GPU GTX 1070 Ti

EM98xXkillerXx

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Was wondering what your guys thoughts were on the 1070 ti by Zotac, I'm thinking of getting one myself because my GTX 1060 3 GB just caught fire the other day so I'm really hoping to replace it with something much nicer like this. I've also been considering doing a few mods to it if I do get it (liquid metal TIM replacement, thermal pad addition for my normal bezel, Noctua fan replacement mods) for my S4 mini. I'm pretty sure this'll work because simply comparing images of the graphics cards (1070 ti and 1080 ti mini's) the heatsinks, coolers, and even screw placements are exactly the same.

I was also wondering if the card would be similar in power draw to a GTX 1070 itx or a GTX 1080 itx. On Zotac's site it lists the card as 180w power draw, the 1070 itx is listed at 150 and the 1080 is 180w.

Anyways, are any of you thinking of getting the GTX 1070 Ti? As of now I believe it's gonna be in stock in the next few days on amazon so I'm going to have to decide eventually (especially considering I'm not sure the RMA for my 1060 will go through) but I think it's already in stock on newegg too.

EM98xXkillerXx

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Wtf did you do to make your gpu catch on fire?
well, I actually have no idea tbh. I was playing some games, not even a super stressing game, it was a story about my uncle, and my pc just... shut down. It turned off and the power supply was flickering when I tried to power it on, so I took it apart and messaged guryhwa thinking I killed the PSU and something must have happened when I took it apart because a transistor on the back just blew up when I rebooted the system. I'll upload some pics later but I gotta see if my RMA will go through.

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
well, I actually have no idea tbh. I was playing some games, not even a super stressing game, it was a story about my uncle, and my pc just... shut down. It turned off and the power supply was flickering when I tried to power it on, so I took it apart and messaged guryhwa thinking I killed the PSU and something must have happened when I took it apart because a transistor on the back just blew up when I rebooted the system. I'll upload some pics later but I gotta see if my RMA will go through.
That's insane haha, I actually just received the zotac 1070ti mini from B&H (it was the only gpu at msrp that i could find). If you can get it for around msrp AND you plan on overclocking it to get near 1080 level performance you're actually looking at a very good value proposition. My only complaint about the gpu is that the fans are always on (they still change rpm) it's kinda loud, nothing terrible and it probably doesn't help that its .1mm from my side panel. (and the power draw is just a little less than a 1080)

EM98xXkillerXx

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
That's insane haha, I actually just received the zotac 1070ti mini from B&H (it was the only gpu at msrp that i could find). If you can get it for around msrp AND you plan on overclocking it to get near 1080 level performance you're actually looking at a very good value proposition. My only complaint about the gpu is that the fans are always on (they still change rpm) it's kinda loud, nothing terrible and it probably doesn't help that its .1mm from my side panel. (and the power draw is just a little less than a 1080)
Great, sounds like a lot of the mods I'll be planning will work then. Yeah I personally won't be giving EVGA my business anymore, this is the second product of theirs that has had problems... Of 2 lol. Hopefully I can get the card by Christmas time or so, so I can have my pc in college again