Discussion Has anyone owned a Meshy and a Q58?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 2, 2019
I stepped out of SFF for a bit as I needed a X299 system for a while, but now i'm coming back into the fold as i've got enough money for a dedicated gaming PC.

I really like the SSUPD Meshy and the Lian Li Q58 but I'm a bit torn between the two and flip between each several times in a day, so I was hoping someone could help me make the decision.

Hardware I want to put inside:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D (I have a spare 2700 to use in the meantime)
CPU Cooler: EK-AIO 280 D-RGB
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-I
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600 CL18
M.2 - 1: WD SN850 2TB
M.2 - 2: WD Blue 2TB
Sata SSD 1: Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Sata SSD 2: Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
GPU: ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC Edition
PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum

If I am completely objective, I do like the mechanical or functional element of the Meshy more and the fact it takes up less desk space, but I like the aesthetics of the Q58 and the ease of accessibility to the I/O and graphics card ports.

I have read that fitting a 280MM AIO in the Q58 is a pain, but according to the specs, my EK should fit?

I was hoping someone who has had or worked with both, could give me their 2cents on which is better?

Havenmonarch

Case Bender
New User
Dec 7, 2022
Hi there!

I realize it's been a while, but I am curious as to which case you picked, and your thoughts 10 months in now. I'm going through the same back and forth myself, and I would love to learn from your experience.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Hi there!

I realize it's been a while, but I am curious as to which case you picked, and your thoughts 10 months in now. I'm going through the same back and forth myself, and I would love to learn from your experience.
I "only" own a Meshlicious, but if its just an aesthetic decision, pick whatever you like.

Currently I'm very happy with the flexibility of the Meshi - it allows to put things inside that normally wouldnt fit, if you just look at it from a different angle (also see my cry of joy being able to fit the Liquid Freezer II 240 inside, despite the first try turning out as a failure; thats 64 mm depth with fans preinstalled).

cu, w0lf.

Spucke

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 11, 2023
Hello, I have the Lian Li Q58 X 4.0. An Asus ROG Strix b550-i, AMD 5950x, Nzxt Z63, Corsair SF Series SF750 80 and an RTX 3080ti FE are installed. It wasn't that difficult to put together, it's my first self-build.

VG