Gigabyte Aorus X570 & C14S - top panel issue

Dries

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 3, 2019
Hi all,

gathering all the parts, recently saw this post on redit.

anyone experienced the same thing, with the Aorus X570 mobo + Noctua C14S?

Reactions: owliwar

CudB

Chassis Packer
Sep 3, 2019
I remember that post on Reddit. The OP of that post did a follow-up post yesterday in a bigger case and someone else mentions that they got the C14S to fit on the Aorus in the M1. They had to ask Noctua for another bracket that let them switch the orientation of the cooler.

Here's a link to the comment chain.

Dries

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 3, 2019
I remember that post on Reddit. The OP of that post did a follow-up post yesterday in a bigger case and someone else mentions that they got the C14S to fit on the Aorus in the M1. They had to ask Noctua for another bracket that let them switch the orientation of the cooler.

Here's a link to the comment chain.
Thx, you could stick with the 140mm fan then as well

titan253

Cable Smoosher
Sep 3, 2019
Correct, the 140mm fan will work but you need to get a bracket pack from Noctua (they only include the smaller AM3/4 bracket when you buy new) that will rotate it 90 degrees and it will then clear the top panel. Depending on your GPU's backplate it may end up touching the heatpipe tips so keep that in mind

Reactions: hlives

Dries

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 3, 2019
I downloaded frontal images of some motherboards, the center of the socket of the asrock x570 is about 4.5mm lower located. If i measure from the center socket to the top edge of this motherboard i get 63.2mm. i did read on the forum elsewhere that you have about 10mm extra to the top panel.
With the noctua c14s you need 75mm, it will be very much on the edge of possible.
I guess that the other mounting (as above, the vertical) will not be possible on the asrock x570, cooler and GPU backplate are touching each other .
I did check on the Asus B450 & X470 and B450 Asrock (those have all 71mm to the edge of the board),

ShinjiLeery

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2019
i'm waiting for some deals to buy the Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI with a c14s. Is that confirm that it doesn't work with the v6 ?
In this video he used a strix and there's no problem closing the side panel:
What about the rotated bracket pack? do i have to contact noctua directly? i understand it's needed to rotate the cooler so the heatpipes are down versus the GPU instead of the back of the case?

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
I have the V5 and the Aurus X570 with a C14 (not C14S).

I bought this mounting kit and was able to install the cooler with the heatpipes running vertically. The tips do barely touch the backplate on my graphics card.

I have the 140mm fans on top and bottom.

ShinjiLeery

Cable Smoosher
Oct 3, 2019
I see that on amazon too. So with this kit you rotate the cooler with the heatpipes bend or the end are on the GPU side?

i guess the c14s is a little different since i'm sure you can't mount two fans (top and bottom) together

I have the V5 and the Aurus X570 with a C14 (not C14S).

I bought this mounting kit and was able to install the cooler with the heatpipes running vertically. The tips do barely touch the backplate on my graphics card.

I have the 140mm fans on top and bottom.

Epos7

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2019
I see that on amazon too. So with this kit you rotate the cooler with the heatpipes bend or the end are on the GPU side?

i guess the c14s is a little different since i'm sure you can't mount two fans (top and bottom) together

The bend is on the top side, and the ends are on the GPU side.

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
I just noticed that the C14S Cooler is not symmetrical.
Meaning it will need 75mm to the top, when the heatpipe bends point toward the back of the case and 65mm if the bends point towards the front.

This would probably work with the RAM, but would the fan clear the IO shroud / VRM cooler?