Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Rapide

Chassis Packer
Jun 29, 2019
?? That AMD card is 267mm long. Offcourse it will fit since the 3080 TUF is longer and I have that in my case. Read the opening post. There's enough data on which cards fit.
No, rx 6800/6900 xt asus tuf is 320mm long. Its 20mm longer 3080 tuf and 8mm longer official spec of t1

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Not sure where you got 267mm, the TUF is 330mm.
No it's not. It's 299mm. I would know, I have it. The Asus 3080TUF that is,
And I was talking about the AMD card, just not the Asus variant because I forgot they make these also.

I could not fit my old 1080TI MSI x trio with 325mm So if it's 330....
It's not though because I read that it's 320 so will fit.
Prob still to heigh though.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
No it's not. It's 299mm. I would know, I have it. The Asus 3080TUF that is,
And I was talking about the AMD card, just not the Asus variant because I forgot they make these also.

I could not fit my old 1080TI MSI x trio with 325mm So if it's 330....
It's not though because I read that it's 320 so will fit.
Prob still to heigh though.
OP was asking about the Asus TUF 6900 XT, you responded saying it was 267mm long and I responded saying it was 330mm long. Guess I should have specified 6900 XT not the 3080. (Newegg lists this as 13" and Asus also lists it at 13" and 320mm, 13" is actually 330.2mm so I have no idea which is right.

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
Where did you get this picture? Would love to talk to somebody that actually has the block.
Hi,
Found the picture in the review of the page but don't think you will be able to contact the person.
But found that, and he compared the metal block with the aquanaut (5°C difference) ;)

Last edited:

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
Compared to the Nouvolo I've heard it does much better but can't find that comparison anymore.
I think I've read it in this topic too.
I'd like to hear what your temps are when it's finished and with what bios settings/ PBO enabled or not etc.
Am currently underwhelmed with the temps both the Nouvolo and the 5900x produce.
The Nouvolo compared to the Velocity has an 8c celsius gap. Which I think is a lot.
I finally have my temps under control and now my idle temps are at 35 degrees roughly with a 27% pump speed (EK 3.2 DDC PWM)
Somehow at 30% the pump has a very audible and annoying whine that disappears when going to 50% for example.

Actually have reverted the power plan in windows back to balanced, which sees the temps spike back up towards 45 degrees roughly.
I noticed stuttering in the Witcher 3 with the energy saving setting enabled in windows power schemes.
I also have PBO active.
With the energy saving scheme the 5900x stays at 35c, but with balanced scheme it spikes to 60c with very light stuff like opening a folder in windows.
It's driving me crazy.
Same here with my 5900X. It goes crazy whenever you open a page or an application... with balanced (Recommanded) power plan.

Reactions: PKAWA

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Same here with my 5900X. It goes crazy whenever you open a page or an application... with balanced (Recommanded) power plan.
I have a 5950x and it used to do this with older bios versions on the asus x570i motherboard. I forget the version where it stopped doing this, but I have mine updated to the most recent version and don't have this problem. Is your bios the latest agesa release? Mine never spikes when doing simple tasks anymore and it's voltage stays relatively flat when idle/simple tasks. Used to jump all over the place like you stated with your 5900x.

SpaceCowboy

Cable Smoosher
May 5, 2020
Compared to the Nouvolo I've heard it does much better but can't find that comparison anymore.
I'd like to hear what your temps are when it's finished and with what bios settings/ PBO enabled or not etc.
Am currently underwhelmed with the temps both the Nouvolo and the 5900x produce.
The Nouvolo compared to the Velocity has an 8c celsius gap. Which I think is a lot.
I finally have my temps under control and now my idle temps are at 35 degrees roughly with a 27% pump speed (EK 3.2 DDC PWM)
Somehow at 30% the pump has a very audible and annoying whine that disappears when going to 50% for example.

Actually have reverted the power plan in windows back to balanced, which sees the temps spike back up towards 45 degrees roughly.
I noticed stuttering in the Witcher 3 with the energy saving setting enabled in windows power schemes.
I also have PBO active.
With the energy saving scheme the 5900x stays at 35c, but with balanced scheme it spikes to 60c with very light stuff like opening a folder in windows.
It's driving me crazy.

Yeah, I'll report back, I finally got my 5900x yesterday. My block came with some bent fins near the edges and slight damage to one of the O-rings, and they didn't include any extras. I'm going to try and straighten out the bent fins, but it shouldn't degrade the performance that much. Visually the cold plate is very flat, little to no distortion, it's like looking in a mirror. It's a big chungus block though, I put it on the scale for a laugh, 920g without a pump on it!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Yeah, I'll report back, I finally got my 5900x yesterday. My block came with some bent fins near the edges and slight damage to one of the O-rings, and they didn't include any extras. I'm going to try and straighten out the bent fins, but it shouldn't degrade the performance that much. Visually the cold plate is very flat, little to no distortion, it's like looking in a mirror. It's a big chungus block though, I put it on the scale for a laugh, 920g without a pump on it!
Okay great, hope you can get it straight without breaking the fins! Such a big block of metal gives me confidence it can suck up the heat the 5900x dumps.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I have a 5950x and it used to do this with older bios versions on the asus x570i motherboard. I forget the version where it stopped doing this, but I have mine updated to the most recent version and don't have this problem. Is your bios the latest agesa release? Mine never spikes when doing simple tasks anymore and it's voltage stays relatively flat when idle/simple tasks. Used to jump all over the place like you stated with your 5900x.
I have the latest, but it's a beta version. Can't check right now but I thought it was 3604 which I can't find on the website so that might be it. Thinking about reverting back to the second to last one just to be able to exclude it from the list.
I have also undervolted the cpu using the settings Optimum tech uses, and it does nothing for temps.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Good to know I'm not the only one with these problems and it's actually not just my settings or pc. If I had known this I would have never upgraded from my 8700K.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Hi,
Found the picture in the review of the page but don't think you will be able to contact the person.
But found that, and he compared the metal block with the aquanaut (5°C difference) ;)
Fantastic find!!! I have searched everywhere for this review because I had read it in the past but didn't bother saving it for future reference....

Reactions: Mao_Setzer

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020

I also have PBO active.
It's driving me crazy.
Having PBO enabled isn’t going to help bring your temps down unless you just have it enabled to be able to undervolt via the curve optimizer (no OC).

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Having PBO enabled isn’t going to help bring your temps down unless you just have it enabled to be able to undervolt via the curve optimizer (no OC).

Yes I have done that using the settings Optimum Tech suggests with an offset of negative 30. Does nothing for temps though, just results in better clock speeds at the same temp supposedly.

Without PBO temps are a little better sure, but not that much. I think around 5c idle, and nothing under load.
Meanwhile I get micro stuttering in games, and temps of over 83c and nothing seems to work.

My system:
Asus X570-i
AMD 5900x
Nouvolo Aquanaut
EK DDC 3.2 PWM with heatsink
G.Skill 32gb ram 3600mhz
Corsair SF750
J-Hack
Asus 3080 TUF
Linkup 20cm pcie 4.0 riser
2x Adata sx8200 pro M.2 SSD 2TB
2x Noctua 15mm chromax fan
(Waiting on the black 25mm q3)
Coolworld 240mm full copper rad.
2x GW.05 2.4/5.8-7.125GHz Monopole Antenna Taoglas
Silverstone remote control SST-ES02-USB

I have ordered a chinese waterblock which should get temps down a few degrees, and will be adding a 25mm fan in the future.
I have ordered a Noctua A4x20 for chipset and SSD cooling, and a Thermaltake heatpad to replace the stock one on the chipset but they have not been delivered yet.

Beyond that I tested with different settings and the only thing that really helps temps is windows power saving scheme.
It downclocks everything but does keep it at 35c idle without spikes. Not using it though.

Meanwhile micro stuttering keeps happening with new windows install, new install of ac valhalla, performance energy scheme, and pbo.
I'm lost in what else I could possibly do.
Right now my 8700k performed better in games.

Last edited:

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Yes I have done that using the settings Optimum Tech suggests with an offset of negative 30. Does nothing for temps though, just results in better clock speeds at the same temp supposedly.

Without PBO temps are a little better sure, but not that much. I think around 5c idle, and nothing under load.
Meanwhile I get micro stuttering in games, and temps of over 83c and nothing seems to work.

My system:
Asus X570-i
AMD 5900x
Nouvolo Aquanaut
EK DDC 3.2 PWM with heatsink
G.Skill 32gb ram 3600mhz
Corsair SF750
J-Hack
Asus 3080 TUF
Linkup 20cm pcie 4.0 riser
2x Adata sx8200 pro M.2 SSD 2TB
2x Noctua 15mm chromax fan
(Waiting on the black 25mm q3)
Coolworld 240mm full copper rad.
2x GW.05 2.4/5.8-7.125GHz Monopole Antenna Taoglas
Silverstone remote control SST-ES02-USB

I have ordered a chinese waterblock which should get temps down a few degrees, and will be adding a 25mm fan in the future.
I have ordered a Noctua A4x20 for chipset and SSD cooling, and a Thermaltake heatpad to replace the stock one on the chipset but they have not been delivered yet.

Beyond that I tested with different settings and the only thing that really helps temps is windows power saving scheme.
It downclocks everything but does keep it at 35c idle without spikes. Not using it though.

Meanwhile micro stuttering keeps happening with new windows install, new install of ac valhalla, performance energy scheme, and pbo.
I'm lost in what else I could possibly do.
Right now my 8700k performed better in games.
The chipset fan on X570-i is a 30mm one.

I have the same mobo, CPU and Aquanaut, no temperature spikes here in idle other than those due to background activity (e.g. Windows Update, Windows Defender). Power plan is set to High Performance.

FWIW my BIOS settings:
PCIe Mode: Gen 3
Above 4G Decoding: Enabled
Re-Size BAR Support: Auto
PBO: -20 all cores
PBO Limits: Motherboard
DOCP Enabled
VDDCR CPU Power Phase Control: Optimized
VDDCR SOC Power Phase Control: Optimized
VDDCR CPU LLC: Level 3
Performance Enhancer: Level 1

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Thanks for this, will check these settings against my own and see if they help.
What I meant with the Noctua 40mm fan is that I will install it above the heatsink and ssd as an extra fan.
It will sit between the Nouvolo and the M.2 and I'll be running it at 3500rpm. I had a small fan like that in my old pc and it helped ssd temps down with roughly 12c.
My chipset right now is at 67c idle so yeah.

Last edited: