Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Just curious if the Asetek 645lt would fit? Mainly asking since I already have it and I could just use it. I’ve looked through the thread as well at the testing for cpu water cooling. Do you recommend we build our own 240/120 AIO, or just buy the Corsair H55?

The 645LT will fit, but you will have to use double sided tape to secure it, b/c we didn't make fan brackets for 92mm mounting.

The Corsair H60 2018 is what I'm testing now on my 9900K, it's accessible for a lot of people.

I'm waiting to get the EK-AIO 120 D-RGB , the pump on the EK is based on the SPC pump, which *should be significantly better than the Alphacool DC-LT and the Asetek/Corsair/NZXT/all other brands pump. If the EK is a game changer, will let you guys know.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
The 645LT will fit, but you will have to use double sided tape to secure it, b/c we didn't make fan brackets for 92mm mounting.

The Corsair H60 2018 is what I'm testing now on my 9900K, it's accessible for a lot of people.

I'm waiting to get the EK-AIO 120 D-RGB , the pump on the EK is based on the SPC pump, which *should be significantly better than the Alphacool DC-LT and the Asetek/Corsair/NZXT/all other brands pump. If the EK is a game changer, will let you guys know.

I didn't see much mention of the pump specs on their page, have you seen a review somewhere breaking it down?

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
@Wahaha360 do you think this rad would fit the case? There are no reviews on the crossflow but I'm hoping if it fits (only 20mm thick, full copper and brass core) then I'd be able to use the other two holes as fill ports. Also have an Eisbaer 240 en route and thinking of doing some thermal testing with the alphacool vs tx series rad.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
@Wahaha360 do you think this rad would fit the case? There are no reviews on the crossflow but I'm hoping if it fits (only 20mm thick, full copper and brass core) then I'd be able to use the other two holes as fill ports. Also have an Eisbaer 240 en route and thinking of doing some thermal testing with the alphacool vs tx series rad.

It won’t fit because it’s 124.2mm wide. Maximum width is 120mm.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Check first post under “old stuff”.

I already tested this radiator against LT240, it’s not better, so I didn’t bother supporting it in the final design.

Last edited:
Reactions: ApocPony

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

In addition to the above, I bet the cross flow version is too long as well (additional end tank), also I run one in my ghost

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

So if you have the lt240, keep the rad, ditch the tubes and the pump block if the EK is better?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So if you have the lt240, keep the rad, ditch the tubes and the pump block if the EK is better?

I don’t think EK AIO can come apart like the LT240, so LT240 wins on modularity.

I can 3D print or machine custom fittings for my own EK AIO pump to LT240 radiator builds, but this is not user friendly or cost effective, so I literally recommend it to no one.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I don’t think EK AIO can come apart like the LT240, so LT240 wins on modularity.

I can 3D print or machine custom fittings for my own EK AIO pump to LT240 radiator builds, but this is not user friendly or cost effective, so I literally recommend it to no one.

Lol

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

The specs on the EK website show the AIO radiator is aluminum. I was hoping copper, but hopefully it’s better than the Corsair.

Last edited:

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Too much my plate atm, so not in the plans.

Figured as much.

Don't suppose you have the specs on the panels you're using for the T1? As in the hole sizing, spacing, and thickness? I've been looking around for similar plain perforated sheet metals on eBay but I can't find anything quite right. Either holes are too big or the mesh is too fine.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Figured as much.

Don't suppose you have the specs on the panels you're using for the T1? As in the hole sizing, spacing, and thickness? I've been looking around for similar plain perforated sheet metals on eBay but I can't find anything quite right. Either holes are too big or the mesh is too fine.

The mesh is custom, 1.1mm diameter vents with 1.8mm spacing on 1mm metal.

You are not going to find T1 mesh on the market, because this spec make it very expensive, even more than aluminum + anodizing, for economic reasons, most factories will not make it.

You can make mesh *economically in 2 ways:
1) chemical process (<0.5mm thick steel)
2) punching (holes diameter 1.5x thickness)

You want be ~ 1mm diameter holes for dust filtering purpose. T1's 1.1mm holes on 1mm thick steel requires 1) custom metal, 2) custom tooling and 3) custom oil lubricant.

If you are missing any of the 3 ingredients list above, you will get a panel that is severely warped, surface damaged beyond recognition or use 0.7mm thick metal, which will have stiffness / flex issues. I know because we tried and failed many times.

Afiak, there is no mesh on the market with similar combination of:
1) vent hole diameter vs thickness ratio
2) ventilation density vs. surface area ratio (without having to emboss to add strength)
3) over strength & flex

How feesible would it be to get NCase side panels using that same style of metal mesh?

Too much my plate atm, so not in the plans.

This is also why making it for the M1 is more complicated.

The surface area of M1 Side Panel is more than T1 Side Panel. Once you increase surface area, you will get more Flex on the Mesh Side Panel, which you will need to compensate by either 1) emboss / flanging, 2) changing mesh spec or combination of both.

I just don't have time to do it right atm.

Last edited: