Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Do we have any idea if orders will be open again this Friday? The notice on the subreddit says that the goal was to resolve the constraint in October to reopen before November, so this Friday, October 30th sounds like as good a day as any, assuming things are going smoothly on that end?

StoMaha

Efficiency Noob
Oct 27, 2020
Is anyone aware of a shorter internal power cable for the T1? I'm inverting/flipping my PSU, so the cable doesn't need to be half as long as it is to reach the rear mounting hole.
-Jordan

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Do we have any idea if orders will be open again this Friday? The notice on the subreddit says that the goal was to resolve the constraint in October to reopen before November, so this Friday, October 30th sounds like as good a day as any, assuming things are going smoothly on that end?

Until @Wahaha360 says something, we won't know and he will update his reddit post.

Reactions: eedev

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Can anybody share the link with aio compatibility?

Hi all, can someone make a abstract of the different AIO/radiator compatible in this case and some tests please ?

Because i'm lost ...
I would like to take an alphacool ST30 or ST25 with noctua fan (25mm) but I saw more and more people talking about the TX240 and i never heard of this brand !

Thanks all, i'll receive mine in november
If you are going with a 240mm radiator you need to use at least one slim fan, and in a lot of builds, you will have to use two slim fans.
The TX240 comes from XSPC, here is a link.
Are you going with an AIO cooling solution or a custom loop? Because all of those rads are for custom loops, but you mentioned AIOs in your post. The TX 240 is one of the better radiators you can use in this case from what I know, but the ST25 is not bad either. The ST30 will make the case bulge, so I don't recommend going with this one. The EK SE 240 Classic is also a good option.

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
Hey guys, new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile.

Here's my current build:

AMD 3800x, 4.4ghz @1.25v
Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX
Corsair LPX 32gb 3733mhz 15-19-12-36
Corsair MP600 2TB
Corsair MP510 2TB
Corsair SF750
Asus Strix 2080ti OC, 2055mhz @975mv.

Ambient: 28C
Cinebench R20 loop: CPU 70C
Heaven 4.0 loop: GPU 72C average
Gaming: GPU 70-75C, CPU 65-75C

Current issue: GPU exhaust heating up rad while gaming, causes cpu temps to be higher than it should be.

Solution: I would probably be getting a barrow 2080ti strix block, as it has a slim 90 degree terminal to allow the strix waterblock to fit into the T1. This is the product:

I shouldn't have any issues with this block right?

I should be getting the aquanaut pump block + EK 3.2 DDC pump, with zmt tubing to a ST25 with 3x noctua A12x15, with one side in push pull. I will be including a fitting with a temp sensor for a aqua quadro. I will be getting custom unsleeved cables too from ray to tidy up the cable management and clear some space for the rad to breathe.

i am still waiting on the opportunity to get a 3080 fe since it's short with the bykski block, such that i can place a 120mm rad beside it with a slim fan. Would the aquanaut pump block + ek 3.2 ddc pump fit in 3 slot mode or must i go 2 slot?

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Hey guys, new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile.

Here's my current build:

AMD 3800x, 4.4ghz @1.25v
Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX
Corsair LPX 32gb 3733mhz 15-19-12-36
Corsair MP600 2TB
Corsair MP510 2TB
Corsair SF750
Asus Strix 2080ti OC, 2055mhz @975mv.

Ambient: 28C
Cinebench R20 loop: CPU 70C
Heaven 4.0 loop: GPU 72C average
Gaming: GPU 70-75C, CPU 65-75C

Current issue: GPU exhaust heating up rad while gaming, causes cpu temps to be higher than it should be.

Solution: I would probably be getting a barrow 2080ti strix block, as it has a slim 90 degree terminal to allow the strix waterblock to fit into the T1. This is the product:

I shouldn't have any issues with this block right?

I should be getting the aquanaut pump block + EK 3.2 DDC pump, with zmt tubing to a ST25 with 3x noctua A12x15, with one side in push pull. I will be including a fitting with a temp sensor for a aqua quadro. I will be getting custom unsleeved cables too from ray to tidy up the cable management and clear some space for the rad to breathe.

i am still waiting on the opportunity to get a 3080 fe since it's short with the bykski block, such that i can place a 120mm rad beside it with a slim fan. Would the aquanaut pump block + ek 3.2 ddc pump fit in 3 slot mode or must i go 2 slot?
Eyeballing that barrow block I would suspect it would fit in but suspect there will be 1-2mm bulge on the side panel in 2 slot GPU mode (Considering those stop plugs). I say that as my Bykski 5700xt block with rotary terminal touches the side panel when I use koolance low profile 90 fittings (20mm). Width would be fine in 3-slot - cayou find information on how much height it adds compared to the stock GPU?

Aquanaut + ek 3.2 will fit even in 3 slot GPU, even including heatsink that comes with the ek 3.2 elite. If you get the version without the heatsink, no dramas but I would run it at low power <40% PWM and perhaps consider buying a simple heatsink to be sure heat won’t become a problem.

+1 to Ray’s cables.

edit:first paragraph

cpt.bubbles

Cable Smoosher
Oct 18, 2020
I have a question:

I am currently debating between the following two settings for my H100i in the T1.

I've seen people use either orientation with their 240mm rads, but I'm not really sure which orientation I should go with.
Which would net me a cooler, or quieter CPU (or GPU if it affects that somehow)?
I already own enough fans for either setting and my CPU is a 3700x.
Advice from fellow T1 builders would be very appreciated :)

manoueltiger

Trash Compacter
Mar 10, 2020

If you are going with a 240mm radiator you need to use at least one slim fan, and in a lot of builds, you will have to use two slim fans.
The TX240 comes from XSPC, here is a link.
Are you going with an AIO cooling solution or a custom loop? Because all of those rads are for custom loops, but you mentioned AIOs in your post. The TX 240 is one of the better radiators you can use in this case from what I know, but the ST25 is not bad either. The ST30 will make the case bulge, so I don't recommend going with this one. The EK SE 240 Classic is also a good option.

oh sorry !
I made a mistake :)

Indeed, i want to make a custom loop :)
So I will take the HSPC, thank you very very much :)

edit :
WTTTTTF AMD !!!

So now can we discuss about putting a big navi card in this wonderful case my friends XD

Last edited:

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Just wanted to start the discussion of the new Radeon 6000 series cards for the FormD T1.

6800 - 2 slot GPU
6800XT and 6900XT - 2.5 slot GPU (per AMD)

Some notes regarding usage in the case:
  • All 3 cards are 267mm in length. DC-LT and 40 res are compatible once blocks are available - LINK
    • EK is a partner for water cooling both Radeon and Ryzen. - LINK
  • While the 6800 should fit no problem, 6800XT and 6900XT may require 3 slot mode (pictures from TPU). This could be problematic for those who would run a higher wattage processor as we'll be constrained to water cooling or air coolers like the Noctua L9A.
    • We can always remove the side panel if necessary. Makes me wonder how difficult it would be to make a slightly deeper side panel and sell it as an accessory. Could enable some cool combos like a 70mm CPU cooler with a 2.5/2.75 slot GPU (if that adapter ever goes on sale).
Hopefully, I can snag a 6800XT on November 18th, I'll do another writeup with pictures and benchmarks.

What a time to be a PC gamer.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
  • trim/ We can always remove the side panel if necessary. Makes me wonder how difficult it would be to make a slightly deeper side panel and sell it as an accessory. Could enable some cool combos like a 70mm CPU cooler with a 2.5/2.75 slot GPU (if that adapter ever goes on sale).
Hopefully, I can snag a 6800XT on November 18th, I'll do another writeup with pictures and benchmarks.

What a time to be a PC gamer.
You raise an interesting proposition here, you could do a stamped side panel, think like the inwin chopin top panel, gain 1cm in a stamped bulge type deal?

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
You raise an interesting proposition here, you could do a stamped side panel, think like the inwin chopin top panel, gain 1cm in a stamped bulge type deal?
Exactly, it would provide a bit more space for either (or both) the CPU cooler and GPU cooler. It's just an idea. For now, i'll be running the system with the side panel off IF the 6800XT does not fit with it on. If AIB's don't have a dual-slot version, then I may have to resort to water cooling, or try to buy a Radeon 6800 heatsink and swap it in.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Callback to the request upthread for a 2.5 slot mode in the T1. If ever there were reasons to do so, the FE 6800/6900 XTs appear to be it.

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
Is there a good alternative for the big, bulky and unruly ATX power cable in combination with a custom, hard loop? I know of PSLate's unsleeved ones, but lets be honest... 40,- for custom cables is a bit too much.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Is there a good alternative for the big, bulky and unruly ATX power cable in combination with a custom, hard loop? I know of PSLate's unsleeved ones, but lets be honest... 40,- for custom cables is a bit too much.
I wouldn't consider it too much at all, they are custom length matched to the cases, takes the guess work out for you. they are a quality product that are handmade, the demand is there and people pay it because its not too much.
If it is too much for you, your options are:
deal with the cables
try etsy, you may save $10
learn to make them yourself (its actually pre easy) but this requires the purchase of the equipment required and therefore will cost more. you could cheap out here and buy crimps and new ferals and shorten your OEM cables, this also works and ive done this before also.

the effort and time required though, the pslate cables IMO are worth their cost.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I got myself a J-Hack M2426 to replace the 24-pin cable, that IMO is the ultimate hack and more effective than any custom cables

jad_tv

Caliper Novice
Dec 27, 2016
I guess odds are low, but has anyone had a chance to personally compare the H100i and EK 240 AIO in terms of pump noise? Unfortunately, I can hear my H100i's pump on quiet mode from across the room while idling, and it's not the sound of bubbles. I have a replacement on the way to see if mine is just defective, but am already looking into other options in case it's the same...
Otherwise, I'm in love with the case. It feels more solid and precise than the kickstarter Ghost S1 I'm coming from. The corners of the side panels stick out a bit and are sharp, but that's the only issue I've noticed. Highly recommend ordering magnets - working with the case is much more relaxed with the magnets holding the side panels. I was an idiot while putting the case together and scratched my monitor because a side panel fell :(

• Sad
Reactions: DrHudacris

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
Eyeballing that barrow block I would suspect it would fit in but suspect there will be 1-2mm bulge on the side panel in 2 slot GPU mode (Considering those stop plugs). I say that as my Bykski 5700xt block with rotary terminal touches the side panel when I use koolance low profile 90 fittings (20mm). Width would be fine in 3-slot - cayou find information on how much height it adds compared to the stock GPU?

Aquanaut + ek 3.2 will fit even in 3 slot GPU, even including heatsink that comes with the ek 3.2 elite. If you get the version without the heatsink, no dramas but I would run it at low power <40% PWM and perhaps consider buying a simple heatsink to be sure heat won’t become a problem.

+1 to Ray’s cables.

edit:first paragraph

There should not be an issue with the side panel with this block and terminal. As you can see from the photo there are ports that exit out of the side, so that should clear the panels even in 2 slot. The 90 degree terminal adds around 8mm to the width of the card, so it should still be under 140mm i think:

Good to know about the aquanaut. Darn thing is out of stock! will wait for it to be in stock again.

matique

Caliper Novice
Oct 28, 2020
I guess odds are low, but has anyone had a chance to personally compare the H100i and EK 240 AIO in terms of pump noise? Unfortunately, I can hear my H100i's pump on quiet mode from across the room while idling, and it's not the sound of bubbles. I have a replacement on the way to see if mine is just defective, but am already looking into other options in case it's the same...
Otherwise, I'm in love with the case. It feels more solid and precise than the kickstarter Ghost S1 I'm coming from. The corners of the side panels stick out a bit and are sharp, but that's the only issue I've noticed. Highly recommend ordering magnets - working with the case is much more relaxed with the magnets holding the side panels. I was an idiot while putting the case together and scratched my monitor because a side panel fell :(

FWIW i do not hear my ek pump even at 70% speed. At 90% it is audible though,but i don't run it at that speed.