Discussion ENP-7660B from SFFTEC

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
What's the difference? I think my sfftec 7660B is dying - or maybe a 6800XT is too power hungry- regardless I may get one of these.
The Velkase version has shorter cables and blacker color, making it slightly better than the SFFTEC version. You wouldn't be improving performance if you get the Velkase version, although if your SFFTEC PSU is dying, you might want to get a new PSU.

Reactions: revan

JournaL

Caliper Novice
May 4, 2017
If anyone is wondering in terms of power requirements. I have a RTX 3090 and a Ryzen 5800x undervolted and running certain games such as Metro Exodus with a power limiter of 70% on my RTX 3090 will trip up power supply. If you are thinking anything 3080 or 3090 along with a 90w TDP CPU, probably look elsewhere.

Now I am stuck with my Z-Cases P50 with this terribleness.

• Wow
Reactions: morj

jax111

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 17, 2021
I’m over twelve months waiting at the moment. I probably should have Paypal charged him but I kept the faith. Oh well.
did you end up getting it?
Z-case P50 looked sweet so I went to the website and ordered one yesterday: https://www.sfftec.com/product-page/z-case-p50-v1-1

.. then i did some reading https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/sfftec-shipping-updates.13843/post-216141 "I've decided to end the company in a couple of months, and won't be active here or on Reddit anymore (been banned there too), but I'll still be checking emails until everyone's 180-day warranty is over."

SFFtech so shady!!! extremely poor customer service and seems like wait time is > 6 months, if at all.. good luck with this. have decided to cancel but haven;t heard any updates here about SFFtech

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
in addition to the same black color ENP 7660B unit, i've been talking about, which is sold by @VELKASE Michael
,many people are recommending this 550- 600W Flex modular unit, which can be bought with paypal buyer protection :
[ http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001971974182.html ]

i can personally confirm that i purchased it myself, for $190 USA dollars, including shipping & taxes ( DHL is recommended, for an extra $35 ) ;& the only mod you need to make to it, is a Noctua fan swap.

Last edited:
Reactions: confusis

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Z-case P50 looked sweet so I went to the website and ordered one yesterday

have decided to cancel but haven;t heard any updates

if you're looking for something truly sweet, from a company with good customer service, NFC Systems will have a Flex PSU compatible case under 7.0 litres, available around june or july.

development is not finished yet, but its much better than SFFTEC's case.

its not the same as a SkyReach 4 Mini, which has an official NFC logo, its a case which is manufactured by NFC Systems, or a company that works with them.

Last edited:

jax111

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 17, 2021
if you're looking for something truly sweet, from a company with good customer service, NFC Systems will have a Flex PSU compatible case under 7.0 litres, available around june or july.

development is not finished yet, but its much better than SFFTEC's case.
ah cool, any idea what itll look like or any link to the NFC page?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
ah cool, any idea what itll look like or any link to the NFC page?

there's no link to the NFC Systems page, because its still in development.

however- i've seen an early prototype, & if you ask questions based on it, then i'll answer them.

its not the same as a SkyReach 4 Mini, which has an official NFC logo, its a case which is manufactured by NFC Systems, or a company that works with them.

Last edited:

jax111

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 17, 2021
there's no link to the NFC Systems page, because its still in development.

however- i've seen an early prototype, & if you ask questions based on it, then i'll answer them.
no problem i can wait

500W Flex modular unit, which can be bought with paypal buyer protection https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001406139977.html

interesting, does this fit the S4mini? HDPLEX is 180 x 40 x 55, whereas this AliExpress is a wider 170 x 80 x 40 , perhaps I can fit it in with a short GPU like r9 nano size?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
interesting, does this fit the S4mini? HDPLEX is 180 x 40 x 55, whereas this AliExpress is a wider 170 x 80 x 40 , perhaps I can fit it in with a short GPU like r9 nano size?

it fits the case i'm talking about, which is in development from NFC Systems, that looks very similar to a SkyReach 4 Mini.

with a Flex power unit installed, you'll have space for a GPU around 290mm long, and 125-130 mm wide.

like this for example : https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=24G-P5-3973-KR

Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
PSU : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001406139977.html

1st report out of 2 :

a) color vs SFFTEC ENP-7660B ( silver color ) ,result SFFTEC unit wins

b) fan noise vs SFFTEC ENP-7660B ( noise is equivalent to average of reviews on this forum, but this has a lower price, so after swapping Noctua fan, it evens out in terms of price ) ,result AliExpress unit wins

c) shortened cables vs SFFTEC ENP-7660B ( 24-pin and SATA cables are shortened, and white/silver color, CPU cable is not shortened. all cables are modular ) ,result AliExpress unit wins

d) price, factoring in ship quality/time, vs SFFTEC ENP-7660B ( UPS shipping, arrives in about 1 week to USA, total price of unit is about $65 less ) ,there is no comparison here, result AliExpress unit wins

e) purchase security vs SFFTEC ENP-7660B ( although both had paypal buyer protection, this also has 15 day free returns, so you don't even have to file a paypal claim ) ,there is no comparison here, result AliExpress unit wins

Overall result : AliExpress unit wins by a lot, please wait for report on actual power wattage