Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So is discord where all of the communication is happening now? First it was here, then reddit, then ????. I don't have time to keep up with all of this.
Discord is where all the info can come quick, and you can talk directly to W360.
I constantly update the Reddit FAQ with info as it comes out in the discord, which is where most of those questions with the bold italics are coming from. I take the questions from the FAQ, and put them into a Discord bot.
Here is probably where more official and confirmed updates will happen.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Discord is where all the info can come quick, and you can talk directly to W360.
I constantly update the Reddit FAQ with info as it comes out in the discord, which is where most of those questions with the bold italics are coming from. I take the questions from the FAQ, and put them into a Discord bot.
Here is probably where more official and confirmed updates will happen.
I ordered a black SW earlier in the week with my interest check/priority. I wanted titanium, but with all the talk of the unknown timeframe on that, I decided to switch to black. Then I randomly checked the website again last night and saw all of the options listed, so contacted support and had my order changed back to titanium.

My head is spinning with the constant updates!

@Wahaha360, I'm also interested in buying the vertical stand. I'm aware that is coming along later on. However, I've noticed this on the webpage for the stand:

"This SKU cannot ship individually and must be combined with a T1 case to buy."

Will we still be able to buy it if we get our case first?

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm also interested in buying the vertical stand. I'm aware that is coming along later on. However, I've noticed this on the webpage for the stand:

He said yes to that question when it was asked on discord.

Which brings me to the other reason for the discord, more direct questions. There's a few people there that monitor everything W360 says (like me, DrHud, and Scott) so if people have the same question, we can answer it with info from W360.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Per W360, the vert stand sample was due last week, so it is a matter of time.

Depending on the SKU you have on order,it's very possible the stand will be ready in which case it can be added to your order.

Last edited:

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
He said yes to that question when it was asked on discord.

Which brings me to the other reason for the discord, more direct questions. There's a few people there that monitor everything W360 says (like me, DrHud, and Scott) so if people have the same question, we can answer it with info from W360.
Thanks Navic/DrHud/Scott for keeping us updated. Navic in particular, you've been doing a tonne of work to keep everyone informed about this project. I hope you're getting paid for doing this!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks Navic/DrHud/Scott for keeping us updated. Navic in particular, you've been doing a tonne of work to keep everyone informed about this project. I hope you're getting paid for doing this!
In a way I am. W360's gonna send me a free case as thanks. But I mostly do it because I know how frustrating it is to not get answers to your questions, so I try to do the best I can and help people that don't want to look through everything.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
@Wahaha360 can you guarantee that the duo tone panels, the top panel with removable mesh for the reference case and aluminum mesh panels will be made and sold for the reference case?

I'm asking because the aluminum mesh was promised for the 1.1 as well and was never sold.

I would need to be sure before buying.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Two new updates for all of you!

First update, 4/15/2022: To those with an IC: You can order up to two cases now, instead of just one. If you have one or two orders, you are fine.

In other words, you can have 1 order with up to 2 cases in it, or 2 orders with 1 case per order.

Second update, 4/15/2022: T1 v2.0 orders for everyone will open again at 04/17/2022 8pm PT, same time as the last public drop.
To offer T1 v2.0 at the best value for customers and reduce scalping, we plan to keep the lower (cheaper) IC price available to the general public for as long as possible.

Reactions: AP2 and DrHudacris

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Could we expect to see an e-white this year, or is it unlikely? What other color options other than black and titanium might be available for v2.0 in the future? BTW I do love both black and titanium; nothing wrong with them.

Reactions: Mao_Setzer

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Could we expect to see an e-white this year, or is it unlikely? What other color options other than black and titanium might be available for v2.0 in the future? BTW I do love both black and titanium; nothing wrong with them.
Black is for sure happening, same thing with Titanium. E-white is still iffy, but is a priority for them. No other colors have been announced.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2022-04-16 Update: T1 V2 drops again on 2022-04-17 at 8PM Pacific Time! T1 V2 Early Access will close on 2022-04-17 at 7PM Pacific Time!​

To offer T1 V2 at the best value for customers and reduce scalping, we plan to keep the lower (cheaper) IC price available to the general public for as long as possible.

In the future, we plan to offer weekly drops. We are currently testing different time zones and days to see what works the best for our fans worldwide. Once we settle on a reoccurring time, we will make an announcement.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'm trying to order but would like some feedback @Wahaha360
1. The reference kit has no option for aluminum mesh which is what I want.
(Has to be a mistake since it's there for the sandwich case?)
2. Will the gpu top panel have the open gap like shown in the teasers?
3. What kind of material is the vertical stand made of? Aluminum?
4. Can I wait and only use my early access once duo tone with aluminum mesh panels and open top panel is available? Because that's the config I want.
1. We don't have enough aluminum mesh, it's very difficult to make, so we can't offer it for the REF.
2. No to big open gap
3. Aluminum
4. Just wait if you are not in a rush

Reactions: PKAWA and sfu11

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 So, due to job changes, I could no longer wait for V2 and ended up buying a gaming laptop instead. Does my priority status go to waste, or can I still use it on future FormD products? I filled out the interest check last year.

We can't roll it over because we don't want to have outstanding promises with no end in sight. It is also more work to keep track.

@Wahaha360 - I got second early access invitation. As I mentioned, I have interest in buying the case, but under the conditions of IC and not under the current, being in Europe.
I want to repeat my question from above - IF you actually get stock to Europe, will you send another invitation to the people marked "Ship from Europe" on the IC with the ICed product?

Why don't you actually ship it now to Europe, just prepaid VAT and Import?

We don't have the resources to execute our EU plan atm.

So is discord where all of the communication is happening now? First it was here, then reddit, then ????. I don't have time to keep up with all of this.

Discord will be first going forward. Reddit and SFFN are equal, at a slower pace to manage congestion.

Mostly because Discord has *an automated response bot to answer repeat questions. We also have moderation control. SFFN and forums, in general, don't have the same tools for managing discussions.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
1. We don't have enough aluminum mesh, it's very difficult to make, so we can't offer it for the REF.

Is this only an issue for the initial release? I'd like to order the Titanium T1 Ref with titanium aluminium mesh panels, but I'm not in a rush, so if this will be an option later then I'd prefer to wait.

I also don't mind ordering the T1 Reference now with the black steel mesh, if I know I'll be able to purchase aluminium titanium panels later. I want the mesh in a matching titanium more than wanting it specifically in aluminium. I just figured that a colour match will be almost impossible if the steel mesh is just painted in a titanium colour.

Currently a checkout problem on the the store is preventing me from purchasing anyway (I've send an email to support@formdworks.com with the details)

Also, a recommendation for the red banner on https://formdworks.com/ :
Either change the Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FormD/ to a hyperlink, or change it from all caps so that it can be copied and pasted. Reddit doesn't seem to like the /R/FORMD/ in capital letters for some reason.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
2. No to big open gap
3. Aluminum
4. Just wait if you are not in a rush

Okay thanks for getting back to me with some info.
Guess it's back to waiting again.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
probably a dumb question but i don't have the case yet but i'm building something for it so i'd like to clarify.

when looking at the case from the front it is 13.5cm wide, 22cm tall, and 33.5cm deep like so

Reactions: DrHudacris

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Just a general reminder:
IC orders should close 3 hours from the time of this post.
The next public drop should be 4 hours from the time of this post.