Geeek a60 plus v2.0 custom panel

xolotl96

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
I got this case a few days ago and I have to say that the quality is really not bad and all the important bits are made of steel or aluminium extrusions, so it is also quite rigid. I will post a mini review when my cpu gets here.
The worst part of the case are the clear acrylic side panels, which I guess will deteriorate very visibly in a short period of time.
This design is my way of increasing the ventilation and changing the material.
Carbon fiber would be the best option, but I cannot seem to find big enough sheets on amazon italy and aluminium seems a much easier route.
I think I will have this custom cut yet again in acrylic beforehand in order to check the measurements.
I thought about sharing it with this community so if someone happens to own both this case and a laser cutter can use my design.
I based it on the original panel, the screw holes are in the same size and the same place, the ventilation is almost double and the hexagons are regular polygons instead of elungated.

Here is a link to a folder containing stl, step and f3d files and also a dxf of the design.
link

I hope you will find this useful!
Have a nice day

Reactions: eedev

Jappu

Case Bender
New User
Mar 19, 2020
I actually designed side panels for my A50 but never got around to cutting them because of some virus.
I heard the honeycomb pattern introduces turbulence or something that doesn't help the airflow, so I went for the Mjolnir type cuts, which I preferred aesthetically anyways.

RobnDub

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
I thought that the honeycomb pattern was the best pattern for airflow, but I can't remember where I have heard that. Anyway I agree that the Mjolnir pattern looks great for side panels.

xolotl96

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't got around to cutting the design, but I also designed a version with similar pattern to the mjolnir, but I am skeptical about how it will look next to the top panel, which is honeycomb. As for the best pattern for airflow, I haven't done much reading about it, my main goal was to add more cutouts and to use a material more premium than acrylic