Discussion ENP-7660B from SFFTEC

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Please keep us updated, I'm most interested in a first-hand experience with this psu.

update A1 :

a) I was sent a silver color unit by accident, from my seller, which i did not test, because i used their 15 day free returns. however, if you purchase using paypal, because paypal's policy supersedes any seller policy; you can open up a power
unit, and still return it, so i know that any silver color unit from this manufacturer, is bad quality.

do not buy any silver color unit.

b) I re-ordered a black color unit with white cables, from the same manufacturer, by immediately sending a message to my seller; after buying it, that i needed a black color unit. REVOCCASES has confirmed that a black color unit with white cables, if actually sent the correct one, is good quality. i have not tested my PSU yet, & it will be quite a long time; but with free returns,
which i can verify, i personally vouch for this : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001971974182.html

do not forget to immediately send your seller that message, after your purchase.

here's proof that i actually purchased, what REVOCCASES confirmed is good quality :

c) the reason its taking such a long time to test it, is I also have something else, which is great, with a different PSU; a custom case from NFC Systems, that everyone should see,
because its great : http://smallformfactor.net/forum/th...ase-designed-by-nfc-systems-with-photo.16603/

Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I was sent a silver color unit by accident, from my seller, which i did not test, because i used their 15 day free returns. however, if you purchase using paypal, because paypal's policy supersedes any seller policy; you can open up a power
unit, and still return it, so i know that any silver color unit from this manufacturer, is bad quality.

do not buy any silver color unit.

just to clarify this, silver units have different internals than black units.

its not just a paintjob color, their internals are not the same.

see photos here, of SRC/LLC+SR Controller, which is inside my 550- 600W version : http://smallformfactor.net/forum/th...taobao-7760b-mf-700f.16456/page-4#post-249189

and on AliExpress, sellers frequently put different models or revisions, within one listing.

so for example, a listing says " IPhone A999 " but if you look at their photos, its obvious they also are selling " IPhone A990 " ;so if you make a purchase for IPhone A999, without messaging them immediately after, there's a good chance that they'll send you IPhone A990, by accident.

Last edited:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
On the photo of the black psu over the aliexpress link, the side iwth the sticker is different than the one you shared a photo of. That one also has the small fan uncovered - just like the grey one. Same for the vented motif. however, the sticker suggests that it is the Platinum version.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
On the photo of the black psu over the aliexpress link, the side with the sticker is different than the one you shared a photo of. That one also has the small fan uncovered - just like the grey one. Same for the vented motif. however, the sticker suggests that it is the Platinum version.

i've recommended this AliExpress link, but with conditions : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001971974182.html

one of those conditions was to use paypal, so you had paypal buyer protection.

you have to accept these conditions, together with my recommendation, in order for this advice to be effective.

additionally, i don't believe these AliExpress sellers are " mom and pop " operations, i think they're big companies, with products sitting in large warehouses.

so if your question is can i guarantee that they'll actually send you, from these large warehouses, what was in their photo, the answer is no.

if there are any other questions, i'm happy to answer them.

Last edited:

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Thank you. Your posts were already really helpful and swift, sharing the recommendation about sending the message seems vital as well.
I just thought that they might sent you the not recommended grey version as the casing resembled more like that after seeing the shop page:) I hope that was not the case and you indeed received the black one with the higher quality.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
one of those conditions was to use paypal, so you had paypal buyer protection.

you have to accept these conditions, together with my recommendation, in order for this advice to be effective.

also- please note that if your AliExpress seller sends you the wrong model PSU, or a non-functioning PSU, then your refund from paypal will include taxes, shipping fees, and etc.

so your purchase is safe.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
It's also a good way to help people figure out their next move in to move forward.
For example: I, myself, didn't know that VELKASE offered a comparable unit that's not listed on their site. That was Uber helpful.

a good next move forward for other SFF Forum members, is to contact @Josh | NFC ,who designed a 6.0 litre case, which works just like SFFTEC's case, but he actually provides customer service.

video from NFC Systems :

FreshGnar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2020
Sorry I'm very late to the party on this but I bought my 7660b limited back in Nov 2020. Iirc it took just over a week to get to me and I have had absolutely no complaints and It has been the psu for my daily driver since then. I did a Noctua fan swap on it shortly after I got it. I can't remember how loud the stock fan was but I just wanted the quietest experience possible.

Noosh

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
Aaaaand this is my SFFTEC story... no reply for almost 2 years. Bought or rather paid for it on Feb 27, 2020.

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
I was one of the idiots who defended him in the other thread, thinking he would eventually come through. Guess what... he didn't and I lost the money.