Custom Watercooling loop DAN case v3 / ITX gpu / HDPLEX 400W / R5 2600

Rogue86

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jun 22, 2018
Hey everyone,

So I was one of the people who jumped on top of the new v3 case with support for 92mm and and 120mm aio cooling. I started off with the Asetek 545LC with a full length card and an SFX PSU, I liked it but my god the pump tubes were stressed.

Next I ventured into 120mm AIO cooling with the side bracket included. I tried the 120mm AIO, the Corsair H60, on the GPU side with an EVGA 1060 SC 6GB, still with the 600W SFX psu. If I thought the 92mm was loud than this one wouldbe screaming at me with the low profile noctua fan. I tried both push and pull configurations and nothing was both cool and as quiet or more so than the 92mm aio.

So the next step was the HDPLEX 400W HiFi which is mounted on the GPU side in the standard tapped holes on the case. With the AIO mounted on the CPU side. I still have the EVGA 1060 6GB SC. But the temps and fan on the gpu really yell at me now. Curse my neurotic need for cooling AND silence!

So my plans are as follows / what I want to do:
Slim 120mm EKWB radiator on CPU side
EK-Velocity RGB AMD full nickel block
Bykski waterblock for EVGA 1060 sc Gaming
120mm EKWB Vardar fan
Flexible tubing
EK-Xres 100 DDC MX 3.2 PWM mounted to floor of chassis between HDPLEX and the GPU (plenty of height clearance and width clearance

To clarify: yes I know the idea of watercooling a 1060 may seem silly, but I am an enthusiast and I am curious to see if it CAN be done and how WELL it works, for science!

So what do you all think? Crazy? Plausible? Crazy Plausible?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hey everyone,

So I was one of the people who jumped on top of the new v3 case with support for 92mm and and 120mm aio cooling. I started off with the Asetek 545LC with a full length card and an SFX PSU, I liked it but my god the pump tubes were stressed.

Next I ventured into 120mm AIO cooling with the side bracket included. I tried the 120mm AIO, the Corsair H60, on the GPU side with an EVGA 1060 SC 6GB, still with the 600W SFX psu. If I thought the 92mm was loud than this one wouldbe screaming at me with the low profile noctua fan. I tried both push and pull configurations and nothing was both cool and as quiet or more so than the 92mm aio.

So the next step was the HDPLEX 400W HiFi which is mounted on the GPU side in the standard tapped holes on the case. With the AIO mounted on the CPU side. I still have the EVGA 1060 6GB SC. But the temps and fan on the gpu really yell at me now. Curse my neurotic need for cooling AND silence!

So my plans are as follows / what I want to do:
Slim 120mm EKWB radiator on CPU side
EK-Velocity RGB AMD full nickel block
Bykski waterblock for EVGA 1060 sc Gaming
120mm EKWB Vardar fan
Flexible tubing
EK-Xres 100 DDC MX 3.2 PWM mounted to floor of chassis between HDPLEX and the GPU (plenty of height clearance and width clearance

To clarify: yes I know the idea of watercooling a 1060 may seem silly, but I am an enthusiast and I am curious to see if it CAN be done and how WELL it works, for science!

So what do you all think? Crazy? Plausible? Crazy Plausible?
Personally, I don't think it will work, in the short side
let's do some math:

EK-XRES is 65mm on the short size
EKWB SE 120 is 28mm
EK Vardar is 25mm

The total is 118, and the DAN is 112 OVERALL.

To make it possible, or you choose a Noctua slim fan (-10mm), or an XSPC TX radiator (-7.5mm) keeping the Vardar (I am no sure it will fit). Or the TX + the Noctua slim, and this case you will have "a lot" of clearance ;)

And of course don't forget the fittings!

ZeppeZ

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2018
EDIT: Didnt notice you planned for a 120mm rad, so your setup should hopefully work as the case has a AIO bracket for 120mm rad according to the case site specs.
https://www.dan-cases.com/dana4_spec.html

But is a 120mm enough to cool a cpu and gpu?

Original post:
Wont the ram be in the way for the radiator?

Just to be clear I have no watercooling experience.

My thoughts: the case has 120mm rad compability, so maybe try a 120mm radiator over the motherboard/CPU and another in the back where the PSU should be?
Then you have totalt of 240mm just split in two. Prolly be able to fit a small reservoir in the front between the radiator and the gpu?

Last edited: