Discussion Getting up to speed

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Hey all,

In the middle of cleaning up boxes of SFF hardware that have been sitting in storage for the past 2+ years and the nostalgia started to hit me pretty hard so I thought I'd pop on the forums. Just thought I'd say hi and ask the community what the coolest SFF stuff is currently because I don't have the time to pour over pages of forum content.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hey all,

In the middle of cleaning up boxes of SFF hardware that have been sitting in storage for the past 2+ years and the nostalgia started to hit me pretty hard so I thought I'd pop on the forums. Just thought I'd say hi and ask the community what the coolest SFF stuff is currently because I don't have the time to pour over pages of forum content.

Hello there.

IMO probably Dan C4, Apple Mac Mini & Studio, and the NFC S4 stuffed to the max by Petricor.

Dynamo 360 is also still pretty cool for those who want one :)

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Hey all,

I thought I banned you...

Just kidding, welcome back!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Hey all,

In the middle of cleaning up boxes of SFF hardware that have been sitting in storage for the past 2+ years and the nostalgia started to hit me pretty hard so I thought I'd pop on the forums. Just thought I'd say hi

Welcome back !

and ask the community what the coolest SFF stuff is currently because I don't have the time to pour over pages of forum content.

I'd say Dan C4 and the new GaN HDPLEX units.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah. I think the new 250w GAN HDPlex is going to inspire me to pick up my old S4-Mini Classic build if it fits.

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
sadly power usage has only been going UP for PC parts... in my opinion, nothing really groundbreaking has happened in SFF since Deskmini GTX/RX (R.I.P).

GaN mentioned above might be the only technical advancement for SFF recently...

(aside from apple's ARM chips, which are an incredible leap for SFF... but not DIY friendly)

Reactions: confusis

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Asrock Rack has made a new motherboard form factor called Deep-ITX.
Of relevance, there's a B550, a Z690 and an EYPC board so far.

Also Nvidia came up with the A2000 low profile GPU card. It's between the 3050 and the 3060 for performace. It's currently the best low profile GPU that exists. Would be nice if they made a consumer version which wasn't stupidly expensive.

Reactions: confusis