CPU I need an AIO that will fit the DanCase A4-H20 when paired with the MSI z690i Unify motherboard

TK503

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 27, 2022
Hello,

I was unlucky enough to buy the Fractal Design S24 AIO pump. A pump that would end up on a recall list due to issues pulling heat away from the CPU allowing dangerous temperatures of over 100c when playing games. This is a huge deal because this 400mm tube length pump which was on the recommended parts list for this case was EXTREMELY difficult to fit due to the physical characteristics of the MSI Z690i Unify mobo. I ended up getting it to fit in the wrong orientation, as its supposed to go under the SFX PSU. I was unable to accomplish this after multiple hours of trying to orient it in several directions.

Well, I learned the EK 240 Basic is very easy to work with with this build, with its 350mm tube length, where its supposed to have the tubes oriented in the 9 o'clock position and go up and to the right like I somehow eventually managed with my S24 . Apparently I forgot my own research when I first built this PC, where I found this pump is not compatible with this case/mobo combo, and would need to orient the tubes at the 6 o'clock position, after getting rid of the M.2 Heatshield. I can't do that, as I am using all 3 M.2 slots as my only storage. What I need to know is if there are any pumps that are not from Fractal Design, that can fit easily with my strict constraints.

Alternatively, I could just throw in the towel and simply get the Cooler Master NR200, but I would prefer not to.

Here is my build. I would prefer to have the AIO oriented just like this if possible.

Recall info if you're interested.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017

One there claiming he got EK AIO in with the 3 o'clock postion.

The other thing you could do is build your own loop with an Eisstation 40 DC-LT Reservoir / DC-LT 2.0 pump combo to keep the cost down.
That way you can have a way better cooling solution that a standard AIO and using any block and radiator you want.

Do you absolutely have to have TB3 onboard? If so then you have to work with what you have.
If no AIO's work, it's custom loop time.

Last edited:

TK503

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 27, 2022

One there claiming he got EK AIO in with the 9 o'clock postion.

The other thing you could do is build your own loop with an Eisstation 40 DC-LT Reservoir / DC-LT 2.0 pump combo to keep the cost down.
That way you can have a way better cooling solution that a standard AIO and using any block and radiator you want.

Do you absolutely have to have TB3 onboard? If so then you have to work with what you have.
If no AIO's work, it's custom loop time.
I was specifically told the EK 240s 90 degree bend from the tube connector is too thick, and physically cannot go in the 9 o'clock position. Do you have any pics of this?

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
No pics, just quoted a thread I spotted in an effort to help you.
If you click on the link, you can clearly see the claim there for yourself.

If you don't even use that TB3 functionality and don't want to build your own solution via a custom loop.
I'm saying this because all you've mentioned is gaming.
Then I'd consider replacing the motherboard with one that has better compatibility for the build you are trying to do.
That MSI board is particularly restrictive in cooler options when it comes to AIO's

You won't have that issue with a custom loop, as you can choose all the components of that yourself.

We live in a world now where SFF enthusiasts are undervolting and power limiting hardware to fit in with their builds.
AMD and Intel are now just in a race where your CPU comes maxed out, out of the box and it's pretty much up to you to do your own power tuning to where you want it, this is especially true in the SFF world.

Being able to do this is just as much a part of the build as selecting components is.

If the AIO you have actually works and your only complaints are gaming temp, change the PPT values before you throw more money at the build for the same result.
I don't believe moving to an AIO where you can use the 9 o'clock position is going to drop temps to where you want them.
Power tuning is the solution here, not particularly changing hardware.

Last edited:

TK503

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 27, 2022
No pics, just quoted a thread I spotted in an effort to help you.
If you click on the link, you can clearly see the claim there for yourself.

If you don't even use that TB3 functionality and don't want to build your own solution via a custom loop.
I'm saying this because all you've mentioned is gaming.
Then I'd consider replacing the motherboard with one that has better compatibility for the build you are trying to do.
That MSI board is particularly restrictive in cooler options when it comes to AIO's

You won't have that issue with a custom loop, as you can choose all the components of that yourself.
Sorry, what is TB3?

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Now if you hadn't worked out how to click on that reddit link here is a paste of what the chap posted

"I have the MSI z690i and used the EK 240MM Basic like a lot of people, the tubes faced towards ram dimms and pushes the left one half a mm but jot issues, everything runs great

If you route tubing and there is excess tubing you need to organize, I routed the lower tube so that it runs along the top of the psu but in front of the psu cable plug and then down on the other side where most of the excess will wlbe. For the upper tube there will probably be more excess but you do the same thing except this time behind the psu plug
"

This means he got the EK AIO working with the tubes in the 3 o'clock postion and described where he routed the tubing.
If you already have the EK AIO, try it. Just be careful as it will push slighlty against the ram.

Other option keeping the hardware you have is build your own custom loop for the CPU

1. I may have been confused here in thinking that you already have an AIO in the case and working and you just aren't happy with the temp?
2. Or it's simply that you don't even have one installed because you can't figure out how?

Reactions: thelaughingman