jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
Original poster
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
So i finally built a replacement for the behemoth that ive been running for far too long now. I snapped a few shots along the way so mini log. Click for big

Obligatory glamor shot:

Mobo, RAM & CPU in:

Cooler in & some cables done. I ended up pulling the push-pull config because it fouled the frame for the optical & 2.5" bay, it would also foul the 3.5" bay if i used it. This config would work if you only intend to use a single 2.5" drive though:

The GTX 950 I won in the SFFn contest a while back. This is the thing that kicked off this whole build:

PSU & more cables in. I had to flip the PSU later, again to clear the optical/2.5" bay

Optical/2.5" bracket in, does a great job of hiding the mess of cables under it:

Top of the case, just need to install the card retention bracket:

This case makes alot of compromises to look the way it does but overall im happy with it. In future i may well make some custom cables to clean up the insides some & if i had a single fat SSD instead of an SSD & HDD (or a mobo w/ m.2 slot) then i could run a push-pull config.

from this:

To this:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Welcome to the world of having a SFF system.. I've only been nagging you since the LOSIAS days about it.. bahaha

Which distro will you be running?

jØrd

Original poster
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
lol, There are two raspberry pi's, a domino pi, a BBB & a picoITX (that died because Via) small enough? Also had a nanoITX before it died (again, because Via) and an mDTX (that used to be yours, iirc) although i need to find a smaller case for that one some time. Splitting hairs a little but the 1u is short depth mITX and under 5 liters, the 3u is also mATX depth so whilst its not "small" its not exactly huge for a box that can fit up to 14 3.5" drives. Also, to try and redeem myself a little for the Xigmatec, same board in an Antec 300 :D

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Very nice, I'm partial to the FT03 Mini, I was this close (3mm depicted with fingers) to getting one not so long ago. Your electricity bill will probably also drop the same amount the case volume did !

jØrd

Original poster
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Very nice, I'm partial to the FT03 Mini, I was this close (3mm depicted with fingers) to getting one not so long ago. Your electricity bill will probably also drop the same amount the case volume did !

Thanks, I will have to open it up again in the not too distant future so will try to clean up cables some and get a few internal shots. Its a really nice case to look at but depending on your hardware it may or may not make the right compromises for your use case.

Yes really nice case this ft03, very good choice!

thanks!

Next piece to this puzzle is at my home lolol. Will send it to you once I'm back on track.

Welcome back among the Archlinux users too.

Sweet, no rush, i havnt gotten around to deconstructing the hardware to send your way yet.

Thanks!