LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I want a new model of banhammer ....

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
I want a new model of banhammer ....

Huh, you see, the thing is: I actually DO need a took set.
I wonder if that will fit the bill.
==
So, in other news, does anybody think Via will ever try and sell consumer CPUs outside China?
There's always talk about AMD vs Intel and it's heated up recently with how well Zen is doing and how AMD has forced Intel to be reactive rather than proactive, but everyone forgets there exists a THIRD company with the proper licenses.

A couple years back they said they were aiming to be competitive with AMD's products by next year (though it was vague as to if that was AMD in 2019 or AMD when the announcement was made). it's a venture to reduce China's dependence on foreign goods by having a home grown design for sale there, but imagine the upset that could cause if it was also made for export.

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Huh, you see, the thing is: I actually DO need a took set.
I wonder if that will fit the bill.
==
So, in other news, does anybody think Via will ever try and sell consumer CPUs outside China?
There's always talk about AMD vs Intel and it's heated up recently with how well Zen is doing and how AMD has forced Intel to be reactive rather than proactive, but everyone forgets there exists a THIRD company with the proper licenses.

A couple years back they said they were aiming to be competitive with AMD's products by next year (though it was vague as to if that was AMD in 2019 or AMD when the announcement was made). it's a venture to reduce China's dependence on foreign goods by having a home grown design for sale there, but imagine the upset that could cause if it was also made for export.
Very interesting, I hadn't realised that. I wonder how their chips perform

Reactions: AleksandarK

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Well I don't have many posts but I've been lurking on this forum since its inception. I am also more cautious when getting offers from users with hardly any posts. Recently I had a new user offer me something and when I eventually asked for pictures he/she just stopped replying and eventually deleted their profile :p.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I don’t mind them selling, but yeah I’m always terrified of them new buyers in any online platform.

Edit: or ever having a deal with this guy: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/h-ncase-m1-black-brand-new-w-paypal.7830/

Gets the same product twice from seller and sells the spare one for a profit instead of returning it.
Looks like he did try to have it sent back, though depending on locale there may be laws requiring it to be forwarded to the proper address first. I digress.

Be weary, don't accept any offers that you feel uncomfortable with

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Gigabyte really makes their boards Ultra Durable(tm) if one of their 790X boards can run the Elysium colony over 100 years in the future..

Props to whoever posted this and identified the board model ID and the rebranded Phenom processor (AMD stock must be really good in those times!)

Last edited:

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Last night in my DeskMini, my 7700 was idling at 54 bloody degrees with the fan profile set to performance. Early this morning, I promptly removed the treacherous Intel box cooler and 360 front flip dunked it into the trash. Hopefully tomorrow Noctua will be able to save the day. Whose idea at Intel was it to remove the copper cores from the stock coolers? They're literally just flimsy pieces of aluminum with a fan attached now.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Shapeways updated their list of materials and dropped a few others. I'm surprised and kind of upset that they don't offer the basic stuff like PLA plastic anymore :mad: Was gonna try out making cheaper prototype parts with it. Well, off to 3D Hubs then...

Reactions: Biowarejak