Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
The only one I can think of is the hanjiang pump/rad combo who's is a 240mm 17mm thick rad, and lengthwise it will only barely fit.

Where in line are you thinking of putting it? GPU side would have 25 mm at best, and on the other you've got no space between the rad/fan/PSU or the space between motherboard and rad/fan, and of course you will have to work around the CPU block, RAM and VRM heatsinks.
With the HJ rad/pump you're saying to fit it on the top or on the side mount? I imagine it wouldn't fit on the side even with the Noctua 15mm fans?

And for in-line I was just eyeballing this guy's build:

Was wondering if I could just attach two DC-LT 40s together in line where he has the one, but not really sure it'd fit :-/ Or maybe it could squeeze in on the CPU block and have a direct line into/out of CPU block? I did that on my wife's Ghost S1 build.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
With the HJ rad/pump you're saying to fit it on the top or on the side mount? I imagine it wouldn't fit on the side even with the Noctua 15mm fans?

And for in-line I was just eyeballing this guy's build:

Was wondering if I could just attach two DC-LT 40s together in line where he has the one, but not really sure it'd fit :-/ Or maybe it could squeeze in on the CPU block and have a direct line into/out of CPU block? I did that on my wife's Ghost S1 build.

You can for the pump/rad on the bottom/top but in V2 on side is also possible (should be anyway).

In V2 with dual rad build (where you'd presumably be running in 1.25 slot mode) the PSU would only be about 25mm from the GPU side panel, which is not enough space to put a DCLT40 res.

Reactions: RySean

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply, 59mm was the number is was looking for. Just contemplating if the Phanteks PH-F120T30 might be usable in a build. Possibly with angled modular cables and/or flipped psu.
There is no bracket included with the v2.0 to flip the PSU, so unless you want to make your own bracket or have a PSU with mounting holes on both sides of it, that's not going to be possible.

Reactions: DrHudacris

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
You can for the pump/rad on the bottom/top but in V2 on side is also possible (should be anyway).

In V2 with dual rad build (where you'd presumably be running in 1.25 slot mode) the PSU would only be about 25mm from the GPU side panel, which is not enough space to put a DCLT40 res.
You're saying I wouldn't be able to fit even a single DC-LT 40 in a dual 240 rad build? 😮

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
You're saying I wouldn't be able to fit even a single DC-LT 40 in a dual 240 rad build? 😮
Not in that location in the picture, no. It fits in 2 slot mode (like in the picture), but that space between the side panel and PSU will be almost halved in 1.25 slot mode

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Not in that location in the picture, no. It fits in 2 slot mode (like in the picture), but that space between the side panel and PSU will be almost halved in 1.25 slot mode
Is 1.25 mode required for running a side mounted radiator? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just having trouble visualizing it.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
I personally don't think a DC-LT 40 is a viable option for a dual radiator build at all. You should really be considering CPU pump blocks for a dual rad build on v1.1 or v2.0, imo.
Right, if you look at my earlier comments my intent is to run either two DC-LT pumps, or run a single along with a radiator/pump combo. I'd rather not replace my existing CPU block.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Is 1.25 mode required for running a side mounted radiator? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just having trouble visualizing it.
Let's put it this way, you have about 125mm total interior width of the case. 65 for the PSU, 20mm for rad, 15mm for fan, you have 25mm (aka 1.25 slots) left. Could you perhaps sacrifice the fan on that side and gain 15mm more space? Sure, but at that point, why go through the trouble of using 2 240mm rads if you're putting only 1 fan and a slim fan at that?

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Let's put it this way, you have about 125mm total interior width of the case. 65 for the PSU, 20mm for rad, 15mm for fan, you have 25mm (aka 1.25 slots) left. Could you perhaps sacrifice the fan on that side and gain 15mm more space? Sure, but at that point, why go through the trouble of using 2 240mm rads if you're putting only 1 fan and a slim fan at that?
Those are all fair points. The main reason I'm motivated to go dual radiator is for additional thermal mass- the 5900X and 3080FE generate a decent amount, and the temps I have now are fine in my cardboard box, but I expect them to run a bit toasty when crammed in a case. Presumably even dual 240 rads with one running single slim fan is better cooling thanks to that additional thermal mass.

Alternatively I could conceivably go with a 120mm radiator for side mounting with a single slim fan? Not sure if that's any better though.

Also, is this the radiator/pump combo you're recommending? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002069693603.html I'm wondering how well it'd fit in there...

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Those are all fair points. The main reason I'm motivated to go dual radiator is for additional thermal mass- the 5900X and 3080FE generate a decent amount, and the temps I have now are fine in my cardboard box, but I expect them to run a bit toasty when crammed in a case. Presumably even dual 240 rads with one running single slim fan is better cooling thanks to that additional thermal mass.

Alternatively I could conceivably go with a 120mm radiator for side mounting with a single slim fan? Not sure if that's any better though.

Also, is this the radiator/pump combo you're recommending? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002069693603.html I'm wondering how well it'd fit in there...
Yes that's the radiator pump combo. It will fit fine, it's less than 35mm at the pump if end.

If you use a 120mm with slim fan, you are free to offset the PSU and you can put the DCLT40 or perhaps a DDC based res next to GPU (maybe).

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Yes that's the radiator pump combo. It will fit fine, it's less than 35mm at the pump if end.

If you use a 120mm with slim fan, you are free to offset the PSU and you can put the DCLT40 or perhaps a DDC based res next to GPU (maybe).
If only they made that res/pump combo in a 120mm, haha. If I were to use that 240mm combo unit presumably I wouldn't have space for the DC-LT 40 anywhere, bringing me back to a single pump for dual rads :-/ I'm guessing the pump in the HJ wouldn't be potent enough to handle the HJ + my existing TX240, right?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
If only they made that res/pump combo in a 120mm, haha. If I were to use that 240mm combo unit presumably I wouldn't have space for the DC-LT 40 anywhere, bringing me back to a single pump for dual rads :-/ I'm guessing the pump in the HJ wouldn't be potent enough to handle the HJ + my existing TX240, right?
On the contrary, the pump is very similar to DDC, and will be more than enough for such a loop!

And if you use a plain 120mm radiator on the motherboard side, you can shift the PSU over towards the MB side panel and you'll have room for a standalone pump next to the GPU.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
On the contrary, the pump is very similar to DDC, and will be more than enough for such a loop!

And if you use a plain 120mm radiator on the motherboard side, you can shift the PSU over towards the MB side panel and you'll have room for a standalone pump next to the GPU.
Oh awesome! In that case would you recommend getting the HJ and side mounting it with slim Noctuas? Or would you suggest getting a TX120 for the side mount and buy a DDC pump? In both cases I'd be keeping my TX240 on the top mount position (assuming that's plausible).

Presumably the HJ option would provide better cooling than the TX120 route?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Oh awesome! In that case would you recommend getting the HJ and side mounting it with slim Noctuas? Or would you suggest getting a TX120 for the side mount and buy a DDC pump? In both cases I'd be keeping my TX240 on the top mount position (assuming that's plausible).

Presumably the HJ option would provide better cooling than the TX120 route?
I can't say for sure. The HJ rad is very thin and lower fin density and fewer water tubes. On the other hand, tx120 you're losing surface area.im not sure which would be better cooling wise. Your tx240 should fit in top position in either case.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
I can't say for sure. The HJ rad is very thin and lower fin density and fewer water tubes. On the other hand, tx120 you're losing surface area.im not sure which would be better cooling wise. Your tx240 should fit in top position in either case.
Which option would you go with in my shoes? Sounds like maybe it'd be easier to do the build with a TX120? Not certain of that though.

If you would opt for the TX120 side option, which pump would you recommend to run the system?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Which option would you go with in my shoes? Sounds like maybe it'd be easier to do the build with a TX120? Not certain of that though.

If you would opt for the TX120 side option, which pump would you recommend to run the system?
If I were looking at the following 1) keep current CPU block, buy HJ rad or tx120 vs 2) buy low profile pump block like aquanaut or lobo and use tx240 I would choose option 2.

Between HJ and tx120 I really couldn't say, it's too many variables, but Tx120 would definitely be easier. I do think using a CPU block instead of CPU pump/block combo is limiting your options and flexibility for a dual rad build.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
If I were looking at the following 1) keep current CPU block, buy HJ rad or tx120 vs 2) buy low profile pump block like aquanaut or lobo and use tx240 I would choose option 2.

Between HJ and tx120 I really couldn't say, it's too many variables, but Tx120 would definitely be easier. I do think using a CPU block instead of CPU pump/block combo is limiting your options and flexibility for a dual rad build.
Haha that's definitely true! I just don't want to give up my current CPU block 😭 it's pretty nice, and optimized for Ryzen 5000. Maybe if I knew someone who wanted to buy it from me I'd swap the Aquanaut, but otherwise it's not so appealing.

Reactions: DrHudacris

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020

One last question- if I were to go with the TX120 for side mount, which pump would you suggest pairing with it? Since obvs a single DC-LT isn't good enough, and it sounds implausible to cram two of them in there.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
One last question- if I were to go with the TX120 for side mount, which pump would you suggest pairing with it? Since obvs a single DC-LT isn't good enough, and it sounds implausible to cram two of them in there.
Oh right, forgot to address this. With the PSU offset fully, and a GPU waterblock about 280mm max, you may be able to squeeze a 1U ES DDC in, or most any plain DDC top (probably). With shorter blocks (240mm?) perhaps the EK DDC FLT 80. Just spitballing off dimensions.