Advice Formd T1 Custom Loop Advice

saro

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Mar 31, 2021
Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right place and not breaking any rules. I finally managed to purchase a T1. While it's being shipped I wanted to buy all the parts I need for a custom loop. Since this is my first time making a custom loop I thought I'd ask you guys for some advice.

My system specs are:
  • EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
  • Ryzen 3900XT
  • Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX
  • WD Black M.2 SSD
  • 2x 16GB Corsair LPX RAM
I'm cooling both my CPU and GPU, my parts list (So far) is:

• XSPC TX240 Rad (Fan recommendations would be sweet, otherwise I'm getting 2 Noctua A12x25s)
  • EK Quantum Vector XC3 3080 Active Backplate
  • EK-Quantum Vector XC3 3080 Nickel + Acetal GPU Block
  • EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB - AMD Nickel + Acetal CPU Block
  • EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15.9/9/5mm
  • Alphacool DC-LT 2600 & Alphacool Eisstation DC-LT 40 Pump
Which brand/type of fittings do you guys recommend? And how many of each fitting should I buy? I've been doing research on my end but I wanted to make sure I got everything I need. And if you have any recommendations/changes please let me know! Trying to learn as much as I can. 😄

Thanks!

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
Hey mate! Something important !!

The case will not allow 25mm fans with TX240 unless you sand the fans down to 22mm and I'd advise you not to do it because sanding (plastic dust) can damage the fans.

I wish I could help you more but it was my 1st watercooling loop so I'm not the best to give advice here...you can check my build thread I have tried a lot of things but please also check @fabio @Goatee @thelaughingman @jouz and also on Reddit you can stalk u/Zabeni and u/wispy-matt

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
My system specs are:
I'd recommend getting a Aquacomputer Quadro, temp sensor fitting and flow sensor to properly control your loop. If you control the fans only with CPU temps - Zen 2 boost behaviour will make the fans ramping up & down constantly.

XSPC TX240 Rad (Fan recommendations would be sweet, otherwise I'm getting 2 Noctua A12x25s)
Personally I had my A12x15 sanded down to fit in the case with 30mm thick rad and I've only seen 1 other guy who sanded down his A12x25s to fit with TX240 in the case. IIRC he had to sanded down the backside of the fan - too risky for my taste cause if you're not careful you'll damage the hub.

Which brand/type of fittings do you guys recommend? And how many of each fitting should I buy?
In my build I used Alphacool TPV straight & 90 degrees as the 12.7/7.6 size is specific to Alphacool. For other adapters I've used Bitspower, Barrow, Koolance.
  • Bitspower fitting has the best quality for sure - very shiny finish, thick O-rings, but expensive.
  • Barrow fitting is about 80% the quality of Bitspower but price is only half - the finish not as good visually during close examination but the same from a distance. But 1 negative is that the rotary part is very stiff so you'll need to apply some force to have the angle just right.
  • For Koolance I only use the Elbow 90-degree - you cannot have enough of these little things, they are perfect for SFF loop
I like the visual design of EK Quantum Torque fittings but beware of their dimensions - width, installed height, etc. as they are more bulky than the traditional design (Bitspower / Barrow). As for quantity, figure out the minimum that you need in each categories - straight, adapter (90 / 45 / dual 45 degree, etc.) then add 2-3 more to each for safe margin. Even as you plan the loop so thoroughly in your head / on paper / in CAD, something will inevitably catches you out during live build and you would not want to be 1-2 fitting short.

Last edited: