Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Kira

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2021
Are they open every Friday at 8am now? It's a little bit confusing when the website just states "2020 INVENTORY SOLD OUT! NEXT RELEASE 2021!" and no notification e-mails have been sent out
If you want to know when the next drop is, you have to check in on this thread or on r/formd on reddit. The notification emails will never be quick enough for you to get one during a drop

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Are they open every Friday at 8am now? It's a little bit confusing when the website just states "2020 INVENTORY SOLD OUT! NEXT RELEASE 2021!" and no notification e-mails have been sent out :)
as Kira has mentioned - notification email is the worst possible way to know when order is open. this thread and r/formd are where it's at

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
That's reasonable for you to not give ETAs given what's currently going on in the world.

You've previously recommended that people on the priority list should wait for V1.2. However, it now seems like that doesn't provide that big a jump, unless you want to go dual 240s or use a massive GPU. For me personally, the only benefit I see of V1.2 are the 0.25 slot increments for the GPU. Given what you now know about V1.2, would you still recommend waiting for it, or would you suggest getting V1.1? Note I'm still waiting on CPU and GPU, too; I suspect they are at least a couple of months away.

Wait for V1.2 then. Since you are waiting for CPU and GPU.

@Wahaha360 is there any way I can order a set of black top/bottom panels and black mesh side panels? I have ideas for mods and I don't want to alter my only original set. Also, I'm an idiot and scratched my bottom panel slightly, it's not such a big deal cause it's the bottom and you can't really see it, but it bothers me 🙁

No, I have been asking for parts numerous times, and they are not selling them (yet)
Hoping that they will at some point, but actually not sure anymore since there's two new cases on the horizon now.

The only thing that kind of irks me is that there's still no parts available for the T1 while it's out for quite a while now.
Sure I understand that production lines are being a nuisance and the total output of T1 cases is still too low to sell them.
But I'm a little worried that parts that are promised will never hit the market because of all the new iterations of the case.
There's basically no time left to even develop the aftermarket parts that were planned because of the 1.5 and Evo.
Hope I'm wrong though and I am thoroughly enjoying my case right now, although it's in a mess!
I'm actually gathering parts for the next iteration of the build.

Remind me first week of May, I will recalculate reserves and then maybe release some parts.

I'm going to give you a heads up, shipping is really expensive right now, this is another reason we didn't list the parts right away.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I guess I'm at the same point as the people you replied to but my question is more along the lines of:
I'm willing to wait for EVO based on the information I have on it, but now I'm not so sure with this reply. Is it not worth waiting on without this GPU / mobo (I have new components and am not looking to upgrade them right now)? Is this GPU / mobo a proprietary form factor that I would be unlikely to benefit from in a future build?

As the proud owner of a cancelled order, I'd like to ensure I'm able to get a v1.2 if I find out that the EVO is not for me. But I'm so interested in it that I can't make that determination right now. Really really looking forward to more info in it, but it sounds like it's months away yet.

I'm in the same boat and agree with you and would also like to know more about the evo project to make an informed choice.

I understand where you guys are coming from, I'm sure others share similar thoughts.

T1 EVO Update TLDR:
  • In a world where Mobo can change size from Mini-ITX to ATX, and GPU can change slots and length, enclosures that can change size makes sense.
  • If such mobo and GPU don't exist, why even bother introducing the complexity of transformation into the enclosure.
  • It's named T1 EVO because I want to start with the T1 look & layout and transform from that point.
  • At the moment, I can't proceed with original purpose of making the EVO.
I think sometimes showing people how the sausage is made creates more anxiety. The lack of parts in the current climate just makes it worse.

In your case transparency is TMI (too much information), just come back to the project later when things are more nailed down.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
According to my testing today, that is not true.
I admit that my NF-A12x25 are modified to 22 mm height, but still.

As you can see we get lower temperatures and lower fan RPM (= lower noise) with 3 big fans instead of two.

This testing was done without any side radiator in the case, only the TX240.

Is this on a open bench or inside a case?

Also, what CPU are you using.

I guess my main point is *unnecessary, but let's see how you are setting it up.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Thank you for the info! from what you are telling me now I feel I can make a good choice and that it won't have any added value for me personally to wait for the evo.
I don't want to expand my case over the size of the Formd T1.1, I just want it to be more flexible and that is what the 1.2 is offering already.
I'd really like to order a duo tone 1.2 case when and if they will be released in that color scheme, and will be selling my 1.1 at that time.
So please sell it in duo tone ;)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'm in the same boat and agree with you and would also like to know more about the evo project to make an informed choice.

This is exactly the issue with FomD at the moment, in my opinion - too many changes being discussed and thrown out as possibilities, and not enough finalized at any given time.

I completely disagree what I´ve put in bold. I enjoy A LOT the possibility of being a small part of the process......

Sorry, I should clarify - I don't dislike the transparency, and I don't want a case being announced on release, no questions asked.

What I do dislike is the constantly shifting specifications, product names, etc. (P1 Introduced, Canceled, Merged into T1 Classic & Evo, Evo Features Merged into Classic, etc.)

What I think about this is that designing and manufacture these products is a much more complex task than what it seems from the outside.

The creator shares his ideas and thought process which is greatly appreciated and I hope he continues doing so. Ideas are not promises, until the product is ready for production everything is subject to change, it's as simple as that.

I sympathize, empathize and appreciate the support as well. I think sometimes showing people how the sausage is made creates more anxiety, the lack of parts in the current climate just makes it worse.

Development is messy, the end product is the transformation from a set of messy ideas into a finalized product.

Transparency can be TMI (too much information), if following this thread is TMI, just come back to the project later when things are more nailed down.

If you like process, then enjoy the ride, it's an adventure for me too.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Are they open every Friday at 8am now? It's a little bit confusing when the website just states "2020 INVENTORY SOLD OUT! NEXT RELEASE 2021!" and no notification e-mails have been sent out :)

If you want to know when the next drop is, you have to check in on this thread or on r/formd on reddit. The notification emails will never be quick enough for you to get one during a drop

as Kira has mentioned - notification email is the worst possible way to know when order is open. this thread and r/formd are where it's at

The main issue that we tend to sell out before reminder emails hit inbox. If we do send, the end results is confusion for the people who receive these emails and a lot of times, anger.

If reminder emails is creating more problems than they are solving, why even send right - so we just stop sending them to piss people off 😅

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
Is this on a open bench or inside a case?

Also, what CPU are you using.

I guess my main point is *unnecessary, but let's see how you are setting it up.

I have run benchmarks for several setups over the past two days.
The results we are talking about are measured inside my T1 with all panels on.
  • CPU is Intel i5-10600K
  • GPU is ASUS 3080 TUF OC
Both are in the loop.

It's set-up like this but of course all the panels are in place during testing:

Aleksander

Trash Compacter
Jul 16, 2020
I have run benchmarks for several setups over the past two days.
The results we are talking about are measured inside my T1 with all panels on.
  • CPU is Intel i5-10600K
  • GPU is ASUS 3080 TUF OC
Both are in the loop.

It's set-up like this but of course all the panels are in place during testing:

Would it be better to increase the size of v1.2 a little to allow for alphacool st25 and 25 mm fan? The lower fin count of the st25 would maybe allow better airflow?

Reactions: PKAWA

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Would it be better to increase the size of v1.2 a little to allow for alphacool st25 and 25 mm fan? The lower fin count of the st25 would maybe allow better airflow?
Yes I'd also prefer 50mm below the motherboard for 25mm rad with 25mm chromax fans.

This change will push it over 10L, but I guess the better question is why not use the TX240 instead of Alphacool LT240?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
This change will push it over 10L, but I guess the better question is why not use the TX240 instead of Alphacool LT240?
I'm not using either, I have a coolworld 240 25mm with fillport in the back which I've connected to the back of the case so I'm not willing to change it :)
Besides, it's better than the Alphacool rad. I've had that before this one.
Now I'm going to use it in 3 slim fan mode, but would have preferred to use it with full size fans mainly for noise but also cooling capacity.
If the V1.2 would accommodate 50mm instead of 46 it would be possible.
With the 1.1 it's at 42mm or so? I don't see a reason to resize that bay to 46 because it will be to big for slim fans and to small for full sized fans.
Only a 20.5 rad would fit perfectly with full sized fans but not that many people actually use it in their builds, and a 25 is better. I think that will also be what most people use because the lt240 is that size.

Last edited:

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'd like to share my Star Wars themed gunmetal T1 build video here (ASMR). It's been a long process. Hope you like it. 😃

Parts:
Form T1 V1.1 Gunmetal ASUS ROG Strix X570-I
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
NVIDIA Titan Xp Star Wars Jedi Order Collectors Edition
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3466MHz C16
CableMod Memory Modding Kit for Corsair Dominator (Black)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Samsung 860 EVO 4TB
Corsair SF750
Lian LI Galahad 240 AIO
Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax.Black.swap

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The main issue that we tend to sell out before reminder emails hit inbox. If we do send, the end results is confusion for the people who receive these emails and a lot of times, anger.

If reminder emails is creating more problems than they are solving, why even send right - so we just stop sending them to piss people off 😅
Maybe you could send people on the e-mail list an email a day or two before the drop, notifying them when it is going to happen?
That way they won't get the email expecting there to be stock because it was just released, and they get notified so they don't have to constantly check here or the subreddit.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe you could send people on the e-mail list an email a day or two before the drop, notifying them when it is going to happen?
That way they won't get the email expecting there to be stock because it was just released, and they get notified so they don't have to constantly check here or the subreddit.

It's a good idea, but it's going to make each batch sell out even faster, and more angry emails.

We have stopped reminder emails, and split inventory into batches to extend availability time for people who want one. Even with both measures in place, we rarely get past few minutes between open orders and being sold out.

There is more than 100x more people on reminder list than what is available, I just don't want to email that many people, customer service will just forward angry emails to me.

Kira

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2021
Sorry to change the subject, but for watercooling do you all recommend going with 10/16mm tubing (EKWB ZMT tubing), or 10/13mm (clear tubing)? I personally like the look of the ZMT tubing more, however I am worried with the V1.2 dual rad build will be that that the tubes will be to thick to fit.

I just don't want to buy all these fittings for my v1.1 build and then have to switch over for when I transfer to V1.2

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry to change the subject, but for watercooling do you all recommend going with 10/16mm tubing (EKWB ZMT tubing), or 10/13mm (clear tubing)? I personally like the look of the ZMT tubing more, however I am worried with the V1.2 dual rad build will be that that the tubes will be to thick to fit.

I just don't want to buy all these fittings for my v1.1 build and then have to switch over for when I transfer to V1.2

Stick to 10/13.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'm not using either, I have a coolworld 240 25mm with fillport in the back which I've connected to the back of the case so I'm not willing to change it :)
Besides, it's better than the Alphacool rad. I've had that before this one.
Now I'm going to use it in 3 slim fan mode, but would have preferred to use it with full size fans mainly for noise but also cooling capacity.
If the V1.2 would accommodate 50mm instead of 46 it would be possible.
With the 1.1 it's at 42mm or so? I don't see a reason to resize that bay to 46 because it will be to big for slim fans and to small for full sized fans.
Only a 20.5 rad would fit perfectly with full sized fans but not that many people actually use it in their builds, and a 25 is better. I think that will also be what most people use because the lt240 is that size.

The LT240 radiator is more available than the TX240, and cheaper in a lot of regions, I can see that argument.

However, both TX240 and LT240 are super niche compare to people who just buy regular AIO. I think popular AIOs (Corsair, NZXT, DeepCool, Arctic, EK and others) has over 5000x more units out there (not 5000%).

46mm under the motherboard means it's good enough for most AIO radiator and slim fans, still <10L

50mm under the motherboard means > 10L, for another super niche radiator / aio setup.

Maybe I should just convince Alphacool to make the LT240 20mm thick.