"Gutter" Elbow AIO Case

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017

Please excuse my lack of modeling skills, but this is essentially what I'm going for: an L shaped case with support for a full size 2-3 slot graphics card.

This will be a one-off case which I will be making by joining two aluminum electrical boxes and sacrificing an old atx case by using a Dremel to cut the inner skeleton. The inner skeleton will be mounted to the result of the the two boxes and then after tracing the screwholes for a vesa mount, mount a portable monitor on the upper part.
add some fans for cooling, and it should look something like this:

Since I will be using a small vesa arm/wallmount it should be expected that the monitor will stick out a bit to allow for tilting and position adjustment. Hence the "boot" allows for both ventilation for the gpu and having the monitor on a vesa arm I can add additional ventilation holes behind it for the cpu.

I plan for a cutout to go from the outer case to the ioshield so that I can still access the back of the motherboard without trouble. I also plan to route the usb power for the monitor to a usb header on the motherboard to keep the cable clutter tucked away inside.