Enclosure Ghost MK.III Availability

louqefan

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jul 24, 2020
Note: I tried posting on Louqe subreddit but they won't let me!

Hi all,

As I am sure many of you have, I have been patiently waiting for the release of the MK.III in the U.S., and have been following every post/update that Louqe has provided in its social media channels. In the link below you will see a summary of all correspondence between the company and its followers regarding the release date of the arctic white case on Amazon.com. Please note that this list is solely for the US release and not for EU/China. I tried to be thorough as possible and have left out posts which were vague in terms of timing estimates. In summary, the release date has been pushed back 4 times, from "end of Q2" to "beginning of July" to "August" to "late Q3:20" (Which leaves the door to (and I assume) September). I know that there is a global pandemic going on around the world which have disrupted supply chains and lengthened lead times. I also know that Asian manufacturers (especially China and Taiwan where the Ghost S1 is manufactured) are now almost back to full production/output as they have reopened their factories. Furthermore, Louqe noted on 5/26/20 that the MK.III was already loaded onto containerships and on its way to U.S. shores! From China to the U.S. west coast, containerships take 30-40 days to arrive at port.

From these statements, one can deduce the following:

1. The ship is delayed significantly (I doubt this, containerships do run faster or slower based on fuel prices and how much cargo it holds but shipping time has no relation to COVID-19)
  2. Delays at the Amazon warehouse (I also doubt this; Amazon had resumed taking in non-essential items back in April, and any issue with buying merchandise off Amazon is due to lack of product availability, which is not the case for the MK.III as they had already shipped these to the warehouses) ( https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/ama...start-shipping-non-essential-items-again.html )
  3. Other miscellaneous delays, OR
  4. The MK.III didn't actually ship from China/Taiwan as the company noted in May
Constantly revised release dates from the company reflects at best poor communication to its eager customers and at worst intentional deception to deter consumers from purchasing competing products. In fairness to the company, it has provided us with an updated availability frequently, noted that it has done so to strive for increased transparency, and I sincerely believe that statement to be true. However, the constantly changing availability date does bring its credibility into serious disrepute (how can anyone believe that the TG side panels will be released during the 2020 holiday season?) and the company would be better served being more judicious when providing timing guidelines.

The company designs a fantastic product for ITX enthusiasts, and despite the frustrating delays, I will buy (hopefully) the case the first day it is available in the U.S. It is also my wish that the company can be a little more conservative when releasing product availability timing. Statements such as "late Q2:20" or "July" or "Early Q3/2020" are very specific and does nobody good when they are not met. We can't be angry if we don't know the release date! (Nvidia RTX 3080! Hope it is compatible with the case)