GPU Gtx 1080 itx Gigabyte Modded bios

Kamiii

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Hello!

So, I have a Gigabyte 1080 itx, and it really is a hot card, literally and figuratively :). I'm looking to install an arctic accelero mono plus on it, to improve the temps, since it runs into a pretty spicy 74 degrees C on FE stock speeds. Yes, I can also undervolt, and I will try, if this doesn't result in any solutions.

So the thing is: I want to get as much performance out of it as possible, overclocking is the plan for now. With the accelero mono installed, which is rated for 200w, I will have dropped a good 10 degrees, maybe more. The powerlimit on this card is 105% though, and the rated tdp 180w. This means I will be hitting a hard stop at ~189w. I think I can squeeze a little more performance than that from this card with the aftermarket cooler, and was trying to find a modded bios for this card. But the pcb has a 5+2 powerphase design, which isn't all that popular. It has an 8 pin connection and also the pcie slot, so it should be able to go to 225w, but was looking to get it around 200w, which the cooler is rated for.

Tl;dr:
Does anyone know of a modded gtx 1080 bios, with a pcb design similar to the gigabyte 1080 itx?

Thanks in advance!

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
iirc all the 10xx gen BIOS are signed and encrypted and hasnt yet been cracked. whats more if / when the BIOS is cracked and modded versions released there would still be the issue of the cards not botting them if their unsigned. There has been some success w/ people flashing the BIOS for different variations of the same gen of card though, iirc some people on this forum were experimenting w/ flashing the BIOS from a card w/ a 0% fan profile at idle onto cards that were lacking the feature.

noobblaster98

What's an ITX?
Mar 28, 2018
Would you happen to have the stock bios for the Gigabyte 1080 ITX. I have the one that comes out of the Aorus gamebox, but the fan speeds are locked at 1100 rpm, and it runs pretty hot. Other 1080 bioses result in the memory clock being locked at 405mhz. I cant find the Gigabyte 1080 itx bios anywhere...

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
iirc some people on this forum were experimenting w/ flashing the BIOS from a card w/ a 0% fan profile at idle onto cards that were lacking the feature.

I would like to see that happening. My low profile GTX 1050 has a fan that runs loud as hell at idle and with no way to adjust the fan with any software.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
Would you happen to have the stock bios for the Gigabyte 1080 ITX. I have the one that comes out of the Aorus gamebox, but the fan speeds are locked at 1100 rpm, and it runs pretty hot. Other 1080 bioses result in the memory clock being locked at 405mhz. I cant find the Gigabyte 1080 itx bios anywhere...

Here ya go :3

I have this gpu too, so be sure to post results of the flash please!