FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Congratulations! Excellent build!

If you have some time, I’d be grateful if you can share details on how the rewiring if the Apogee Drive can be don, so that it has only a 4 pin plug instead of the stock 4pin and molex. I’m using it in my build and if I can retire it like that it would be great (my motherboard has a 3A header which should be more than enough to power it and control it).
Sure!!! Basically, you have to place the black and yellow cable inside the fan connector.
InkedIMG-2105_LI.jpg
You need: (The brands are just an example, I have them and I am super happy, but feel free to buy similar tool with no problem!)

Scissors (to cut the two cables)

Wire stripper
The fan terminal https://www.cable-sleeving.com/crimp-terminal-fan-female

And a crimping tool https://www.cable-sleeving.com/crimping-tool

And you place the 2 crimped wire inside the existing fan connector were the blue and green cable are already in.

Of course, if you want to sleeve them, or make them shorter, you have to do the same or all the wires.

Here one video as example!

jay8ee

Chassis Packer
Mar 21, 2020
I am confused about how you've used the bifurcation and the ADT riser together. Would you be able to share some more details on that?

I tried to find the R33L ok on the ADT site to get some pics, but I couldn't find it.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Sure!!! Basically, you have to place the black and yellow cable inside the fan connector.
View attachment 531
You need: (The brands are just an example, I have them and I am super happy, but feel free to buy similar tool with no problem!)

Scissors (to cut the two cables)

Wire stripper
The fan terminal https://www.cable-sleeving.com/crimp-terminal-fan-female

And a crimping tool https://www.cable-sleeving.com/crimping-tool

And you place the 2 crimped wire inside the existing fan connector were the blue and green cable are already in.

Of course, if you want to sleeve them, or make them shorter, you have to do the same or all the wires.

Here one video as example!

Thanks so much for this. So you cancel/delete the led and you plug the two wires in. Any which goes where inside the fan plug ? I mean which location 3rd, 4th ? Or it doesn’t matter ?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks so much for this. So you cancel/delete the led and you plug the two wires in. Any which goes where inside the fan plug ? I mean which location 3rd, 4th ? Or it doesn’t matter ?
I don’t remember how the led is connected, but yes! (Though, is you really want it, you have to do a double crimp, but let me know if it is the case!)

You can even remove the LED strip if you want and the top “fake” Heatsink (it’s not in contact with the pump) etc, and putting everything inside and EKWB ddc heatsink so have even more space and cool the pump a bit more.

Fore the wires, look exactly my pictures, wires and fan connector direction!

First black, than yellow, and then Green is the Tachimeter and at the end the Blue is the PMW signal. Is the same on the NOCTUA Fans (not Chromax).

Last edited:
Reactions: MultiDoc

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
I am confused about how you've used the bifurcation and the ADT riser together. Would you be able to share some more details on that?

I tried to find the R33L ok on the ADT site to get some pics, but I couldn't find it.
If I can I will write later the PART 2 and you will see.

BTW, here the riser used. Sorry, was the R33SL!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
HERE me again, with the PART 2!!

This is almost the actual configuration, where all the parts are written in the #1 post.

So, looking at a few builds here in the forum, I've seen users putting 2 GPUs inside sff cases.

I've started to wondering if I could have the same in this sub 10L case as well!

And more I was looking at it and at the space, more I was getting positive about the idea!

I knew from around the forums, that in general for a watercooled loop, to have a good amount of cooling power, you have to consider 120mm of slim rad for each component, so I had to exclude my second GPU, a Titan RTX, to be under water. (SPOILER: I will do it ANYWAY, I want to check this option just for a test and my knowledge! :))

BUT, to have to GPUs with an ITX MB, you have to use a bifurcation riser that split the x16 lane to x8/x8, and a motherboard that support it.

The ASUS doesn't allow it, so I had to switch motherboard, and after a few check, I've decide to go with the Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570 ITX. It has a few VRM phases less, 1 fan header less than the ASUS, but still 2 M.2 SSD place, and a kind of stealth look.
And the most important thing, IT offers the bifurcation support in the BIOS, not only x8/x8, but also x8/x4/x4 and x4/x4/x4/x4. SO GOOD!!

Found the motherboard, now it's time to look for the bifurcation riser!

There are a few options around, but I already knew where to look for: C_Payne Risers

This guy is the GOD of the bifurcation risers! There are of any kind, and you can even request one just for your case.

I went for the 1 Slot space one, with the brackets to support it for the DAN/Ghost S1, thinking that based on that, I could reverse engineering the brackets to fit the special riser mount support of the T1.

And I did it!! (Well, I made a small design mistake, so it is not perfect, but it works! - BTW, working with him for a 2 slots space riser as well, that can fit the T1, stay tuned!!)

Here the amazing riser!

To connect it to the motherboard, I really recommend the ADT Link R33SL riser of 25mm. It works like a glove, and doesn't touch the slim fan below!

Time to check the space and the fit of the GPUs! I've switched the case configuration to the 3 Slots one, giving me the possibility to have one watercooled single slot card and one on Air, easy to swap BTW!

Because of the two GPUs, using 2 power connectors each, I had to make my own double crimped power cable, to minimize the amount of cable coming from the PSU.
It was a pain in the ass at the beginning, but thanks to @pslate that has suggested me to use a different terminal made for thicker cable, I was able to get them done!

Finally has arrived the time to put the build together, and rethink the tubes routing, as well, not having the space in the GPU side anymore to run them.

But this time I really wanted to try to fit also the 25mm fan! To have this done, I had to push till the front the radiator. But because of this, the pump block was not fitting anymore, going against the front structure.

Thinking how to solve this, I've found this tiny AMAZING fittings from Barrow/Bitspower, that allows you to offset of 6mm anything you want! I've used 2 of them to have different degree of rotation and positioning... AND BOTH OF THEM FITS! THE PUMP and the FAN!
(Because this motherboard has only 2 Fan header available, I have to connect the 2 different fans with Y splitter. It's not ideal because of the different speed, but it works! Maybe I will use in the future an AquaComputer Quadro to control them separately - it fits, I've checked ;))

NOW THE BUILD IS COMPLETE!

There is also space for a small NOCTUA PMW controller to fix and cap the max speed of the fans!

Time to fill the system again! And thanks to a lot of small and important decisions, this can be done with everything in place, because everything is accessible! (Of course I did a leak test before :D)

AND HERE YOU ARE!!

I cannot be more happy!! (OR MAYBE I COULD?? :D - a small PART 3 in the next days!)

Cheers!!

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

This is almost the actual configuration, where all the parts are written in the #1 post.

So, looking at a few builds here in the forum, I've seen users putting 2 GPUs inside sff cases.

I've started to wondering if I could have the same in this sub 10L case as well!

And more I was looking at it and at the space, more I was getting positive about the idea!

I knew from around the forums, that in general for a watercooled loop, to have a good amount of cooling power, you have to consider 120mm of slim rad for each component, so I had to exclude my second GPU, a Titan RTX, to be under water. (SPOILER: I will do it ANYWAY, I want to check this option just for a test and my knowledge! :))

BUT, to have to GPUs with an ITX MB, you have to use a bifurcation riser that split the x16 lane to x8/x8, and a motherboard that support it.

The ASUS doesn't allow it, so I had to switch motherboard, and after a few check, I've decide to go with the Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570 ITX. It has a few VRM phases less, 1 fan header less than the ASUS, but still 2 M.2 SSD place, and a kind of stealth look.
And the most important thing, IT offers the bifurcation support in the BIOS, not only x8/x8, but also x8/x4/x4 and x4/x4/x4/x4. SO GOOD!!

There are a few options around, but I already knew where to look for: C_Payne Risers

This guy is the GOD of the bifurcation risers! There are of any kind, and you can even request one just for your case.

I went for the 1 Slot space one, with the brackets to support it for the DAN/Ghost S1, thinking that based on that, I could reverse engineering the brackets to fit the special riser mount support of the T1.

And I did it!! (Well, I made a small design mistake, so it is not perfect, but it works! - BTW, working with him for a 2 slots space riser as well, that can fit the T1, stay tuned!!)

Here the amazing riser!

To connect it to the motherboard, I really recommend the ADT Link R33SL riser of 25mm. It works like a glove, and doesn't touch the slim fan below!

Time to check the space and the fit of the GPUs! I've switched the case configuration to the 3 Slots one, giving me the possibility to have one watercooled single slot card and one on Air, easy to swap BTW!

Because of the two GPUs, using 2 power connectors each, I had to make my own double crimped power cable, to minimize the amount of cable coming from the PSU.
It was a pain in the ass at the beginning, but thanks to @pslate that has suggested me to use a different terminal made for thicker cable, I was able to get them done!

Finally has arrived the time to put the build together, and rethink the tubes routing, as well, not having the space in the GPU side anymore to run them.

But this time I really wanted to try to fit also the 25mm fan! To have this done, I had to push till the front the radiator. But because of this, the pump block was not fitting anymore, going against the front structure.

Thinking how to solve this, I've found this tiny AMAZING fittings from Barrow/Bitspower, that allows you to offset of 6mm anything you want! I've used 2 of them to have different degree of rotation and positioning... AND BOTH OF THEM FITS! THE PUMP and the FAN!
(Because this motherboard has only 2 Fan header available, I have to connect the 2 different fans with Y splitter. It's not ideal because of the different speed, but it works! Maybe I will use in the future an AquaComputer Quadro to control them separately - it fits, I've checked ;))

There is also space for a small NOCTUA PMW controller to fix and cap the max speed of the fans!

Time to fill the system again! And thanks to a lot of small and important decisions, this can be done with everything in place, because everything is accessible! (Of course I did a leak test before :D)

AND HERE YOU ARE!!

I cannot be more happy!! (OR MAYBE I COULD?? :D - a small PART 3 in the next days!)

Cheers!!
Wow, just wos.. this make me sick, trying to join QQ group and asking my friend to buy this case.. but since this condition getting bad, no approve at all.. well i can see all your creativity is good for me.. haha <3

itsmichael

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2020

Here the amazing riser!

AND HERE YOU ARE!!

Cheers!!
Unreal build, once again!! So what's next? :D

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Reactions: bpark919

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Any performance issues since the cards aren’t physically connected together by nvlink?

LCK sb

Caliper Novice
Oct 17, 2019
I want to find that this pcie separated thing needs a driver installation, or it will directly recognize the graphics card, is there a forum to study this

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
I'm sorry if I missed it, but why did you switch from the Asus to the Gigabyte?

Nm, I found it. Interesting. I just did the opposite switch but we had different issues :).

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Any performance issues since the cards aren’t physically connected together by nvlink?
No, no problem. Basically the system see 2 cards. So I can use the second one to have more rendering cores.

Or for example, I can set one to drive the viewport where I draw, and the second one to do an updated real-time rendering of the scene.

Reactions: Sashby

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
I want to find that this pcie separated thing needs a driver installation, or it will directly recognize the graphics card, is there a forum to study this
No, it is kind “plug and play”. But you have to setup/activate in the bios the option for the bifurcation. I’ve switched it from Auto to x8/x8.

It’s curious how before to activate it, the main GPU is the Titan V on the slot closer to the motherboard.

Activating the bifurcation, the “main” GPU (main means that I can “see” the post screen) becomes the RTX.

But when in windows, you can plug and unplug between the two how many times you want, no problem at all!