General Chat Thread

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
That would be lovely yes. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Chokes seam to be pretty low profile, but I can't tell until I receive the board.
You SHOULD be fine. Much of that corner of the motherboard has a height restriction to allow for heatpipes of a low-profile blower cooler.
Of course, that's not a guarantee, sometimes manufacturers do make out of spec stuff.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
So I found out that Silverstone has this board (ECP01) that adapts Molex to a 12V 5A plug (with overvolt protection and all), and was wondering if I could get a simple cable instead. Is it safe to power a display straight from a PC's PSU? Looking to power a screen controller board with it.

EDIT: wording. Pleh

I'm just a savage so I chopped the adapter cable that with the screen controller board and then spliced it into a spare molex extender. Hooked it up to my SF450 PSU and no issues. It has been working without incident for 6+ months.

Deployment Box

No shot of the splice but there were only two wires and it was super easy.

If I would have known there was an adapter like that I would have picked one up, in retrospect (not that I will ever need to plug it into a wall again).

Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
That adapter's a new release though. Not sure when it'll hit amazon or the stores. I'll have a look at them again once they do

Not sure it I should commit to my current salvaged 15" 1280x800 panel, or get a higher resolution 15" panel though. I'm thinking of using that as the primary monitor (but not for main/colour work, I'll be using a seperate monitor for that)

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Eh, I personally would get at least 1920x1080. I picked up a new panel off amazon for $80 -- they aren't that expensive. Make sure you figure out how you;ll mount your screen before you order it.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Eh, I personally would get at least 1920x1080. I picked up a new panel off amazon for $80 -- they aren't that expensive. Make sure you figure out how you'll mount your screen before you order it.

Yeah definitely. I'm thinking of just making it a flat board (with the controller on it), and cabling about a meter straight to the PC. I'll get this part going after getting my next PC. Which seller did you get your display from? o_o

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
I was browsing my sketchup library today and I realise I met @Aibohphobia way before I notice sff.net:

Pretty crazy XD good thing I did gave credits!

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

Man, this keyset is looking so damn good, I'm really contemplating whether to buy it when it's released, but with all the keys I need/want, it's probably going to cost a hundred bucks or more. :(

Reactions: jØrd

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Wow! I didn't know that it was called that.
When I saw it, a dim lightbulb lit up and the words Mother and Keyboard appeared in my head.
Followed by something tall & black scuttling past in the shadows...