Game shortcut doesn't have "Properties" tab

Bean Nuts

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
Backstory: I like making all of my app icons consistent. So, that's what I did with "Age of Empires II Definitive Edition" as well. All of the other apps wouldn't change their set custom icon when put into taskbar, but for some strange reason, this game does. When I want to manually change the icon again for the taskbar, there is no "Properties Tab" like all of the other apps on the taskbar. This game isn't cracker, bought it with my own money on the windows app store. Please help me change the icon

Thank you

aromachi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 18, 2019
Backstory: I like making all of my app icons consistent. So, that's what I did with "Age of Empires II Definitive Edition" as well. All of the other apps wouldn't change their set custom icon when put into taskbar, but for some strange reason, this game does. When I want to manually change the icon again for the taskbar, there is no "Properties Tab" like all of the other apps on the taskbar. This game isn't cracker, bought it with my own money on the windows app store. Please help me change the icon

Thank you
Find where AoE2DE_s.exe is installed (run a search?), right-click drag the executable to your desktop and create shortcut. You should be able to access right click properties from that shortcut.

Why are you purchasing games through the app store? Get Steam.

Reactions: Bean Nuts