Motherboard Gigabyte B650I AORUS Ultra AM5 ITX - UK warranty

initium

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 14, 2023
A heads up for any wanting to buy this mobo from Newegg or Amazon. These cards are shipped from the USA into the UK directly. As neither company would explain if the warranty extended to the UK I contacted the UK Gigabyte Returns Teams directly. This is their response.

Our warranty is not transferable and not global and stays with the original owner only and must be from our official UK dealers. If the product is from

a USA supplier, we do not provide the warranty service in UK and you will have to contact your USA supplier or our US branch for warranty.

If you want to have RMA service and warranty in UK, you must buy UK products from our UK official dealers.

regards,

Returns Admin Dept

**Update**

Shortly after this response from Gigabyte I contacted them again and pointed out that none of the affiliated online stores they have on their website stock this mobo. They replied almost immediately saying "Our company will look into this.". Not particularly clear what this actually means for the purchasing public, but I hope it prompts Gigabyte to have at least one official outlet to cover RMA and warranty issues in the very near future.

Last edited:

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
This motherboard is just not available in Europe - therefore no warranty and customer service at all.
If you import one - fine - but you cannot expect any service.
If you import a Japanese car that is not available in UK - you also cannot expect any service.

L91

Average Stuffer
Dec 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I get the warranty side of it & shipping the board back to the US via Amazon US shouldn't be too much of a problem. In Gigabyte own words, Amazon UK is an authorised dealer and the board can be directly purchased there, but is imported from US. Sadly, Amazon state no warranty. I'd think you'd be safer buying directly off the Amazon US store in this case.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
For what it's worth, I had one that I ordered from Amazon AU and had to return it through their standard process, as it was faulty. But that process was actually rather seamless. Though that could be because it was within their early returns window?

Either way, I decided I'd pay 20% more ($529aud vs $438aud) to get it locally for the sake of troubleshooting / service / returns ease and to support a local business.