General Chat Thread

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
This just makes me remember the Interior Semiotics video that went viral a couple of years ago. Ffffffuuuuuu : (

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Two colleagues left the job this month, so what turned out to be a "eh I could use a bit of off-the-chair work" became a proper job.
Gonna have to seriously consider doing the 3D stuff at the shop :confused: Otherwise I have no other way to be ready for any kind of admissions

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

onlyabloke

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 22, 2016
pcpartpicker.com
Hello, fellas.

Long time no check in.

Still no PC thanks to money saving and whatnot, but I did update my MBP.

Removed the Optical Drive to use a Data Doubler. Two 250GB SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration. 16GB RAM Set is on the way and should be here on Tuesday. Originally did this in a 2011 MBP (pictured) and I ended up not liking the laptop itself so I switched everything over to my 2010 MBP to use daily.

So yeah. Hello again.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Last edited:

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Looks like one of Alienware's designers jumped ship to Corsair or something :p http://www.anandtech.com/show/11105/corsair-one-pc-announced
To be fair, that's a little more towards a Tron aesthetic than Alienware's usual table-lamp-wrapped-in-tinfoil aesthetic.
Did they seriously try to cool dual GPUs and a CPU (X99, so potentailly up to 140W, but could be a low power Xeon) with a single 120mm rad??
WC radiators are, like power supplies, perennially overspecced.

Reactions: LocoMoto

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
This sounds like a stupid question, but how are most of you case designers adding an infinite "surface" for your products to stand on in your 3D renders?

I'm using Sketchup with the free SkInidigo renderer. The only complaint I have is that all the things I render look like they're floating in the middle. I'd like to have an infinite plane surface so it looks more realistic, and shadows cast by the item. Other than modeling a huge surface plane yourself, other suggestions?

Reactions: LocoMoto

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Know you asked for other solutions so I apologize but, why not just make a rectangle and spam the 9s into the dimensions?