confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
This review has been supplied by forum member Bledha! We thank him for this excellent read. If a community member wishes to produce front page content, please message Confusis (John) on the forum for more information!

With all the options on the market today covering everything from artisanal combed and expensive custom cables to shrink-tube wrapped dollar menu type items from big international e-tailers – it can be difficult when searching for the ever elusive middle ground. While stuck deep in that search, modDIY continued popping up around the web, and so with a color palate selected from some of their other menu items, a custom batch of cables was purchased for a relatively smaller tower-style build.

Read more here.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's good that these options exist, especially in SFF cases where excess cable is a problem all too often. I bought a lot of the required stuff needed to do sleeving and I'll be sleeving the next ten years with the amount I have, but it's also therapeutic or frustrating depending on how well I did it. These cable kits offer a frustration free experience I reckon.

McDanger

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2017
Just got myself custom cables from Aliexpress for my SF450. 9 Dollars including shipping (custom ATX). Definitely worth checking

Last edited:

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
Have you ever met such ready-made cables for sale? I'm still unlucky with the search.

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
That link is for the 24pin cable only. Its another $7.50 for each of the other cables, making the total kit around $25 shipped... Which is still a great deal. However some of the reviews are not good and I cannot translate the reviews :(

Am I missing something? How did you get the whole kit for $9?

edit: my prices above were wrong, according to the US (global) Aliexpress site the kit would be about $40 shipped...

Last edited:

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
I’ve purchased multiple kits from ModDIY. The best part about them is that if you open up chat, they’re willing to do ANYTHING that you want, including hunt for the small, and more unique/boutique/bespoke connectors! For example, I built a S4 Mini build with a Z270 ITX board and GTX 1060–powered by the little HDPlex with very proprietary connectors. I simply specified exactly the connectors and showed them diagrams of what I was looking for... and they made the cables!

I’m currently in the process of building a Threadripper workstation to replace my now aging little 2013 Mac Pro “trashcan” workstation, and I came back to ModDIY with a request to build cable extensions (for cable “straightness” which will then mate to a special kit made for my Seasonic Platinum 660W PSU. That way I get the optimal “look” going. The only cable that I wasn’t able to have them make for me is a U.2 cable—but I’m unsure as to whether or not I’ll even be using a U.2 cable for a data storage disk, as M.2 is easier to deal with.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I’ve purchased multiple kits from modDIY. The best part about them is that if you open up chat, they’re willing to do ANYTHING that you want, including hunt for the small, and more unique/boutique/bespoke connectors!

I hope this post is still fresh enough so my necro reply here does not totally reek, but I will be reaching out tomorrow to modDIY and checking to see if they can figure out the cable work for my Enermax Revolution SFX. As it is, finding custom cables for Enermax's SFX power supplies is a proverbial dodo hunt. Currently, I have tried about a half dozen or so US-based modders and none of them build custom cables for my Enermax. At any rate, if all goes well at modDIY, I will reply here so others with the Enermax Revolution SFX can pull up my discovery in their search engine results.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Great news so far! They have told me an absolute yes for building custom cables for the Enermax Revolution SFX power supply. I just sent them an custom order request and will be hearing back from them soon with a quote.

Last edited: