Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
I also got the K1M pump and I was able to use it with the DDC pump top that came with EK DDC 4.2. From what I can tell it was also used here with the Iceman external pump/res. I can’t speak to Magiccube but for my case and what it looks like for the Iceman pump/res as well you just need to screw it in with portions of the screws visible outside. For me I screwed in too hard and broke the four "wings" at the edge of K1M. So I just inserted some thermal pads between the back of the core of K1M and the outer pump housing so that the housing pushes it in when it’s screwed onto the pump top. I hooked it up to a loop and it did not leak. Let me know if anything is unclear. I understand it’s janky for sure.
TBH I have no idea how you did that... DDC pumps are standardized in size, and the opening on the DDC tops is substantially smaller than what's required for the K1M- which pretty much extends all the way to the edge of the square. The DDC pumps leave like a centimeter of space from the edge. You can see my pictures here:

So bad news... I got the K1M and Magiccube, they are not compatible:

😢 The pump body is much larger than the opening on the Magic Cube.

Also, found this post, wish I'd Googled for it before buying.
Unless you physically cut out the top to expand the hole where the pump goes, I don't get how you utilize them together. Bitspower themselves told me it's only for use with their O11 distroplates.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
TBH I have no idea how you did that... DDC pumps are standardized in size, and the opening on the DDC tops is substantially smaller than what's required for the K1M- which pretty much extends all the way to the edge of the square. The DDC pumps leave like a centimeter of space from the edge. You can see my pictures here:

Unless you physically cut out the top to expand the hole where the pump goes, I don't get how you utilize them together. Bitspower themselves told me it's only for use with their O11 distroplates.
What @stanleyguan is starting to make sense...looking at the o-ring ok the K1m, that's what provides the water tight seal (even on DDC). The impeller will still sit inside the cavity in the pump top. Imagine a DDC with the housing cut away to expose the screw shafts, and you get the K1m (different impellers not withstanding).

Reactions: stanleyguan

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
What @stanleyguan is starting to make sense...looking at the o-ring ok the K1m, that's what provides the water tight seal (even on DDC). The impeller will still sit inside the cavity in the pump top. Imagine a DDC with the housing cut away to expose the screw shafts, and you get the K1m (different impellers not withstanding).
I see what you mean, but that's a lot of trust in just that O Ring. Also, it will take up far more space than a DDC pump would since it sticks out an extra centimeter- not exactly the neat and tidy solution I'm looking for here 😅 but if people want to do it that way, more power to them.

It'd be cool if Bitspower or someone else made a Magic-cube style top for the K1M, or just... y'know, a DDC pump that runs on a 1amp header.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
I see what you mean, but that's a lot of trust in just that O Ring. Also, it will take up far more space than a DDC pump would since it sticks out an extra centimeter- not exactly the neat and tidy solution I'm looking for here 😅 but if people want to do it that way, more power to them.

It'd be cool if Bitspower or someone else made a Magic-cube style top for the K1M, or just... y'know, a DDC pump that runs on a 1amp header.
You're putting the exact same trust in a ddc pumps o ring as you are with the k1m. that's the only thing that keeps the coolant in. You've seen how coolant creeps between flush surfaces on gpu blocks? That would happen with a ddc if the o ring wasn't sufficient. So I'd say the are identical, just look a little different.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
You're putting the exact same trust in a ddc pumps o ring as you are with the k1m. that's the only thing that keeps the coolant in. You've seen how coolant creeps between flush surfaces on gpu blocks? That would happen with a ddc if the o ring wasn't sufficient. So I'd say the are identical, just look a little different.
Well it would look different (jankier) and take up more space- it'd be about a centimeter thicker than a DDC pump would be. I say that not to discourage anyone from doing it, but just to be aware there is a space cost to doing so.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Check the Jimu infographic & compare the two. Wahaha's update next week better be a good one though because I'm this close to buying that instead.
It looks like the D+ is half a liter bigger, but allows more flexibility.

You can even add two rads in the D+ or 4 sets of case fans.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Barrow Mini PWM Pump Variable Speed 10W DDC? I can't find any information/reviews/videos about it. Hard to get a good sense of its size, and it looks like it might fit the bill for what a lot of people here are looking for.
Cursory Googling only turned up this build log from 2019 where it seemed to drive a CPU + GPU block and two large rads adequately (or at least the misfortune that befell the system later certainly didn't seem to be the pump's fault?!): https://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopic.php?p=226304&sid=5e76d96e0b0dcc02c09389848866fb4f#p226304

Then a product listing which rated it at approximately half the pump height rating (is a thing?! I'm intermediate at best when it comes to watercooling parts: https://www.dmodz.co.uk/PMW_Pump_Barrow_10W) of the more standard Barrow DDC pump type that we've typically seen around here (https://www.dmodz.co.uk/Barrow-SPB17-S-V2-watercooling-pump)

Seems like a good lead. I think you've just signed up to try it for thread science 😎

Reactions: RySean

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Cursory Googling only turned up this build log from 2019 where it seemed to drive a CPU + GPU block and two large rads adequately (or at least the misfortune that befell the system later certainly didn't seem to be the pump's fault?!): https://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopic.php?p=226304&sid=5e76d96e0b0dcc02c09389848866fb4f#p226304

Then a product listing which rated it at approximately half the pump height rating (is a thing?! I'm intermediate at best when it comes to watercooling parts: https://www.dmodz.co.uk/PMW_Pump_Barrow_10W) of the more standard Barrow DDC pump type that we've typically seen around here (https://www.dmodz.co.uk/Barrow-SPB17-S-V2-watercooling-pump)

Seems like a good lead. I think you've just signed up to try it for thread science 😎
Lol, I'm between that and just getting a DDC310 to rewire for just fan header. Need to decide ASAP since originally I set up a return to Performance PCS for the K1M and Magic Cube (with a 10% restock fee). If I'm opting for the DDC310, I should only return the K1M, and use store credit rather than cash with the 10% penalty.

I'll admit, the absurdly low price of the SPD10-S has me hesitant, as well as the complete lack of information about it. Also, even the measurements: "Size: 70 * 10 * 50mm" Wtf is 10mm? the whole thing is cylindrical, so one measurement is the height, and the other is the diameter... I have no idea what aspect of it is 10mm.

Last edited: