Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Say @fabio, I just thought of something I'd like your input on.
Back when the DAN-A4 was being conceived, lots of people were looking for workarounds around the difficulty of having so few compatible CPU cooling solutions.
One solution that a few people figured out was to replace the MB standoffs with shorter ones, switching from the official ATX 7mm standoffs to 4mm standoffs. Sure, that would rape any secondary SSD on the back of the MB airflow-wise, but that's a small price to pay.
Would shaving 3mm off the height of the MB help in unlocking additional AIOs which were previously mentioned?
Surely this could open new build possibilities by allowing the CPU/MB/PSU to rest in the most constricted slot, thus enabling more room for gear on the GPU side, and vice versa?

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Say @fabio, I just thought of something I'd like your input on.
Back when the DAN-A4 was being conceived, lots of people were looking for workarounds around the difficulty of having so few compatible CPU cooling solutions.
One solution that a few people figured out was to replace the MB standoffs with shorter ones, switching from the official ATX 7mm standoffs to 4mm standoffs. Sure, that would rape any secondary SSD on the back of the MB airflow-wise, but that's a small price to pay.
Would shaving 3mm off the height of the MB help in unlocking additional AIOs which were previously mentioned?
Surely this could open new build possibilities by allowing the CPU/MB/PSU to rest in the most constricted slot, thus enabling more room for gear on the GPU side, and vice versa?

this does looks interesting because everything fits so tightly inside, barely any space between components and side panel

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
MOD BREAK:
Troll has been warned, don't feed trolls, they live off of your anger and frustration. In the future please use the report function instead of replying.

As @Phuncz said above, but also this a more direct request to everyone - please keep a friendly athmosphere in here.

I have clicked through a few pages and unfortunately there have been several posts that shouldn't belong in here. Trolling, unfriendly and in some cases which could be seen as attacks. That stuff isn't welcome here at all - leave that somewhere else.

This is a friendly and open community. Everyone has different opinions about everything, and that is fine. But having constructive critism is one thing and crossing the line is another.

Lastly, as my fellow modder mentioned above - please use the report button in the future rather than replying. Due to this will stop fueling certain trolling and uncalled/unnecessary personal attacks. But it will also come to us in the moderation team and we will then make the correct and effective action towards the case in question.

Which will leave everyone happy in the end and keep doing what everyone in here loves to do; interact with everyone regarding a common interest in the SFF community. Since this is what this forum is all about.

Keep it friendly everyone and enjoy! :)

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
BTW, I've checked the Eisbaer LT Pump to see if there was any issue because of the low flow with it in the loop.

Well, it turned out that the CPU block is super dirty and all the fins are blocked! That's why!.

BUT, that was the FIRST TIME I was using it, and all the other parts were flushed and cleaned from the last months of use.

Pretty bad IMO and bad QC, so, just to be sure, OPEN your Eisbaer LT block before to install it! ?

@fabio how did you get the black plastic part off of the microfins? I took mine apart too to clean it and I can't get that part off.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. Just had to use a little force with some tweezers. Sorry.

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
The only cheapest part of the entire box, accessories, case etc, are the thumb screws ?
Any idea where I can buy a 14k Gold Thumbscrew as an option? I could settle for a diamond encrusted version if I can find it. Nothing but the best for my future T1 case! ?

• Haha
Reactions: aexeq

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Formdworks site says shipping to over 80 countries worldwide. Is there a list somewhere? just want to make sure it does ship to my country, if i manage to buy one. and YES i have used the search button.

thatcatpusheen

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2019
very novice water cooling guy, but i did add my take on a t-splitter to my loop-

i can already tell that it's going to be too tall in this configuration for the top panel in the T1 though, so i'll either have to swap it out for the chubby t-block that bitspower offers (2mm shorter at 24mm), swap it out for a different brand's t-fitting, or have to take a different approach to it entirely.

one thing to keep in mind (and this is what killed me since i was going back towards the panel) is that the ports aren't at the 25mm height, but actually at about 23mm.

Is that having the t-splitter on the radiator? Can't exactly tell from the photo. I was kinda thinking of putting it somewhere near the bottom of the loop on the GPU side but it's hard to imagine without having the case in hand.

graemeduncan

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2020
graemeduncan.co
Is that having the t-splitter on the radiator? Can't exactly tell from the photo. I was kinda thinking of putting it somewhere near the bottom of the loop on the GPU side but it's hard to imagine without having the case in hand.
I was thinking of having it connected to the rad at the top so you can just tilt the case or whatever when draining etc. Agreed on the photo though I wasn't sure where this actually was. OP can you take some wider shots so we can see where your T splitter is? Thanks!

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
yes, it's on the radiator. port to 90 degree extension into 5mm extension into 90 degree extension into t block into low profile stop fitting, and then a low profile (16.6mm) compression coming out of the t block (all non-rotary). as previously mentioned- it's going to, at minimum, bulge the top panel on the t1, so the configuration is going to have to change long-term. i'm really going to be playing a game of millimeters in 3-4 different spots to make this short tubing run work though, so i'll wait until the t1 is in hand to make sure i'm not just burning more money on fittings for an idea that won't work.

in terms of the functionality t-block itself- it's probably not an ideal solution, but for what i wanted (being able to maintain the loop without dealing with the port on the cpu block) it's worked out about as expected. here's what it looked like when i popped the cap off after 2 weeks of normal use (this was filled to the threads prior)-

Lordsteven

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 18, 2020
When going through the website I noticed the front panel lid with what looks like a usb-c and another port/button of some sort (I can't tell). Can someone explain to me what it is or direct me to the post explaining it. Thank you:)

Also great work wahaha and everyone who's helped this project this far

graemeduncan

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2020
graemeduncan.co
yes, it's on the radiator. port to 90 degree extension into 5mm extension into 90 degree extension into t block into low profile stop fitting, and then a low profile (16.6mm) compression coming out of the t block (all non-rotary). as previously mentioned- it's going to, at minimum, bulge the top panel on the t1, so the configuration is going to have to change long-term. i'm really going to be playing a game of millimeters in 3-4 different spots to make this short tubing run work though, so i'll wait until the t1 is in hand to make sure i'm not just burning more money on fittings for an idea that won't work.

in terms of the functionality t-block itself- it's probably not an ideal solution, but for what i wanted (being able to maintain the loop without dealing with the port on the cpu block) it's worked out about as expected. here's what it looked like when i popped the cap off after 2 weeks of normal use (this was filled to the threads prior)-
Ahhhh I see what you've done! I like that idea. Will be super tight so we'll definitely need to test a few configurations once we get our T1s.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
When going through the website I noticed the front panel lid with what looks like a usb-c and another port/button of some sort (I can't tell). Can someone explain to me what it is or direct me to the post explaining it. Thank you:)

Also great work wahaha and everyone who's helped this project this far
USB-C and SD Card ports