Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will the ncase layout be able to support a gpu like the EVGA 3080 FTW3?

Not in the M1 layout, have to make the case much bigger, even bigger than M1 to do so.

Will support EVGA 30XX FTW3 in the Sandwich / A4 layout, just get the PCIe 4.0 riser option. If you can afford and get your hands on the EVGA 3080 FTW3, I don't feel bad for you.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-07-21: T1 V1.5 Progress Update​

Added 280mm Radiator support, specifcally HWL Nemesis 280GTS. The reason to add this feature is for the upcoming T1 EPYC / Threadripper build.

Due to the longer tubing length, 280 AIO is *not recommended, b/c fitting it in will likely be a nightmare. This is why there are not many, if any, <10L cases that will support 280 radiator or AIO.

Last edited:

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
How can it be possible? I mean is it meant to be on the side? And if so... what fans are we going to use?

I dont have the T1, so I´m not familiarised with the measurements, but if one put a 280 rad on the top of the case ... this would force the case to be a bit wider no? I remember the problems at the begining with radiator support because of how slim the case is, and some 240 radiators that had more width were not compatible (nemesis 240 gts was one of them)

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

Added 280mm Radiator support, specifcally HWL Nemesis 280GTS. The reason to add this feature is for the upcoming T1 EPYC / Threadripper build.

Due to the longer tubing length, 280 AIO is *not recommended, b/c fitting it in will likely be a nightmare. This is why there are not many, if any, <10L cases that will support 280 radiator or AIO.
Which fans one would use with a 280mm radiator? There aren't that many slim 140mm fans and most (all?) of them use 120mm mounting pattern.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
How can it be possible? I mean is it meant to be on the side? And if so... what fans are we going to use?

I dont have the T1, so I´m not familiarised with the measurements, but if one put a 280 rad on the top of the case ... this would force the case to be a bit wider no? I remember the problems at the begining with radiator support because of how slim the case is, and some 240 radiators that had more width were not compatible (nemesis 240 gts was one of them)
I think it might be side mounted only, because I cannot see how it would fit in the top where most people put the radiator.

Hopefully we can get some clarification.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Sorry, I’ve never seen the website other than « opening soon ! » Is it possible to order like a titanium color with a black mesh ?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Sorry, I’ve never seen the website other than « opening soon ! » Is it possible to order like a titanium color with a black mesh ?
The website only opens when there is a batch going live. You can check here or the r/FormD subreddit to see when drops will happen.

People have ordered a titanium with black mesh in the past, but it depends on what is available during that drop.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018

So I believe the HWL Nemesis 280GTS rad should sit over the GPU side with the Cryorig XT140 slim fans and with a HWL Nemesis 240GTS XFLOW rad on top?
Please confirm if this setup works.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

I have so many questions, but this is very exciting to hear.

Main question: is it that only the 280GTS was test fit? Or is there something about its ports or other physical features that makes it unique?

Main reason I ask is because WTF they're not available anywhere like just about everything these days. But Corsair's Hydro series XR5 is supposedly the same core as HWL's 30mm 280 rad, right? And not only is it more readily available, but it's also a smidgen less wide than 280GTS so... good news for potential fitment?

• Haha
Reactions: Nichronos

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@Wahaha360 This might not be possible but in the A4 layout for air cooling, is it possible to make the rad section modular? I guess it ends up looking like the Acat x pro with rails also on top so that fans can go on the top and bottom and the power button and plug outlet can be swapped on the top. I don't think the Acat x pro actually does this though, it just looks like it could. It's minor but it leaves the l12s in an optimal position and the entire case doesn't have to be flipped, as well as additional 2 fans for optimal sandwich cooling.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Since the 1.5 will feature the M1 layout I was wondering if there will also be compatibility for an external res and pump block like the one available for the M1?

Reactions: eedev

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
I have so many questions, but this is very exciting to hear.

Main question: is it that only the 280GTS was test fit? Or is there something about its ports or other physical features that makes it unique?

Main reason I ask is because WTF they're not available anywhere like just about everything these days. But Corsair's Hydro series XR5 is supposedly the same core as HWL's 30mm 280 rad, right? And not only is it more readily available, but it's also a smidgen less wide than 280GTS so... good news for potential fitment?

AquaTuning in Germany allegedly has more than 25 pieces on storage

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
AquaTuning in Germany allegedly has more than 25 pieces on storage
Dang, that's a *really* useful site! I'm in US, so extra thanks for the Aquatuning heads-up. We'll see if I get desperate enough to pay AT's shipping across the pond :D