FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
So I did some research and ended up the same solution. I used the card with a m.2 to pcie cable, and at the beginning it shows up in the thunderbolt control panel but because I don't have a thunderbolt device to test and any regular type c device just won't work, I unplugged the card and it never shows up again. I've seen someone saying the card driver version after 23 won't allow jump wire, and mine is 50. I'm curious what version are you using and do you have issues using regular type-c devices or any hot plug issues?

I don't have the card anymore. It was between 10G SFP+ NIC and TB3. I use 10G more, so sold off TB3 card.

Only have a 10G to TB3 NIC(Which is already in another machine) and a external SSD as TB3 devices.

Reactions: altair0319

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
do you actually have some sort of tb3 header? if not I'm curious how does it really support tb3 without a header...
Yes, the Gigabyte X570 has a USB-C / TB3 connector at the back. The BIOS does indeed indicate to support TB3. I'll grab a screenshot from my BIOS.

cong

Case Bender
New User
Sep 29, 2020
Apologies for asking such a beginner question but when you fill the loop, was your GPU plugged in?

altair0319

Cable Smoosher
Jun 5, 2020
Yes, the Gigabyte X570 has a USB-C / TB3 connector at the back. The BIOS does indeed indicate to support TB3. I'll grab a screenshot from my BIOS.
That’s interesting, it’s not listed on the paper. A screenshot would be much appreciated, I may need to switch to it if it’s true...

taquito

Caliper Novice
Aug 7, 2020
@fabio quick question: I saw in another thread you are using the Aquanaut now. I’m assuming in order to make space for the extra radiator. However if I’d like to run a bifurcated build (GFX + additional pcie card), but have no desire for 2 radiators. Am I better of with the EK magnitude + separate pump res combo or would you still recommend the aquanaut?

my concerns are mostly a quiet build that doesn’t overheat.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio quick question: I saw in another thread you are using the Aquanaut now. I’m assuming in order to make space for the extra radiator. However if I’d like to run a bifurcated build (GFX + additional pcie card), but have no desire for 2 radiators. Am I better of with the EK magnitude + separate pump res combo or would you still recommend the aquanaut?

my concerns are mostly a quiet build that doesn’t overheat.
Depends always from the CPU, but in general they are equivalent in this case, I think mostly because in a GPU-CPU loop is the radiator the physical limit.

I will still prefer always a separate block and res/pump if is there the possibilities!

Reactions: taquito

brosephStalin

Chassis Packer
Oct 30, 2020
@fabio Do you have any temperature stats under load that you can post? Wondering how well the 240mm slim rad w/slim fans cools your entire setup. I'm building a similar sff build in an sm570. Thanks!

brosephStalin

Chassis Packer
Oct 30, 2020
@fabio Do you have any temperature stats under load that you can post? Wondering how well the 240mm slim rad w/slim fans cools your entire setup. I'm building a similar sff build in an sm570. Thanks!

Nevermind - sorry I'm a NOOB here & didn't see there were 20+ pages on this thread! Thanks for the work & I'm loving some of these parts recommendations.

justkeevin

Chassis Packer
Sep 8, 2021
Very inspirational! Curious if you have the dimensions of your Magic Cube and DDC 1T Plus? I'm still looking at pump options. I could easily use the DC LT 2 with the Eissation 40 DC LT but I fear it's not powerful enough. So I'm looking at a small SFF friendly DDC pump/top combo.

Planning a build in the Q58 and with my current GPU, I'll have roughly 55mm of space between the end of the GPU and case.

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
The build is great but why not use Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm radiator V.2? It is so much easier to drain with it

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
The build is great but why not use Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm radiator V.2? It is so much easier to drain with it
Maybe because 1st alphacool and 2nd 30mm?
Usually 30mm rads wont fit on top of the T1 without modding the fans.

But in all honesty, this thread is almost two years old. He did a few iterations just to figure out what's possible. He got some of the parts provided by EK and made some bad experiences with alphacool QC. Not even sure the V2 was out at that time.

Last edited:

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Maybe because 1st alphacool and 2nd 30mm?
Usually 30mm rads wont fit on top of the T1 without modding the fans.

But in all honesty, this thread is almost two years old. He did a few iterations just to figure out what's possible. He got some of the parts provided by EK and made some bad experiences with alphacool QC. Not even sure the V2 was out at that time.
Sure. No problem mate. Just asking for an improvement if this fittable or not. Apologize if I sounded rude