Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
Ideally you want to use the second or third one, more clean and avoids harming to the wire, but just using the screw into the wire is okay

Actually this one would be the correct one for this kind of screw terminals. Type FC is for the screw terminals on power supplies like the ones from Meanwell. Type FS / FIS for switches, MB and FB or FS / FIS and MS to be able to connect two wires, BC and HSB to permanently crimp together two wires. I've only seen RC being used for grounding.

I frowned at that for entirely too long before I got it. Then I laughed for entirely too long.

Credit goes to AvE ;)

Reactions: maped

motionlord

Case Bender
New User
Jun 2, 2020
www.motionlord.com
As soon as this beauty T1 arrives (I i will manage to order it) I will convert my watercooled H200i 9900KS dual RTX 2080 Ti to this case. I hope that if I undervolt a bit both GPU's and i9. it will work.
Anyone have some experience with this kind of loop on LT240? AFAIK Eisbaer LT solo from that loop should do the job, little on the edge but hey!
I will post updates with photos then. Ehhh. I will even make a video on the build. Maybe some of you will find it useful :)

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
Filling my basket right now and I'm wondering if there is enough space to put the second M.2 at the back of the B450-i Strix. Does someone from the testers of the 1st batch already said something to this? Also temperature could be a problem if you fully water-cool the system and there is no addtional fan / heatsink at the rear M2 slot of the b450-i strix.

• Sad
Reactions: Gerold

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Unfortunately, I wont be able to get these Koolance low profile fittings shipped to me at any reasonable price (~50$ shipping on Koolance website).
I was planning to replace the chipset cooler on the Gigabyte with some proper passive heatsink. Maybe that could get me some space up top for normal 90° fittings
well, that sucks. . . .Hmm, I may need to pay the ridiculous koolance shipping prices as noted by @0x3F2D above, as these are 19.5mm
Don’t know if any of you guys are in the US, but you can get those from Performance-PCs.

https://www.performance-pcs.com/wat...ing-low-profile-single-black-nzl-lxg2-bk.html

https://www.performance-pcs.com/wat...-angled-barb-for-id-10mm-3-8-nzl-l10b-bk.html

https://www.performance-pcs.com/wat...vel-angled-barb-for-id-10mm-3-8-nzl-l10b.html

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Apparently the EK does fit with slim fans..
as it's 28mm thick, it should theoretically fit, but at least if you use 15mm fans, it will definitely not be easy to put it all together.
even with my 27mm thick radiator, it took some work. There are multiple other 240mm AIOs that should fit more easily than the EK 240.

Reactions: kazuma86

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Filling my basket right now and I'm wondering if there is enough space to put the second M.2 at the back of the B450-i Strix. Does someone from the testers of the 1st batch already said something to this? Also temperature could be a problem if you fully water-cool the system and there is no addtional fan / heatsink at the rear M2 slot of the b450-i strix.
My current system in the T1 has two m.2 drives, one 2TB Sata drive in the front slot (because that's the only sata compatible m.2 slot on the b450-i) and a 250gb NVME m.2 on the back of the motherboard. What I found is that the drive usually heats up with the GPU, meaning that whatever the GPU temperature is, the m.2 isn't too far off, but usually a few degrees cooler
When idle, the drive is fine and sits around 55c, but when gaming or using the GPU, it can easily reach the high 70s. I've seen it in the low 80s a few times as well, but usually it's in the 72c-78c range.
If the drive has a heat skin on it, there's a high possibility that it won't fit, because the drive is right up against the riser cable, and the GPU backplate is close, if not touching, the riser

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
My current system in the T1 has two m.2 drives, one 2TB Sata drive in the front slot (because that's the only sata compatible m.2 slot on the b450-i) and a 250gb NVME m.2 on the back of the motherboard. What I found is that the drive usually heats up with the GPU, meaning that whatever the GPU temperature is, the m.2 isn't too far off, but usually a few degrees cooler
When idle, the drive is fine and sits around 55c, but when gaming or using the GPU, it can easily reach the high 70s. I've seen it in the low 80s a few times as well, but usually it's in the 72c-78c range.
If the drive has a heat skin on it, there's a high possibility that it won't fit, because the drive is right up against the riser cable, and the GPU backplate is close, if not touching, the riser
Yeah, its a pain man(I tried 3 m.2 heatsinks off Amazon -Alphacool, EK, & forgot other one). I added thermal pads connecting it to back of mobo. Then thermal pad on top of m.2 then copper heatsink and another thermal pad. It got it down to barely 70c if it is really stressed controller can go to 80c. But before that ouf. It would get hot. Now, if GPU is not max OC in a game really stressed then no worries when windows file transferring or moving files for scratch editing. I use the main C drive for everything and try to use 2nd M.2 2TB as a hdd or extra storage if you will. If I had a z490i strix then I would be happy to see if that helps the m.2s and chipset remain cooler. I really rather not go out of my way and double side tape a 40mm noctua fan on front and somehow by gpu for rear side m.2. If needed we'll see once I get my t1 right now this is all in a ghost.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
and you aren't kidding. i'm just some weekend booger-picking hobbiest, and i still managed to spend something like $200 on tubing / foam / various tapes / sorbothane that last time i was on the site because it was all so easily accessible and the information so detailed (+ they practically have your order boxed up by the time you submit it).

Good design can be a dangerous thing. ;)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Dapoktan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2019
so if I used a 500gb m.2 as my main drive and a 1tb m.2 on the back of the mobo as my games drive, will I have heat issues if I'm running a game for a couple of hours? Are the heat issues for the back m.2 drive really bad?

The benchmarks I've seen so far in this thread didnt seem like the drives were under too much heat but I dont know how much these tests stress the storage