Motherboard GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (1.0) BIOS Recovery

rock140

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
I attempted to flash a new bios using Gigabyte's @bios tool. I was using the F10 bios before the flash and everything worked fine. However, during the flashing process, windows gave me a BSOD so the bios became corrupt. I've been searching the web for answers and looked through the manual for anything related to BIOS recovery but couldn't find anything. Is there a BIOS recovery tool for the itx version of the board? I read elsewhere that the normal gaming 3 mobo has a dual BIOS function that helps with this problem. My computer is currently dead, wouldn't boot and won't post.
I was wondering if anyone could confirm the differences between the m-atx board and this itx board. Thanks.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I assume you've tried resetting the BIOS?

Unfortunately it looks like the ITX board doesn't have DualBIOS so you may have a b0rked board :(

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'd contact Gigabyte, they might be able to send you a BIOS chip (if removable) or be able to help you out in other ways.

rock140

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
I'd contact Gigabyte, they might be able to send you a BIOS chip (if removable) or be able to help you out in other ways.
I assume you've tried resetting the BIOS?

Unfortunately it looks like the ITX board doesn't have DualBIOS so you may have a b0rked board :(

Sorry, I should've specified. Yes I am trying to look for a BIOS recovery feature (BIOS jumper or dual BIOS or whatever) in the itx version of the board. Sadly, I came to the same conclusion as you guys. :'( I contacted Gigabyte esupport but guess I have no other option than to wait for their reply. :( It's a shame that modern boards lack BIOS recovery features...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
ITX does have a limited PCB realestate so it seems like those features are less important than RGB (one sells, the other rarely does).
I am also still very wary of updating firmware in Windows, because so many things can screw with the process. A feature modern boards do have is in-BIOS firmware updating. Some even have CPU-less firmware updating, even for "bricked" boards. But it's much less common.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Its a long shot but there is a clear CMOS header on the board you can short, looking straight down at the board w/ the PCIe slot at the bottom its just above and to the left of the left edge of the slot, its the 2nd horizontal 2 pin jumper set up from the bottom, below a 4 pin set and above a 2 pin. If you have the mobo manual its section 1-7, page 13, number 14 in the diagram. If you dont have the manual it can be had here.

Reactions: Phuncz

rock140

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
Its a long shot but there is a clear CMOS header on the board you can short, looking straight down at the board w/ the PCIe slot at the bottom its just above and to the left of the left edge of the slot, its the 2nd horizontal 2 pin jumper set up from the bottom, below a 4 pin set and above a 2 pin. If you have the mobo manual its section 1-7, page 13, number 14 in the diagram. If you dont have the manual it can be had here.

Thanks for the reply, but I tried that as well. Doing that clears the CMOS values (settings etc.) but doesn't help with corrupted BIOSes. I guess a the end of the day, what sells is all that matters like @Phuncz said. BIOS recovery tools aren't something normal consumers want. I have no option but to wait for Gigabyte's reply. :(