Prototype Heartcase 3D printed ITX 12L case V1.0

mikehandsdown

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 26, 2021
I've been working on this lockdown project for a few months and am starting to put together the prototype.

Main considerations of the case:
-Fit within the build plate of my 3D printer (28cm x 24cm x 30cm).
-As few overhangs as possible with absolute minimal support material needed.
-To fit standard off the shelf components.
-Grip nut construction (original idea was to have it clip together, this was a bad idea).
-Easy to open up and work on.

More to come, lots of changes have been made since this first prototype. Will put together a build video at some point.

Last edited:

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Beautiful work, and great concept. What model of printer are you using?
I'm not sure about the front i/o (audio, usb-a, reset switch). Maybe the look of all that provides a visual anchor and interest, but it's a bit cluttered and old fashioned too (and cluttered internally).

mikehandsdown

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 26, 2021
Beautiful work, and great concept. What model of printer are you using?
I'm not sure about the front i/o (audio, usb-a, reset switch). Maybe the look of all that provides a visual anchor and interest, but it's a bit cluttered and old fashioned too (and cluttered internally).
Thanks for the interest, I'm using a Sovol SV1.

I'm not sure about the front I/O either, makes it look like a Dell from 2002. -But I am on a tight budget and found this:

..and thought that's a cheap starting point. Please point me towards a better option for future projects, would be appreciated.

sff_lamer

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 16, 2022
So the topic died out as soon as you posted the model for money. 2 years have passed, perhaps you have already managed to recoup the costs of modeling and test printing samples (because if not, they will not pay off), please open access for free download. Thank you

• Haha
Reactions: Sen

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
So the topic died out as soon as you posted the model for money. 2 years have passed, perhaps you have already managed to recoup the costs of modeling and test printing samples (because if not, they will not pay off), please open access for free download. Thank you
It's 5 dollars, if you can't afford that I don't think you should be building an SFF build, as they get a lot more expensive than that :)