Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SoulButter

Chassis Packer
Mar 12, 2020
G.skill trident Z. I shouldn't have a problem with a 2 slot card, but I'd consider leaving the side panel off to get the tubing to fit until I get one lol. I have some other ideas, but will wait for more feedback from test shippers. Worst case scenario I switch to LPX memory from Corsair.
Trident Z has a height of 44mm, in the 3-slot config there is 50mm of CPU clearance so it should be fine.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
G.skill trident Z. I shouldn't have a problem with a 2 slot card, but I'd consider leaving the side panel off to get the tubing to fit until I get one lol. I have some other ideas, but will wait for more feedback from test shippers. Worst case scenario I switch to LPX memory from Corsair.

Trident Z has a height of 44mm, in the 3-slot config there is 50mm of CPU clearance so it should be fine.

A small point to note that a CPU on it's socket is 8mm above the PCB surface, whereas the bottom of the DIMM slot is 3mm above the PCB surface. What this means is a CPU cooler height clearance of 50mm means a RAM module height clearance of 55mm.

Pic to illustrate:

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019

Take a look at my build, have almost the same only with a 120 instead of 240. I routed both tubes trough the bottom. Using 8/11 tubes.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/formd-t1-sidearmd-cnc-aio-9-5l.9933/post-192567

Reactions: threestripevida

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
How exactly do you mount the 240aio? The fan and radiator won't fit together under the fan mounting rail but it will fit if the rails aren't used. Then when the rails aren't used the radiator doesn't have anywhere to mount to so it just wobbles around on the bottom.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
How exactly do you mount the 240aio? The fan and radiator won't fit together under the fan mounting rail but it will fit if the rails aren't used. Then when the rails aren't used the radiator doesn't have anywhere to mount to so it just wobbles around on the bottom.

There are two sets of Fan Bracket, use the low profile Fan Bracket under the motherboard. 15mm Slim Fan + LT240 will work.

Reactions: PBJ

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Regarding space behind the GPU & PSU for the GPU power cables, I had to move the cable combs further away so that I could "flatten" the cables in-between the two.

I can't seem to get any AIO Pump reporting from the LT240 on my B450 Strix. It just shows as 0 rpm the whole time, is that normal? To me the pump sound is quite loud and I'm just thinking it might be running at 100% all of the time. AI Suite 3 shows some controls, but moving them around doesn't change the sound or pitch. I have tried bleeding it more but only got a tiny amount of air out after 30 minutes of rocking/shaking/rotating the case with the pump running.

Checking CoreTemp and HWInfo, the CPU temperature is jumping from 38C-49C every 3-5 seconds while idle. So something is very odd...

Anyone else with a B450 and LT240?
You can change the fan control option in the monitor settings. Change it DC and this will allow you control the pump speed in Qfan. But 60% is the minimum you can set it. Took me a little while but I found it in my strix x570.

Reactions: Gerold

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Here are some quick shots of my current build.
Running a 3700x and Asus 2070 super.
Cooling with Alphacool lt120 with custom tubes.

Temperatures are pretty good, 30-40c idle, around 60 while gaming, running prime95 pushes it to 70-80.

Gpu temps are also fine, 60-65 while gaming.

Im planning on going 3 slot mode also. Want enough room for a beefy gpu.

Dreamcatcher

Efficiency Noob
Apr 1, 2020
There are two sets of Fan Bracket, use the low profile Fan Bracket under the motherboard. 15mm Slim Fan + LT240 will work.

I was looking at Ghost S1 and came across FormD T1 from Optimum Tech @ Youtube and I am in love with this one. I am in Asia/Pakistan to be specific. FormD works website is asking for a password so does that mean no more Pre-orders right now?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I was looking at Ghost S1 and came across FormD T1 from Optimum Tech @ Youtube and I am in love with this one. I am in Asia/Pakistan to be specific. FormD works website is asking for a password so does that mean no more Pre-orders right now?

Please refer to the first page, the website is not finished as of now.
For now only CN/HK people can order via QQ. :)

Reactions: Dreamcatcher

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I feel so lucky to be in China rn. Already got my t1. Though one minor annoyance is cable management but that's totally on my part for being a crappy cable manager. Also, the rgb of the forum is really hurting my eyes is there a way to turn it off?

theForerunner

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 29, 2020
I feel so lucky to be in China rn. Already got my t1. Though one minor annoyance is cable management but that's totally on my part for being a crappy cable manager. Also, the rgb of the forum is really hurting my eyes is there a way to turn it off?
There's a button in the bottom left corner of the page with 'RGB' in default, click it and you can switch the style in the pop-up window.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
not sure if this has been answered already, as I try to keep up to date with all the posts in this thread, but I might have missed it, but does anybody have any idea what those are for?
They are to help with fitting your mesh side panels securely against the frame. If you don't use them, you will be able to press the panels inward in certain locations when everything is put together.

See this pic of my build for example:

I'm using both a white version (at the bottom) and a black version (closer to the top) to keep my panels rigid.

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
I’m completely overlooked your build because it looked like you had the 2 spot config lol. Total brain fart on my end. Do you have more pics on how you routed the tubes? And which tubes you used?

Here are some close up shots. As you can see, I routed the tubes under the psu, 1 to the left of the plugs, 1 to the right, and then squeezed between the psu and front of the case. This way there’s only 2 bends and easy to place and remove.

Tubing I used was: Tygon R3400 - 8MM ID - 11.2MM OD - Black

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Here are some close up shots. As you can see, I routed the tubes under the psu, 1 to the left of the plugs, 1 to the right, and then squeezed between the psu and front of the case. This way there’s only 2 bends and easy to place and remove.

Tubing I used was: Tygon R3400 - 8MM ID - 11.2MM OD - Black

Thank you so much! Which fittings are you using on your pump block?
This the only source I could find in the US for that tubing if anyone was curious. So, if someone wants some tubing if I order it I'll have some extra since I don't think I will need 50ft of this stuff.

Last edited: