Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum -- Any Updates?

JPF_3

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 9, 2018
Does anyone have any information on the status of the SF600 Platinum PSU? Corsair's own press release stated that it would be available in July, but nothing yet. To my knowledge, all pre-orders have now been cancelled, and Amazon removed the product listing for the SF600 altogether. I inquired with Corsair directly, but did not receive a response. I've been waiting on this PSU to complete a build, so the lack of information has been frustrating. Any info would be appreciated -- thanks all.

JPF_3

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 9, 2018
It's available for preorder AGAIN in Amazon.

Whereabouts? When I google it, the amazon page says "currently unavailable". When I search on amazon directly, I can't even find the product listing.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Amazon and Scan in the UK still have it on pre-order. Due date is 31 Aug.

I guess Amazon in the US is holding back the pre-order because the new import tariff will be in effect on 23 August which affects all PC hardware from China. My SF600 Gold is 'made in China' and the Platinum should be no difference. So, it will be interesting to see if the US price will be raised by 25% or not.

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016

So if a person needs a high performance gold rated 650w sfx psu with a 92mm fan ASAP.... Then go with the Silverstone SX650 G.

I agree! It’s $116.13 USD prime shipped on the Zon right now. :cool:

Edit: I too was wondering if all the tariff shenanigans were causing a delay with the new Corsair unit. Interesting. Also the Corsair sf600 Gold is still up for grabs too. But the tweaked fan curve in the platinum is really what I’m interested in if I need that much juice. The sf450 is a beast.

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Edited my post - was supposed to read "SilverStone Has an option in this product bracket!" - my phone glitched on the post!

Reactions: TheHig

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
So if a person needs a high performance gold rated 650w sfx psu with a 92mm fan ASAP.... Then go with the Silverstone SX650 G.

Yes, it is a jolly good idea to consider Silverstone SX650G as an alternative to SF600.

JPF_3

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 9, 2018
Amazon and Scan in the UK still have it on pre-order. Due date is 31 Aug.

I guess Amazon in the US is holding back the pre-order because the new import tariff will be in effect on 23 August which affects all PC hardware from China. My SF600 Gold is 'made in China' and the Platinum should be no difference. So, it will be interesting to see if the US price will be raised by 25% or not.

I'm in Canada, but I understand most NA distributors import through the US, so I have no idea what to expect! I don't know how much longer I can wait for the SF600, so I appreciate the recommendations. Thanks!

atomicus

Trash Compacter
Aug 7, 2018
Yes, it is a jolly good idea to consider Silverstone SX650G as an alternative to SF600.

I did so and returned it as I found it too loud at idle for my tastes. I don't mind my PSU spinning up in games or other heavy usage, but I much prefer the idea that the SF600 Platinum is going to have a PWM fan and be silent at very low power usage. The SX650G has an 'always on' fan which I couldn't get along with personally, so it's something to be mindful of if silence is your goal.