Power Supply HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
Bare in mind that the HDPLEX 300w AC-DC unit requires active cooling to keep its temps in check to sustain its 300w output.

For example a 250w system (Example: Intel i7 65w + GTX 1070 150w) being powered by the HDPLEX 300w AC-DC unit WITHOUT active cooling will shut down during a heavy gaming session.

The Dell 19V 330w AC Adapter however runs much cooler and does not require active cooling to power a 250w system during a heavy gaming session.

so it will be better using 2 dell bricks than 2 HDPLEX 300w AC-DC unit? do you know how to set 2 HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX for 1 rig?

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
so it will be better using 2 dell bricks than 2 HDPLEX 300w AC-DC unit? do you know how to set 2 HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX for 1 rig?

I don't really have the knowledge to answer this sorry, perhaps someone like @Kmpkt may be able to give you a better answer.

My previous post was based off personal experience using the HDPLEX 300w AC-DC, it gets very hot to the touch even under light usage, I expect the reason behind this is because the unit is (possibly) designed to be mounted into one of their own HDPLEX cases which act as a massive heatsink for it.

snyed

Trash Compacter
Oct 8, 2017
Bare in mind that the HDPLEX 300w AC-DC unit requires active cooling to keep its temps in check to sustain its 300w output.

For example a 250w system (Example: Intel i7 65w + GTX 1070 150w) being powered by the HDPLEX 300w AC-DC unit WITHOUT active cooling will shut down during a heavy gaming session.

The Dell 19V 330w AC Adapter however runs much cooler and does not require active cooling to power a 250w system during a heavy gaming session.

Do you know if the 400w version requires active cooling to sustain ~300w loads?

Reactions: Biowarejak

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
I don't really have the knowledge to answer this sorry, perhaps someone like @Kmpkt may be able to give you a better answer.

My previous post was based off personal experience using the HDPLEX 300w AC-DC, it gets very hot to the touch even under light usage, I expect the reason behind this is because the unit is (possibly) designed to be mounted into one of their own HDPLEX cases which act as a massive heatsink for it.

well maybe need to attach a fan for cooling the HDPLEX 300w AC-DC, the reason's why i need 2 units of HD Plex 400w DC-ATX because one for motherboard + CPU and one for the GPU, i know @AleksandarK already told that it's safe with 1 unit HD Plex 400w DC-ATX, but I dont want to take any risk for my Hardware,,

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If you can wait a month, I will be releasing the KMPKT Dynamo and Dynamo Mini combo. With it, you will be able to use with two HDPlex 300W AC-DC units for a 500W+ system. It is made by HDPlex so the high quality is the same and compatibility won't be an issue. If you can get your hands on a 780W Eurocom brick, this combo should comfortably handle 560W.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
If you can wait a month, I will be releasing the KMPKT Dynamo and Dynamo Mini combo. With it, you will be able to use with two HDPlex 300W AC-DC units for a 500W+ system.
Speaking of, do you have mounting points for the board allowing them to link together?

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
If you can wait a month, I will be releasing the KMPKT Dynamo and Dynamo Mini combo. With it, you will be able to use with two HDPlex 300W AC-DC units for a 500W+ system. It is made by HDPlex so the high quality is the same and compatibility won't be an issue. If you can get your hands on a 780W Eurocom brick, this combo should comfortably handle 560W.

Well, i'm not in a rush, so I can wait for that, besides I am waiting asus rog strix Z370i gaming available in my country,

Length of 120mm:

Width of 47mm:

Thickness of 20mm for bulk of the unit:

Thickness of 24mm over the inductors:

so this one is for the GPU

and for the motherboard and CPU i can Use Dynamo mini? I only see 24 pin atx on dynamo mini? what about the 8pin cpu?
sorry for asking this question, since i never use this kind of PSU, only use regular SFX & ATX PSU

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
The Dynamo Mini is simply a rebranded HDPlex 160W DC-ATX with custom heatsink. As such there are two 4 pin to 8 pin cables that attach to it, one for 8 pin EPS and the other for PCIe if needed.

ThatRacingGuy

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2017
UK HDPLEX 400 users, where are you getting your bricks from?
I bought a dell unit of eBay, my PC keeps cutting out (the brick needs unplugging and leaving before it will power again) so I think the brick may be to fault. It looks like a quality genuine product to me but something is wrong somewhere...

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
UK HDPLEX 400 users, where are you getting your bricks from?
I bought a dell unit of eBay, my PC keeps cutting out (the brick needs unplugging and leaving before it will power again) so I think the brick may be to fault. It looks like a quality genuine product to me but something is wrong somewhere...
Bought my 330w Dell off Amazon, it was about £90. Works fine with 400w HDPLEX, never needed to unplug it for it to work properly.

Disaffecto

What's an ITX?
Oct 3, 2017
I had the same problem with my Setup, (i7 7700k , GA-Z270N-WIFI, 1070 Turbo, HDPLEX400 ) , and after looking at the BIOS configuration a found two options that helped me , I think that maybe there's some residual current or something like that after shutting down the computer and/or charging USB while shutt down its causing a conflict keeping the system running , so I enable this two options '"ErP" and "Power Loading" and now it is shutting down correctly, Hope it helps.

ERP = Determines whether to let the system consume least power in S5 (shutdown) state. (Default: Disabled) Note: When this item is set to Enabled, the following functions will become unavailable: Resume by Alarm, PME event wake up, power on by mouse, power on by keyboard, and wake on LAN.

Power Loading = Enables or disables dummy load. When the power supply is at low load, a self-protection will activate causing it to shutdown or fail. If this occurs, please set to Enabled. Auto lets the BIOS automatically configure this setting. (Default: Auto)

I had the same issue. Setup: Xeon E3 1240L v3 (25W), ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac, 1050Ti; When I set an option in BIOS: Advanced > Chipset Configuration > Deep Sleep > Enabled in S4-S5, system shuts down correctly (and LED on hdplex changes color to blue). I have no idea what does it mean.

I also have another issue: when I try to run prime95 - system shuts down immediately :/. I use Dell 330W brick (I also tried to use HDPLEX 300W AC-DC adapter - same effect); I had no issue with Streacom 160W nanoPSU, so it looks like the problem is with HDPLEX DC-ATX. Any ideas?

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017

I have 3 of them and all worked flawless. Used them in the following systems.

NCase M1
X99e-Itx/ac
GTX 970
2 Noctua fans
1 Scythe fan
Aquaero
D5 pump
Hdplex 250

S4 Mini
Asus z270 strix
GTX 1070
Hdplex 300

S4 Mini
Asrock Fatal1ty z370
GTX 1080
Hdplex 300

eme

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2017
I have 3 of them and all worked flawless. Used them in the following systems.

NCase M1
X99e-Itx/ac
GTX 970
2 Noctua fans
1 Scythe fan
Aquaero
D5 pump
Hdplex 250

S4 Mini
Asus z270 strix
GTX 1070
Hdplex 300

S4 Mini
Asrock Fatal1ty z370
GTX 1080
Hdplex 300

Niiice, well done itx love.

Cobain

Case Bender
Jan 5, 2018
Hi All!
I recently bought a HDPLEX 400W off a local forum. The guy had misplaced the PCIe cable which I didn't mind as I'd be sleeving the cables anyways untill I saw the schematic. From my understanding of reading the posts on here the cable is double crimped, just not sure where. Could anyone provide pictures of their PCIe cable specifically where the wires enter the header?

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Hi All!
I recently bought a HDPLEX 400W off a local forum. The guy had misplaced the PCIe cable which I didn't mind as I'd be sleeving the cables anyways untill I saw the schematic. From my understanding of reading the posts on here the cable is double crimped, just not sure where. Could anyone provide pictures of their PCIe cable specifically where the wires enter the header?

It's really a mess of wires, don't think a photo would actually help lol. Particularly on the gpu side where there's a second 8 pin connector coming out from double crimped terminals. I mapped out the wiring to the first gpu connector in paint for you though. Only enough effort to give orientation lol. Top left on the hdplex side has no cable connected, hence the "x". Other than that just match the colours for where each wire connects.

EDIT: also maybe wait for someone to confirm I haven't made a mistake. I checked several times but I don't want to be responsible for frying your gpu :)

Cobain

Case Bender
Jan 5, 2018
It's really a mess of wires, don't think a photo would actually help lol. Particularly on the gpu side where there's a second 8 pin connector coming out from double crimped terminals. I mapped out the wiring to the first gpu connector in paint for you though. Only enough effort to give orientation lol. Top left on the hdplex side has no cable connected, hence the "x". Other than that just match the colours for where each wire connects.

EDIT: also maybe wait for someone to confirm I haven't made a mistake. I checked several times but I don't want to be responsible for frying your gpu :)

I really appreciate the effort you put into this! Also my GPU only takes an 8 pin so this is all I need :)
I'll reach out to Larry and see if he has any corrections and I'll let you know how it goes :)