Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi

I have a question:

How thick can the radiator and the fans be if planned:
280mm + 240mm radiator
2x140 + 2x 120 fans

Which combination was tested?

Kind regards
For the 240, you'll probably want to use the TX240 with 25mm thick fans, as that is the best config you can fit in this case there.
For the 280, it's still being speculated upon. You'll most likely need a thin radiator, similar to the TX240, as well as slim fans to make it fit.

pr0m3t

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2022
I know this must has been covered in the 720 pages, but I can't find the info and the spec sheet isn't very clear in this regard :
What radiator options are supported in the sandwich T1 ?
I'm thinking slim 240 at the top of the case, and slim 280 with slim fans on the GPU side ? Would this be correct ?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I know this must has been covered in the 720 pages, but I can't find the info and the spec sheet isn't very clear in this regard :
What radiator options are supported in the sandwich T1 ?
I'm thinking slim 240 at the top of the case, and slim 280 with slim fans on the GPU side ? Would this be correct ?

I estimate there are 40mm for the side rad and fan total thickness (difference between CPU cooler clearance for 3.25 mode and 1.25 slot modes). That's my guess anyway. So...good luck with a 280 and fan combo that fits the bill.... The fittings will also exit with the absolute slimmest of clearances constrained by either the PSU to rad clearance or the PSU to MB VRM heatsink.

TLDR: 280mm in sandwich clearance = good luck

pr0m3t

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2022
I estimate there are 40mm for the side rad and fan total thickness (difference between CPU cooler clearance for 3.25 mode and 1.25 slot modes). That's my guess anyway. So...good luck with a 280 and fan combo that fits the bill.... The fittings will also exit with the absolute slimmest of clearances constrained by either the PSU to rad clearance or the PSU to MB VRM heatsink.

TLDR: 280mm in sandwich clearance = good luck
That's what I thought too, but is there even a bracket or something to mount a radiator onto the side panel ?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
That's what I thought too, but is there even a bracket or something to mount a radiator onto the side panel ?
In the v2.0, yes. But in the Sandwich version of the case, it is very hard to fit a rad there. Reference is easier.
Also, same question for the reference T1, is a side mounted 240 slim rad doable ?
Side mounted 280 rad is possible, probably full sized too. So a 240 will be fine.

Reactions: pr0m3t

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
So judging from the photos of the reference layout, there'll be no space for fans under the GPU - is that right?

This'll be a deciding factor whether it'll be a viable replacement for my NR200 and 3080FE.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So judging from the photos of the reference layout, there'll be no space for fans under the GPU - is that right?

This'll be a deciding factor whether it'll be a viable replacement for my NR200 and 3080FE.
That is correct. There is no space for fans under a 2 slot GPU in the reference layout.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020

I wouldn't make fans the deciding factor. It might not matter by this design if the intention is an inverted layout since the GPU will have access to fresh air from the top vs needing to have feet height and fans to help bring air in. I'd wait for builds and tests to see what the optimal airflow is.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I wouldn't make fans the deciding factor. It might not matter by this design if the intention is an inverted layout since the GPU will have access to fresh air from the top vs needing to have feet height and fans to help bring air in. I'd wait for builds and tests to see what the optimal airflow is.
Not only this^, but if you opt for the vertical stand, this’ll also be a non-issue.

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Do not want to sound like a boy with questions from Home Alone, but plz could you let me know if this radiator makes sense to fit between the top radiator 240mm and PSU? And yeah if it's really profitable and logical

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Do not want to sound like a boy with questions from Home Alone, but plz could you let me know if this radiator makes sense to fit between the top radiator 240mm and PSU? And yeah if it's really profitable and logical

Nah doesn't make sense. Air has to move through a radiator for it to transfer heat out of the liquid to the air. Placing it orthogonal to the flow of the top rad would eliminate any airflow that this radiator would obstruct through the 240. Placing it instead in the same air flow direction as the top rad will not fit. There's not enough space.

Reactions: Igor_B

pr0m3t

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2022
In Reference, you can only mount a radiator on the side. In Sandwich, you can mount one on the side and the top of the case. Just to be clear
That is what I meant, yea.
An easy-ish install with a 280 in the reference vs a hardcore one with a 240 and a 280 (or 240 if space is lacking) in the sandwich.