Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

the1q

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
A lifted stand for vertical orientation would be pretty cool...as an add-on after initial production. Being able to flip the case upside down would also help with place on the desk and keep the side you want show off oriented correctly.

Lunesta

Efficiency Noob
Jun 3, 2019
So one thing I am wondering about. Theoretically, if the spine could be moved to only accommodate a single slot gpu what would the cpu cooler clearance be? This would be the approach if one where to water cool the gpu and air cool the cpu. I get that the routing for the gpu tubes wouldn't be the best but I figured it'd be pretty interesting. No case is going to come out to support that kind of setup, but a modular case as this one might pull it off.

Given that the max cpu cooler height changes from 48mm to 70mm by moving the spine, it might not be too much of a stretch to say that the setup above would accommodate 90mm cpu cooler height. I honestly don't know if there is a market for that and doubt it'd outcool a 240 aio on cpu and a fat 3 slot gpu.

Also I do have one question for wahaha, in the three slot gpu configuration, how much width is there available for the gpu exactly? Would a card with accelero iii and 15mm noctuas fit? I think it'd be around 55mm wide, including the gpu pcb.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Is there any hope of being able to cram a bifurcated, or M.2 adapted 2nd PCIe card into here with the 3-slot layout?
Ie, a 2-slot GPU with a NIC or capture card behind it?
Screw it. Single slot WCed GPU, 10Gb/s NIC, and a 4K60 capture card, with the in-development LowPro DDC block/pump combo and a 240mm rad cooling the CPU/GPU.
Make it happen.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So one thing I am wondering about. Theoretically, if the spine could be moved to only accommodate a single slot gpu what would the cpu cooler clearance be? This would be the approach if one where to water cool the gpu and air cool the cpu. I get that the routing for the gpu tubes wouldn't be the best but I figured it'd be pretty interesting.
Usually GPU waterblocks have the ports perpendicular to the face of the card, so the fittings project out from it and effectively make the card take up 2+ slots of space. So unless you can find one that has the ports on the top, this seems more like a theoretical exercise than a practical one.

Also many cards have a port on the second slot, so that's another factor to consider.

Reactions: Lunesta and rfarmer

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Usually GPU waterblocks have the ports perpendicular to the face of the card, so the fittings project out from it and effectively make the card take up 2+ slots of space. So unless you can find one that has the ports on the top, this seems more like a theoretical exercise than a practical one.

Also many cards have a port on the second slot, so that's another factor to consider.

So what you're saying is that there shouldn't be any problem with mounting x2 single-slot GPUs with a PCIe bifurcated riser as long as you leave the 3rd slot open for tube routing?
Too late, I'm holding you to it! If someone tries it and it doesn't work, it's on you!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is there any hope of being able to cram a bifurcated, or M.2 adapted 2nd PCIe card into here with the 3-slot layout?
Ie, a 2-slot GPU with a NIC or capture card behind it?
Screw it. Single slot WCed GPU, 10Gb/s NIC, and a 4K60 capture card, with the in-development LowPro DDC block/pump combo and a 240mm rad cooling the CPU/GPU.
Make it happen.

I’m testing 2 Slot GPU + 1 Slot Capture cars configuration now.

That’s the setup I planned for a friend who streams.

The issue is the need for a *Flexible Bifurcation Riser Cable, a *PCB Bifurcation Riser cable is a lot more stable.

Reactions: AMv8-1day

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019

Straight from Germany. The Alphacool bulk box that fits 4 LT 240 is pretty snazzy packaging. Now I just need some Noctua fans, a motherboard, cpu, and gpu to go with this beautiful case. Any more teasers for preorders or how Prototype 2 is going?

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Is sand/glassblasted allu ore exspensive then just anodizing it?

I would love just having the whole thing naturally sandblasted. And then having the two tone for premium. But I know dark/black is popular so I get why you can't satisfied everyone. :)

PS.
I also would like the front plate being one piece when it's just one tone. But that's not gonna change .

Keep up the great work.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360

The Barrowch website lists that radiator as being 30mm thick - I thought 25mm was the max height for the rad in this case?

The aluminum mounting bracket on this radiator can come off, so it could fit inside the T1 with a custom mounting bracket.

If the performance made sense, we were planning to make a custom brackets to adapt this radiator, but the performance didn't move the needle, at least not with the Alphacool LT pump.

Reactions: OtackKulandinglar

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Created an account to say: While this is a beautiful case, making it compatible with exactly one radiator is a mistake. I know you're extremely attached to keeping things in "the golden ratio," but refusing to add 5mm of height to include compatibility for nearly every other slim rad on the market makes this case much less attractive in the long run. I can't see investing in something so niche that I'm beholden to a single company to provide the necessary part to make it work, and all to make it line up with a debatable theory of aesthetics.

You've clearly thought a lot about it, and it shows in your design. Every other aspect of the case is enticing, but I'd seriously reconsider locking yourself into one product that makes, or breaks the utility of your project.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Created an account to say: While this is a beautiful case, making it compatible with exactly one radiator is a mistake. I know you're extremely attached to keeping things in "the golden ratio," but refusing to add 5mm of height to include compatibility for nearly every other slim rad on the market makes this case much less attractive in the long run. I can't see investing in something so niche that I'm beholden to a single company to provide the necessary part to make it work, and all to make it line up with a debatable theory of aesthetics.

You've clearly thought a lot about it, and it shows in your design. Every other aspect of the case is enticing, but I'd seriously reconsider locking yourself into one product that makes, or breaks the utility of your project.

I understand why people feel that way, it’s been brought up many times.

The case is design to support 120mm radiator. The 240mm support is a bonus, doesn’t make sense to change the design for something extra.

If you really want the standard 240x27-30mm support, there is the Ghost, C4 and a bunch of cases on Taobao / Aliexpress that offers said compatibility.

Last edited:

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018

The case is design to support 120mm radiator. The 240mm support is a bonus, doesn’t make sense to change the design for something extra.

If you really want the standard 240x27-30mm support, there is the Ghost, C4 and a bunch of cases on Taobao / Aliexpress that offers said compatibility.

Is the case compatible with the 240 rad on top with the GPU being right side up?

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019

The C4 doesn't fit large GPUs, and is (as far as anyone can tell) dead for the foreseeable future. The Ghost/Taobao/Aliexpress offerings are clearly not in the same class. I was excited about your project specifically because it fills a void in the premium space, and I doubt that anyone would argue that your case isn't more attractive, and better constructed than any other available option. It's because of this that people are bound to be confused about your choice to handcuff the design in exchange for so little gain. You're designing an expensive product that will at best constrain everyone to the same design/build choices, and at worst obsolete itself as soon as the clutch component becomes unavailable, or difficult to acquire.

You may also want to chat with OptimumTech, as his video states that the case is being designed to support all 240mm AIOs. If you choose to push forward with your current track, it needs to be made very clear that the buyer's options are severely limited. I understand you have a vision, and it's entirely up to you how to execute it. I don't expect to change your mind. I'm just here to play devil's advocate, and add one to the tally that will not buy it in its current state.

Last edited:

iRebel

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2019

I appreciate the dedication to keeping the case dimensions in golden ratio. I think it will make it beautiful.

The attention to detail is also impressive!

Thank you for working on such a wonderful product. I am looking forward to building in the case.

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018

How many different AIO coolers can we use on the Dan A4? Has that been a successful case design?

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
I think a confusion here is that the T1 doesn't seem to be built around a 240 radiator, the fact that you can squeeze one in is just a bonus. They did testing and found no real benefit to most 240 AIO/CLC compared to the high quality 120s so proceeded with the intention of users going that route for water cooling. If you WANT to do a 240, you CAN, but there are strict limitations. If I recall this was also supposed to be a small prototype case in order to provide training for the manufacturer, essentially. Not a huge mass market thing that meets all needs of all buyers. It is intentionally niche. That is the best I can do at a TLDR of this thread as an interested purchaser.