Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

samuye

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 23, 2020
Here is my build of T1

Incl.
- Intel 10600K ES
- MSI Z490i Unify
- Corsair LPX 3600 32Gx2
- Corsair SF750 PSU
- Alphacool LT240
- EK3.2 PWM + Alphacool 1U
- EK Velocity POM
- Samsung 970 EVO 1T
- ASUS 5700XT
- NF-A12x15 PWMx2

Waiting for 11th Intel CPU and RTX 30xx GPU

lampree

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2020
What's the advantage in using the 3 slot configuration with a 2 slot gpu? As far as thermals go, aio compatibility, etc? @Navic I think I remember you setting yours up this way originally with the white pcie slot cover

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
PLEASE stop trying to help. You don't have the answers and you are making things WORSE.

I am working with Wahaha360 and have a direct line to him.

I have asked you politely twice now.

@PKAWA I will bring this to his attention and see if he has seen the email. Did you include photos?

@deeeeeeeeee i will ask him to look out for your email too

Yes, I've send the mail including pictures to support@formdworks.com 20-08-2020 14:05
I have also send him a direct message. Thanks for bringing it to his attention.

deeeeeeeeee

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2020
PLEASE stop trying to help. You don't have the answers and you are making things WORSE.

I am working with Wahaha360 and have a direct line to him.

I have asked you politely twice now.

@PKAWA I will bring this to his attention and see if he has seen the email. Did you include photos?

@deeeeeeeeee i will ask him to look out for your email too
@gwertheim thank you, i appreciate the help. looking forward to hear from your team soon!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Yes me too, I've build my case in the 3 slot variant because I am certain it will be around that size. Meanwhile I've sold my 1080TI today, so it's going to be a long wait....
Tried to cram it in my case by deshrouding it yesterday but came like 3mm short. The heatpipe was banging against the middle support strut of the front cover, and was keeping it from standing upright so the clamp on the rear could not be screwed into place. Sucked because I really thought I was on to something by deshrouding the damn thing :)

Last edited:

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
I've tried searching, and I'm certain it's been mentioned... but has anyone actually tested the thermal difference the psu orientation makes?

Is having it flipped really not worth the trouble it can save if it allows you to mount an extra fan underneath the radiator?

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
I've tried searching, and I'm certain it's been mentioned... but has anyone actually tested the thermal difference the psu orientation makes?

Is having it flipped really not worth the trouble it can save if it allows you to mount an extra fan underneath the radiator?

While I do not have any numbers for thermals, the idea behind the flipped PSU is two fold. First, you get more clearance on the bottom of the radiator for another 15 or 25mm fan without cables to deal with. The 2nd is that the "back" of the PSU has perforations that allows some intake of fresh air from the outside of the case (through the side panel) into the radiator. Now, how much it actually helps, I do not know, but that seems to be the reasons why a flipped PSU config is considered "better".

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
What's the advantage in using the 3 slot configuration with a 2 slot gpu? As far as thermals go, aio compatibility, etc? @Navic I think I remember you setting yours up this way originally with the white pcie slot cover
There is no huge advantage for using a 2 slot GPU in 3 slot mode. The only reason I did it is because when I upgrade my GPU, I wanted it to be as easy as possible, because I want to get the biggest card that will fit in this case.
There could be some benefits though. In theory, you are giving the AIO a bit more room to get fresh air, and you can also install a slim 15mm fan or two blowing onto the GPU to help M.2/GPU/CPU thermals. I've done that recently, you can read about it here.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

It IS worth the trouble especially if you use stock cables which are too long and clutter up the space between the PSU and the radiator in default PSU orientation. On my system CPU temps dropped by 3-4C by just flipping the PSU, all the cable mess stashed at the bottom (my case is flipped so radiator is on top), and there's a good clearance for the fan on the radiator to draw air in from the mesh panel

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
As there is a white one now it seems as if you have to buy another one ?

@Wahaha360
As I never found a definite answer: will the new colours have the mesh coloured accordingly or is the mesh still black only?

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris