CPU Fitting an eGPU inside Mac Mini

FlexxRocket

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 5, 2023
Hi my project is how in the title explained to build an eGPU inside a Mac Mini Case (2010)
I bought the EXP GDC TH3P4 Lite which is about 2 cm thick. My idea was to either use an RTX A2000 with single Slot mod or an Xfx 6400 rx AMD.
The TH3P4 and the GPU would lay side by side in the case, connected via an PCIe x16 Riser.
My Main Problem is the Fan and cooler Installation (maybe you can help me with ideas) I use an aluminium sheet metal at the bottom for air intake. Maybe an 1,5cm Noctua Fan is the solution?

Here are some Pics:
the Riser and the Fan are not yet installed

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Excellent project, going to follow this ! Luckily a lot of recent graphics card have an almost square PCB behing that sedan-sized heatsink.

FlexxRocket

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 5, 2023
I tried an alternative solution with an PCIe to M.2 to Thunderbolt adapter (like seen on the picture) The Card and the fan are noisy but the Computer doesnt recognise the card. What can I do?

FlexxRocket

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 5, 2023
It gets detected as a Drive D:/ but under device-Manager and under graphics cards is only the intern GPU

FlexxRocket

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 5, 2023
does anyone has an idea on how to proberly attach the Card and the TH3P4 Lite to the unibody Mac mini