confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Note: I went to this event as more of a networking opportunity rather than an interest in the drone (I want one, but my focus is SFF computing!!) so the details are a bit light. Also, a corrupted phone meant my notes from the event.. lost into the ether :(

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Note: I went to this event as more of a networking opportunity rather than an interest in the drone (I want one, but my focus is SFF computing!!) so the details are a bit light. Also, a corrupted phone meant my notes from the event.. lost into the ether :(
I am so sorry about that. Nothing saved to a Micro SD card or cloud storage?

I want it, but priorities. And the stricter rules every year are getting frustrating.
Always the few that ruin it for the those of us that would make the most of it.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Alas, nothing. However the only important stuff on the phone that wasn't backed up was the notes from the event, and they were just specs that match the product website

Reactions: Soul_Est

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Four-month thread-necro but... I came to confess that I maaaaaay have impulsively bought one of these on a group buy... I also maaaaay have bought a set of hiking shoes... which means I also maaaaaaaaaaaaay need to upgrade my computer for editing... more accurate monitor... or a NAS build...

The size and feature set of this drone seemed to meet my needs the best out of the DJI consumer lineup. The Mavic Pro was still just a touch too big and too expensive and the Spark was just a little too small. The Mavic Air seems to have the right combination of air-worthiness and portability for me (I'm not all that athletic). Plus, it, uh, takes money to make money right? No pain, no gain <nervous chuckling> I'm definitely not just buying stuff on a string of ill-advised whims...

Um, has anyone seen my wallet?

Reactions: confusis

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Lol, awesome. Consider it a fitness plan, going hiking to film and take photos.
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the drone after a bit of use

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
The only way I could justify it was to consider it a fitness plan (i.e. drag myself from my computer into the -ugh- sun). I am an utter drone noob. My only real touchpoint was a friend from New Brunswick who lugged his Phantom 4 all the way to my neck of the woods (across oceans and continents and all that). Didn't even get to fly it, just watched him. That perspective though... I will try to remember to come back at various stages in my journey of drone discovery. Hopefully it won't be that the first and only entry is "Flew it into restricted airspace. FAA confiscated it and I'm going to jail now."

Reactions: confusis