First SFF build in an NCase M1 v6 - need some feedback

Varsh

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Jul 25, 2019
Much like everyone else, I'm sure everyone will be upgrading to the Zen 2 architecture and I'm certainly no exception. However, I'm now going even more small form factor than I did with my Jonsbo W2 in 2014 from an Antec P280.

The main purpose of this PC is for production and gaming. I mainly use 3ds Max, Fusion 360, Illustrator, Premiere and Unreal Engine 4 plus lots of 3D printing. As I'm doing more and more complicated models I'm finding that my 3D printer slicers are starting to chug and sometimes not even process, even Fusion 360 is struggling at times. So I've decided to finally upgrade and go Team Red for the first time since the mid-'90s.

I currently have the below components selected and with an external NAS, I won't have any storage issues. My only qualm is with the water cooling solution. While an AIO is extremely fast to put together, I would love to water cool both the CPU and the GPU for better temps, something that's very important in an SFF case.

The Rads will most likely be a low profile 240 and 120. If I can fit a 240 at the bottom with the graphics card there then that should make everything considerably better, but, for this setup would a single 240 be fine? There are 2 tube holes at the back of the case which I was thinking of using for bleeding and filling the system.

I have never done a custom loop before so some advice would be grand.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor (£499.99 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£95.99 @ AWD-IT)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (£238.39 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£174.78 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Corsair MP510 960 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£120.48 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£229.99 @ Corsair UK)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card (£379.97 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS SGX 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply (£100.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £1840.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-25 15:20 BST+0100

An issue I have is regarding my sound setup. Currently, I have optical and the only other input for my speakers is Bluetooth. Knowing that the Gigabyte Aorus ITX uses Bluetooth, would this work with the speaker if there's no optical connection?

One thing I will eventually do is custom PSU cables so that it all fits nicely together. I'm terrible at cable management so having it spread everywhere would not be a good thing for me. ?

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
I stream to an older stereo reciever from my MSI 450i using built-in wifi/BT using a small BT5.0 receiver feeding AUX-IN no problems, sounds great. Your setup should be fine. Formerly used optical link but didn't notice many new mobos except Asrock have dropped SPDIF.