Evga 1060 SC in HG Osmi

LiquidHazard

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 18, 2017
Hi everyone.
This is my first post (of many I hope) but have been lurking for some time!

I have recently got an osmi to build a new ryzen system and want to know if the EVGA 1060 sc fits in it.

It's over 170mm at 172.7mm but I'm not sure it will work.

Thanks!

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Other OSMI build logs here have used the Gigabyte 1070 mini, so I would hazard that the EVGA should fit. If it doesn't, then at least EVGA officially permits modding of the card if you need to trim the shroud a bit.

Reactions: LiquidHazard

LiquidHazard

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 18, 2017
Other OSMI build logs here have used the Gigabyte 1070 mini, so I would hazard that the EVGA should fit. If it doesn't, then at least EVGA officially permits modding of the card if you need to trim the shroud a bit.

Oh wow I didn't know that! That's really nice of them

LiquidHazard

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 18, 2017
Well, I got the case and the card but it's a no go unless I mod the shroud as @jtd871 as suggested.
But having checked evga eu warranty I didn't find anything about modding :(

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
No, they don't allow modding to the card itself. They just do not "void the warranty" for swapping coolers or reflashing the BIOS, so long as if you need to make a warranty claim, you return it to its original, otherwise working condition with stock cooler and BIOS.

So, if the heat sink extends past the PCB, you have options. If not, you will need a different card, or look at modding your case to let the card fit.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I think the official EVGA specs are wrong, the card is 10mm longer than advertised because they are not counting the shroud in their measurements, only the PCB. The card is more like 183mm long.

Here is a photo of the previous generation GTX 960 which uses the same shroud:

The shroud overhangs the PCB by 10mm:

LiquidHazard

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 18, 2017
Could you remove the shroud and leave the fans and fins as is?

The fan is part of the shroud as far as I can tell so it's a no go.

Trim dat shroud

If I didn't have the option of sending it back I would.
I have already returned it and upgraded to a Gigabyte 1070 mini. Just waiting for it to arrive to build the system :D

But it's a shame the 1060 sc didn't fit as it is a brilliant card with a really nice cooler.