q1900DC, Q2900, J3710, this is fav so far. Probably be good for this use.

That's probly the way to go, I think... it's readyly available here in Brazil, it have a usable CPU (comparable in performance to the remarkable C2Q Q6600) and PCIe.

The only missing feature here to be considered perfect is the DC-Input. :(

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
hey cleveland, do you think you could mod a Xbox Brick ? Its 12V and 135w
Theres a lot of 12V pico psu here. around R$200~R$250 could power the whole system maybe

I've not tryed it yet but Its something I'm thinking on doing

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
hey cleveland, do you think you could mod a Xbox Brick ? Its 12V and 135w
Theres a lot of 12V pico psu here. around R$200~R$250 could power the whole system maybe

I've not tryed it yet but Its something I'm thinking on doing

I've done it a couple times. It's not hard and the only "rail" you'll be missing is the one responsible for the sense, from an internal circuit inside the brick.

PM me if you need any help, ok?

Reactions: owliwar

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
That's probly the way to go, I think... it's readyly available here in Brazil, it have a usable CPU (comparable in performance to the remarkable C2Q Q6600) and PCIe.

The only missing feature here to be considered perfect is the DC-Input. :(

I cheated on the DC input
Cutting the Cable

EDIT: The built-in graphics are pretty good on this mobo/cpu/igpu as well, been playing the 4K downloads even 60fps from 4kmedia.org without issue.

Last edited: