Extremely cheap and simple Tiny LP case (3.9L)

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Protocase is the go to prototype case manufacturer, but case costs can range from $200 - $3k depending on the complexity. It may be cheaper to find a local metal shop in Brazil.

Reactions: buLL

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
Yeah, I know that. I don't think there are companies that do this kind of job where I live (Brazil). I might have to look for resources from USA, or maybe China, to do the metal prototype for me, and send to here. We'll see how that works out.

Can you recommend a company that could make a metal prototype for a reasonable price, and send to Brazil?

There are some shops in São Paulo that can do that for you, they use mostly aluminum

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
There are some shops in São Paulo that can do that for you, they use mostly aluminum

Are you from Brazil? You know the name of the shop in São Paulo bro? I did a quick search on Google, and couldn't find any...

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
Are you from Brazil? You know the name of the shop in São Paulo bro? I did a quick search on Google, and couldn't find any...
Yep I'm from Brazil, and I'm in São Paulo...

Having said that its been a year or more since I was looking in building a metal chassis, I will take a look at the notes for the case that i was trying to build at the time to see the contacts.

It was my partner in the case that was looking at manufacturers for us, but if I remember the quote correctly it was R$ 200 (including materials) for an hour of service...

Meaning if you deliver all the designs for them in a format that they can use and have a "fast" design in terms of cuts and bends, you can spend "only" R$ 400, which is going to be quite cheaper than getting protocase to do it, given the value of our currency.

Reactions: owliwar and buLL

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Yep I'm from Brazil, and I'm in São Paulo...

Having said that its been a year or more since I was looking in building a metal chassis, I will take a look at the notes for the case that i was trying to build at the time to see the contacts.

It was my partner in the case that was looking at manufacturers for us, but if I remember the quote correctly it was R$ 200 (including materials) for an hour of service...

Meaning if you deliver all the designs for them in a format that they can use and have a "fast" design in terms of cuts and bends, you can spend "only" R$ 400, which is going to be quite cheaper than getting protocase to do it, given the value of our currency.

Te mandei um PM, da uma olhada ai :)

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
Sorry for the delays guys, but the shop that my partner found for the previous case project has already closed, you know the recession is terrible on small businesses.

Still, I'm trying to find a metal shop that would deal with this kind of thing, given that Im too designing a case that would be 7L and support a standard 10,5" GPU and SFX, with 2x 92mm fans to provide cooling

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Sorry for the delays guys, but the shop that my partner found for the previous case project has already closed, you know the recession is terrible on small businesses.

Still, I'm trying to find a metal shop that would deal with this kind of thing, given that Im too designing a case that would be 7L and support a standard 10,5" GPU and SFX, with 2x 92mm fans to provide cooling

awesome bro, keep us informed. I really don't know a factory in Brazil that does this kind of job. Cheers

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
I found several that do large batches, of at least 500. thats their minimum

nice. But i wanted some that do small batches, like 10 or less. You dont know any? I thought about doing it with laser cut sheet metal and bending, i think a lot of shops can do that at a cheap price

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
nice. But i wanted some that do small batches, like 10 or less. You dont know any? I thought about doing it with laser cut sheet metal and bending, i think a lot of shops can do that at a cheap price

nope, Im trying to find exactly those small cheap batches, and due to what is happening now, they are avoiding small batches and focusing on large orders

and thus doing small runs with those 34 manufacturers that i already searched are out of the question, due to setting up and other several costs

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
nope, Im trying to find exactly those small cheap batches, and due to what is happening now, they are avoiding small batches and focusing on large orders

and thus doing small runs with those 34 manufacturers that i already searched are out of the question, due to setting up and other several costs

Oh, that makes sense. Anyway, keep us informed on any news, and send me your skype via PM if you can bro. Cheers

Reactions: owliwar

dzungitx

Caliper Novice
Sep 16, 2019
Same on Taobao