EVE-02

ehqhvm

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 18, 2015
Woah... What a beauty! I really like the circular grill pattern in the back, it looks really, really slick. Really interesting implementation of a gpu bracket, never seen someone use a modding cube!

Thanks! haha yes, to be honest the GPU bracket implementation was mostly dumb luck, because the modding cube just so happened to fit perfectly, tightly securing the GPU in place. This is something that I plan to polish next though!

Hahutzy

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 9, 2015
The layering effect of the logo with translucent acrylic looks dope!

I see that the cutout around the GPU has 1 side that's quite thin. Do you think that's going to warp?

If so, maybe you can push the outline of the cut inward a bit to give thickness. Though, I don't know how much width you can spare while still getting the pcie flange to through it.

ehqhvm

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 18, 2015
The layering effect of the logo with translucent acrylic looks dope!

I see that the cutout around the GPU has 1 side that's quite thin. Do you think that's going to warp?

If so, maybe you can push the outline of the cut inward a bit to give thickness. Though, I don't know how much width you can spare while still getting the pcie flange to through it.

Yes, you're right, that part ended up being way too thin! it's funny how thick something can look in Illustrator while you are about 50x zoomed in... haha but luckily when the side panel is in place, that's not a problem since it adds an additional 5mm of thickness. In a future revision though, I would maybe increase the width of the case by at least 3 or 4mm to address that.

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
Great job with the case! Why not have he I/O ports on the bottom, with the cables coming out similar to how the G4 Cube is setup?

ehqhvm

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 18, 2015
Great job with the case! Why not have he I/O ports on the bottom, with the cables coming out similar to how the G4 Cube is setup?

I thought about it! maybe that's better, I'm still hesitant. The reason I ended up with this approach instead, is because I didn't want to add a lot of extra height to the case, since this size is great for throwing it in a backpack when I'm traveling. Also I like having easy access to the motherboard IO, and having to lift the case to access IO at the bottom is less than ideal. Of course there are advantages to having the IO at the bottom too, so it was just a tough call.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It looks amazing, well done !

For the LED positioning, if the sides of the acrylic parts aren't polished, you can use the LEDs as "side-lit".

Reactions: ehqhvm

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Great job, the build looks pretty nice, especially with the black Titan X card in it. I would also suggest sanding the front logo acrylic as a way make the light more diffused.